• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Super Mario Bros movie anti-woke?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
In this situation I see it as sign of poor character and a lack of integrity.
But, then again, Im cynical enough to think maybe KFC intentionally did their Kristallnacht promotion so there's a chance people would just think of them whenever the Holocaust comes up.
I don’t think companies have any integrity, personally.

My own pet conspiracy theory is that companies intentionally upset whoever they can in order to sell more expensive gear.
At the moment that target seems to be the “anti woke” crowd.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Live and let live is NOT interferring with the healthcare of another. If you are against someone being treated you are not a live and let live tyoe of person.
Notice how you just eliminated free speech.

Kenny

Premium Member
Yes. There was a pro life demonstration on my campus not that long ago. They were forced out or anything. What a weird question.
In many "progressive colleges you can't and the context is about "progressives" and not "all"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Notice how you just eliminated free speech.
No, I didn't. I just stated, and rightfully so, if you are against someone receiving medical care and treatment you are not of a live amd let live mentality. Live and let live is I do my thing, you do yours, and we don't attack eachother or tell eachother we are wrong.
What you're doing is saying I want to do my thing but I don't want you to do yours, I don't care if it's a medical treatmemt you
shouldn't be able to get it.
Live and let live is a two way street but you're trying to block the other lane.

Shadow Wolf

In many "progressive colleges you can't and the context is about "progressives" and not "all"
Or it's not a widespread or common thing amd, as per the norm for Conservatives, they talk with certainty of things tjey themselves have no idea.
It's like that high school, I think in Oregon or wherever, but the school mentioned "proper" grammar has racist elements to it, and, yes, it long has been used as tool to put others down to establish an artificial sense of superiority. Well, that's not good at all or good enough so Conservative news outlets lied amd said the school is banning the teaching of grammar, amd they kept doing it even after the school itself said no and tried to set the record straight.

Kenny

Premium Member
No, I didn't. I just stated, and rightfully so, if you are against someone receiving medical care and treatment you are not of a live amd let live mentality. Live and let live is I do my thing, you do yours, and we don't attack eachother or tell eachother we are wrong.
What you're doing is saying I want to do my thing but I don't want you to do yours, I don't care if it's a medical treatmemt you
shouldn't be able to get it.
Live and let live is a two way street but you're trying to block the other lane.
I think you are reading too much into my statement. If you are 18 and you want to mutilate your body, I may disagree but I will let you live your life.

But if you are saying you can't tell someone you believe they are wrong... you are exemplifying part of the definition of woke. Freedom of speech until you tell me something I don't want to hear. IMV.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member

My college is pretty "progressive" in that it is in WA state, and near Seattle. A decidedly pro life state. No one cares on campus because they are more.qorried a out their grades. There were arguments, but that's any protest.

Edit: I've also attended UNLV, UW Milwaukee, Texas Community College, College of Southern NV, etc. It's been the same everywhere I've gone.

Shadow Wolf

I think you are reading too much into my statement. If you are 18 and you want to mutilate your body, I may disagree but I will let you live your life.

But if you are saying you can't tell someone you believe they are wrong... you are exemplifying part of the definition of woke. Freedom of speech until you tell me something I don't want to hear. IMV.
It's regarding a MEDICAL TREATMENT. This is why you cannot rightfully say you are live and let live because you are failing at the let live part. I am saying nothing of speech. You can be a bigot all you want.
But you are NOT live and let live since you against someone recieving medical treatment.

Kenny

Premium Member
It's regarding a MEDICAL TREATMENT. This is why you cannot rightfully say you are live and let live because you are failing at the let live part. I am saying nothing of speech. You can be a bigot all you want.
But you are NOT live and let live since you against someone recieving medical treatment.
Again... you are wrong.. you can live however you want if you are over 18. Notice again your limiting of free speech. In other words, freedom of speech is just fine, as long as I agree with you. ;)

Kenny

Premium Member
My college is pretty "progressive" in that it is in WA state, and near Seattle. A decidedly pro life state. No one cares on campus because they are more.qorried a out their grades. There were arguments, but that's any protest.

Edit: I've also attended UNLV, UW Milwaukee, Texas Community College, College of Southern NV, etc. It's been the same everywhere I've gone.
Then why all the violent responses in so many colleges?

Shadow Wolf

Again... you are wrong.. you can live however you want if you are over 18. Notice again your limiting of free speech. In other words, freedom of speech is just fine, as long as I agree with you. ;)
Im not telling you what you can or can't say. You desperately grasping at straws and twisting my words.
Worse yet is you REFUSE to acknowledge how this is a medical diagnosis amd treatment.
You CANNOT rightly call yourself live and let live if you oppose someone being treated for a medical issue. That doesn't have **** to do with speech. It's nothing more than calling out your misuse of the phrase and wanting to call yourself that while you make it clear you are not and would rather see needless suffering.
Now, do take better care at reading words and refrain from twisting them.

HonestJoe

Can a conservative go to speak at a liberal progressive college?
Sure, if the "liberal" college invites them to, just as a "liberal" could go and speak at a "conservative" college. That might not happen in either case because colleges are also free to choose who is and isn't invited to speak at their institutions (regardless of the colleges perceived or actual politics).

Can a pro-life have a stand without being attacked?
That depends what you mean by "attacked". Nobody has the right not to face enthusiastic challenges of debate at appropriate time and place but serious abuse and obviously anything physically violent is typically prohibited. That applies regardless of what opinion you're voicing though; Someone voicing a "pro-life" opinion is entitled to exactly the same as someone voicing a "pro-choice" opinion.

Can a "live and let live" person still express their viewpoint that they don't agree with trans surgery for children?
They can but they can still face legitimate challenge and debate on the matter. Again though, that applies regardless of the topic in question or the opinion you voice on it. Depending on your personal position on any given subject, you may well face more and more forceful opposition, but that isn't a restriction to equality or freedom but rather an intended consequence of it.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I was honestly kind of expecting the right to claim it WAS woke because, from all of the promotional material, it looks like Luigi is the one being rescued by Mario and Peach, when it is almost always Peach being rescued by Mario and Luigi in the games.

Just goes to show that critical analysis of media does largely depend on the conclusions you already want to be true.

Kenny

Premium Member
Worse yet is you REFUSE to acknowledge how this is a medical diagnosis amd treatment.
You CANNOT rightly call yourself live and let live if you oppose someone being treated for a medical issue. That doesn't have **** to do with speech. It's nothing more than calling out your misuse of the phrase and wanting to call yourself that while you make it clear you are not and would rather see needless suffering.
Now, do take better care at reading words and refrain from twisting them.

You have to be more clear. You say I shouldn't oppose someone being treated for a medical issue... I just said if you are an adult you can have all the medical treatments you want. Sounds contradictory to me.

So, in reality, it is about free speech. ie. Don't have an opinion about medical issues. So, you are just proving my point IMV

Kenny

Premium Member
Sure, if the "liberal" college invites them to, just as a "liberal" could go and speak at a "conservative" college.

That depends what you mean by "attacked"

I mean... "attacked".

Kenny

Premium Member
Cherry picked responses by the media to project a particular angle.
Hardly "cherry picked". It is too abundant to call it cherry picking. One would have to put their hands on their ears and over their eyes to deny it. IMV