• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Super Mario Bros movie anti-woke?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Substantiate your statement.
Can a conservative go to speak at a liberal progressive college?
Can a pro-life have a stand without being attacked?
Can a "live and let live" person still express their viewpoint that they don't agree with trans surgery for children?

The answer is a resounding "NO".

Because there is no reason or compassion on the progressive side.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That sounds very noble but it practicality it is evidenced that it isn't true. ;)
True fact, few people today realize Progressivism was an actual political movement from about a century ago. They mostly ran as Republicans (such as Theodore Roosevelt), and they were far more mistrustful of amd more eager amd willing to bust up large corporations than today's liberals who like to do nothing more than attach the word to themselves.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Can a conservative go to speak at a liberal progressive college?
Can a pro-life have a stand without being attacked?
Can a "live and let live" person still express their viewpoint that they don't agree with trans surgery for children?

The answer is a resounding "NO".

Because there is no reason or compassion on the progressive side.
I can cherry pick fringe/extreme examples from among the right as well: "What's up with you conservatives burning crosses"?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Saying the movie is "anti-woke" is a trend that happened on Twitter, if I recall. That being said, it doesn't seem very "anti-woke" to me - it has a strong female role in it.
What a ludicrous statement. Being anti-woke does not equate to anti-strong-women.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
How anti-woke does someone have to be to circle back around to being woke again? It feels to me like anti-woke retoric is just another form of social justice

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What a ludicrous statement. Being anti-woke does not equate to anti-strong-women.

Right. And my actual opinion is that the movie can neither be described as "woke" or "anti-woke". I was rather going off the statements of others about the concept that the Mario movie is "anti-woke".

Shadow Wolf

How anti-woke does someone have to be to circle back around to being woke again? It feels to me like anti-woke retoric is just another form of social justice
From my perspective the anti-woke crowd looks more plain ole anti-minority. They downplay and denh the racism of society at large, think they should dictate healthcare, tell women what they can and cannot do, amd so easily offended and butthurt they turnes on free market principles and complain about a 50 year anniversary edition of a classic rock album that has a rainbow on it before it became a queer symbol.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
From my perspective the anti-woke crowd looks more plain ole anti-minority. They downplay and denh the racism of society at large, think they should dictate healthcare, tell women what they can and cannot do, amd so easily offended and butthurt they turnes on free market principles and complain about a 50 year anniversary edition of a classic rock album that has a rainbow on it before it became a queer symbol.
Did you hear about the supposed “answer to bud light” when the chuds cried over a trans woman on some of the cans?
I think it’s called ultra right (not even kidding.) Marketed as the real “anti woke” manly man beer for right leaning proud patriots!
Costs like 35 US dollars for a 6 pack. Which sounds rather expensive if I understand the exchange rate properly.
I’ve heard talk that said beer is also sold by the parent company who owns Bud Light.
I swear you can’t make this stuff up.
I’m running out of popcorn!!

Shadow Wolf

I’ve heard talk that said beer is also sold by the parent company who owns Bud Light.
Haven't heard of that, but that is how corporations do business here. They'll paint rainbows on their crap one month of the year to appease those with the attention span of a gold fish and then turn around and generously donate to anti-LGBT politicians.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Did you hear about the supposed “answer to bud light” when the chuds cried over a trans woman on some of the cans?
I think it’s called ultra right (not even kidding.) Marketed as the real “anti woke” manly man beer for right leaning proud patriots!
Costs like 35 US dollars for a 6 pack. Which sounds rather expensive if I understand the exchange rate properly.
Wait for the punchline... ;)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Haven't heard of that, but that is how corporations do business here. They'll paint rainbows on their crap one month of the year to appease those with the attention span of a gold fish and then turn around and generously donate to anti-LGBT politicians.
Ahh good ol’ capitalism eh?

Shadow Wolf

Ahh good ol’ capitalism eh?
In this situation I see it as sign of poor character and a lack of integrity.
But, then again, Im cynical enough to think maybe KFC intentionally did their Kristallnacht promotion so there's a chance people would just think of them whenever the Holocaust comes up.