• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any reason to reject the science of evolution, other than religious beliefs?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I see -- so before men came along, electricity was impossible? I find that rather surprising, since lightning happens whether we want it to or (often enough) not!

Why not admit you know nothing about science, and spend your time arguing topics about which you do know something?
(Have a good day...)

YoursTrue

Hi, @YoursTrue.

By our best understanding, eukaryotes didn't exist until quite some time after life arose. Current estimates put the origin of life somwhere between 4.1 and 3.5 billion years ago. Eukaryotic cells didn't appear until around 2.2 billion years ago.
that's ok. Scientists really cannot and possibly never will be able to explain the how and why and when.

YoursTrue

Those formed long after abiogenesis.

Here is a mistake that creationists always make. They look at modern life, all of which has a 3.8 billion year history of evolution and think that the earliest life would be similar. It would not be anywhere near as complex. Complexity arose due to competition. When life first formed there was no competition. There was just an empty Earth with many areas where life could exist. All that was needed was a very simple cell that had no defenses. That used the absolute simplest, and probably least efficient ways to generate energy and self reproduce. That was all that was needed. Once the various niches filled then life would begin to compete and more efficient life would be more likely to succeed than less efficient life. That would have been the start of evolution.
"Telomeres, the specific DNA–protein structures found at both ends of each chromosome, protect genome from nucleolytic degradation, unnecessary recombination, repair, and interchromosomal fusion. Telomeres therefore play a vital role in preserving the information in our genome. As a normal cellular process, a small portion of telomeric DNA is lost with each cell division. When telomere length reaches a critical limit, the cell undergoes senescence and/or apoptosis. Telomere length may therefore serve as a biological clock to determine the lifespan of a cell and an organism."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"Telomeres, the specific DNA–protein structures found at both ends of each chromosome, protect genome from nucleolytic degradation, unnecessary recombination, repair, and interchromosomal fusion. Telomeres therefore play a vital role in preserving the information in our genome. As a normal cellular process, a small portion of telomeric DNA is lost with each cell division. When telomere length reaches a critical limit, the cell undergoes senescence and/or apoptosis. Telomere length may therefore serve as a biological clock to determine the lifespan of a cell and an organism."
Okay. So what? You are only posting a fact that no one has denied. That does not help your argument at all.

F1fan

Veteran Member
My failure to understand? You mean my failure to adhere to groupthink.
Groupthink is a social phenomenon where people conform to untrue ideas. The theory of evolution doesn’t apply to. I will add this to the list of things you get wrong.
Exactly. Groupthink. Are you as sure of that as you are that I fail to understand it because I have refused to learn it, in good faith of your indoctrination?
Oh, look at the projection and irony. Notice how you make claims but fail to explain how you are correct.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Because it seems apparent to me that God created life with a purpose.
I can agree that this is a possibility. Here is what you said earlier:
that's ok. Scientists really cannot and possibly never will be able to explain the how and why and when.
In what way does the apparent creation of life with purpose leads you to conclusions like this?

It seems to me that there is nothing inherent in God creating life that rules out scientists explaining the how and why and when.

YoursTrue

I can agree that this is a possibility. Here is what you said earlier:

In what way does the apparent creation of life with purpose leads you to conclusions like this?

It seems to me that there is nothing inherent in God creating life that rules out scientists explaining the how and why and when.
They simply cannot conclusively and distinctly describe the process as it exists or primarily existed with all its twists and turns in what is consideed evolution. They may try, but it certainly is not conclusive.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There are religious believers who are going to be set in their ways & if that means rejecting the science of evolution, then it's probably a lost cause. I don't think there's any point in trying to change their minds, so I'm not interested in that.
I am, however, interested in finding out if there's a reason not based in any way on religious beliefs for rejecting the science of evolution. Is there any other reason?
How about the reason: people wanting to have their ' ears tickled ' ___________________
After all, evolution is promoted with 'religious fervor '
Even though evolution is presented in ' scientific language', so to speak, it can be taught as if it is a secular religion
That is because the teaching of evolution affects how people view God and others
What is evolution's underlying message: You can do what you want and Not be held accountable
Such an evolutionary message ' tickles' people's ears even if they are also involved with a religion

Yerda

Veteran Member
They simply cannot conclusively and distinctly describe the process as it exists or primarily existed with all its twists and turns in what is consideed evolution. They may try, but it certainly is not conclusive.
True. They can only describe the processes where they have reliable models.

Audie

Veteran Member
How about the reason: people wanting to have their ' ears tickled ' ___________________
After all, evolution is promoted with 'religious fervor '
Even though evolution is presented in ' scientific language', so to speak, it can be taught as if it is a secular religion
That is because the teaching of evolution affects how people view God and others
What is evolution's underlying message: You can do what you want and Not be held accountable
Such an evolutionary message ' tickles' people's ears even if they are also involved with a religion
Why don't you just say, " I make up my own reasons, as many as I need."

Do try to make up better ones though.

Audie

Veteran Member
Nothing could ever be conclusive- to you.