• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Super Mario Bros movie anti-woke?

We Never Know

No Slack
He's still came from Japan though.
Amd you probably want to learn more Nintendo characters. Solid Snake is half Japanese, Link and Zelda are closer to elves, Samus is a human from wherever she's from, Final Fantasy has a mixture, Kirby isn't even humanoid, Fox McCloud is a fox, there's lizards and dinosaurs, Ryu Hyabusa and other ninjas are Japanese, Mike Tyson (who the game is named afterl is black, and with the NES I'd wager most are in the eye of the beholder. Like, did the guy in Kung-Fu evem get developed that much?
And woke is nothing more than being aware of systemic discrimination and repression.
"Nintendo is a Japanese company that sells to an intentional market. But 99% of Nintendo’s characters are caucasian. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Samus, Link, Pit, Olimar, Ness, Shulk, Little Mac, Wario, Rosalina, Zelda. All Nintendo’s major human characters are caucasian."

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/i9ilz2

We Never Know

No Slack
He's still came from Japan though.
Amd you probably want to learn more Nintendo characters. Solid Snake is half Japanese, Link and Zelda are closer to elves, Samus is a human from wherever she's from, Final Fantasy has a mixture, Kirby isn't even humanoid, Fox McCloud is a fox, there's lizards and dinosaurs, Ryu Hyabusa and other ninjas are Japanese, Mike Tyson (who the game is named afterl is black, and with the NES I'd wager most are in the eye of the beholder. Like, did the guy in Kung-Fu evem get developed that much?
And woke is nothing more than being aware of systemic discrimination and repression.

"And woke is nothing more than being aware of systemic discrimination and repression"

Which includes the three I mentioned who are gay, transgender and black.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Nintendo is a Japanese company that sells to an intentional market. But 99% of Nintendo’s characters are caucasian. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Samus, Link, Pit, Olimar, Ness, Shulk, Little Mac, Wario, Rosalina, Zelda. All Nintendo’s major human characters are caucasian."
Aot of their major characters aren't even human. And most if those you mentioned are frim the same game series.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I have commented to my friends after watching the film that it was woke because Princess Peach seems to a strong, nearly-invincible female character. I wouldn't call it "anti-woke" because there's no black or gay characters.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If so, it might help me turn over a new leaf, although I am still woke.
Lol I’ve seen this seeming “battle” online. Some are claiming it’s “Anti Woke” others are decrying it as “woke” (specifically due to Princess Peach, if I’m understanding them correctly.)
Meanwhile all the degenerate lefty’s and even a few random nerd channels I watch, are pointing and laughing at them all

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Equality is among the many things conservatives consider "woke"; anything considered progressive; social and environmental conscience.
Define "equality". Does that mean men can get pregnant? :shrug: Is "progressive" everything is OK if it aligns with what I believe and say?:shrug:

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If I were to be entirely honest, nothing. This seems like the case of Republicans claiming "ownership" of a movie that they enjoyed, calling it "anti-woke", without ever explaining why.
The 1993 Mario Brothers movie did (kinda) deal with racism in some of its themes.

Did the new movie do that? I don't know - I haven't seen the new one yet.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Define "equality". Does that mean men can get pregnant? :shrug: Is "progressive" everything is OK if it aligns with what I believe and say?:shrug:
Well there are people born with the Y chromosome who can indeed get pregnant.
(Swyer Syndrome.)

As for blokes getting pregnant, meh, I’m sure they’ll figure out a way with medical science sooner or later :shrug:
Never say never :wink:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Define "equality". Does that mean men can get pregnant?
The state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities. What a nonsensical question.

Is "progressive" everything is OK if it aligns with what I believe and say?:shrug:
Obviously not, given that it's based on reason and compassion. It isn't arbitrary like your superstitions.