• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

isa (as) /jesus(pbuh)

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Don't tell me that you thought Muslims are ALL alike and think on the same way?! i think you are smart enough to know that there are good and bad, educated and ignorants in every religion.
does this mean that everyone who believes differently than you are ignorant, or is it merely this on particular point?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Hey you still have not told me if i adore my dog do i worship it as well.
I don't know, have you ever tried to kill someone because they wanted to name a teddy bear the same name as you call your dog?
Have you demanded that those who draw cartoons of your dog to be put to death?

nawab

this is the most stupidest thing i have ever heard, you try comming in front of me and insult my dog and see what i will do to you.

But yet i dont worship my dog, its just a dog that i adore but its my responsibility to honor myself. In Chinese there is a saying : before you hit the Dog see who the master is. if somebody insults my dog hes indirectly insulting me. how is that worship thats just love for your own property that you like.

I hope this Dog example can get some sense into you, because you have failed in the spiritual aspects so a logical Dog story would be better for you

gnostic

The Lost One
abu khalid said:
i think you are smart enough to know that there are good and bad, educated and ignorants in every religion.
mestemia said:
does this mean that everyone who believes differently than you are ignorant, or is it merely this on particular point?
As Mestemia said, do you expect me to who is educated and who is ignorant?

Can imams or other clerics be some of those ignorant ones?

There are few in Australia, who I considered to be ignorant, or simply hateful toward non-Muslims.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
this is the most stupidest thing i have ever heard, you try comming in front of me and insult my dog and see what i will do to you.

But yet i dont worship my dog, its just a dog that i adore but its my responsibility to honor myself. In Chinese there is a saying : before you hit the Dog see who the master is. if somebody insults my dog hes indirectly insulting me. how is that worship thats just love for your own property that you like.

I hope this Dog example can get some sense into you, because you have failed in the spiritual aspects so a logical Dog story would be better for you
What are you talking about?
If this is in reply to my post, then you are merely furthering my point.
Thank you for that.

gnostic

The Lost One
nawab said:

That's why I thought your dog was not a good example.

Try the examples that I have put forward, then we will see if you idolising a person or an object.

gnostic

The Lost One
nawab said:
no they are just over sensitive by the stupidity of the non-muslims
You're generalising.

You don't know what going on in Australia and you don't know what some of these imams have said, so how can you say that it is simply a matter of the "stupidity of non-Muslims"?

As Abu Khalid said, there are educated and ignorant Muslims, good and bad Muslims. So just to assume these imams are right and non-Muslims are wrong, just because the few are Muslims, is just plain ignorant and biased on your part.

nawab

I dont think its a bad example, just you couldnt refute it thats the problem, or if Dog is really that bad lets try cats

nawab

now arent you generalising, Whats the purpose of bring this up for, the topic is not Islamic clerics voilence or whatever, the topic is about Jesus in Islam and Christianity. we are technically not suppose to talk about Christians or Islam and yeah atheists

gnostic

The Lost One
If you read my previous post, I thought it was bad example, that you should try the scenario that I have given.

gnostic said:
Is your reverence to your Qur'an is excessive? If someone was to deliberately damage your copy of your Qur'an, would you hit or kill them in revenge? If your house was on fire, would you save the Qur'an first, or your hypothetical unconscious wife?

(Hypothetical, since I don't know your marriage status.)

If yes, to any question, then you're treating your Qur'an like an idol?

Or let say that someone mock your prophet? How far will you go? I mean in term of action? Would you resort to physical violence?

That's the sort of thing, when I mean worship.

nawab

well that does not only implies to Muhammad PBUH it also implies to Jesus or any other prophets if anyone mock them we will be against it

gnostic

The Lost One
nawab said:
now arent you generalising, Whats the purpose of bring this up for, the topic is not Islamic clerics voilence or whatever, the topic is about Jesus in Islam and Christianity. we are technically not suppose to talk about Christians or Islam and yeah atheists
I thought abu khalid quotes about Muhammad sounded like Muhammad elevating himself to the point of putting himself above all prophets, esp. with this "Last Prophet" business. From that point on we got really sidetracked.

I would admit that I was responsible for getting us sidetracked; when you join in, it didn't help the situation.

So I'm sorry for getting us sidetracked.:sorry1:

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I was talking in general and i wasn't referring to any point in particular. I believe that i was clear enough in that post and i don't need to repeat myself. All what you have to do is to read it again, that's all.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As Mestemia said, do you expect me to who is educated and who is ignorant?

Can imams or other clerics be some of those ignorant ones?

There are few in Australia, who I considered to be ignorant, or simply hateful toward non-Muslims.

Absolutely, many imams have gone so far and they didn't only been ignorant, but they also misguided many simple faithful Muslims with them. It's sad, but this is the truth, and it happen everywhere and in every religion.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I was talking in general and i wasn't referring to any point in particular. I believe that i was clear enough in that post and i don't need to repeat myself. All what you have to do is to read it again, that's all.
Reading the post again did not provide any answer to the question you have not answered.

maro

muslimah
ayani said:
give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's" and "My kingdom is not of this world "
i think it's not a bad idea to read this
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/islam/50965-religion-should-stay-away.html?highlight=religion

I don't think your adoration for your dog is excessive or blind enough, so no.

Is our love to prophet Muhamad (PBUH) excessive ? yes it's , wether you like it or not
does that mean we get hurt when he is insulted ? yes ,we do
does that mean we have the right to express that in a violent way ? certainly not ,because this is against what he has teached us..
are there some ignorant who still express their feeling violently ? yes ,there are , and Islam is not responsible for that , because we don't judge Islam by people , but we judge the people by Islam , and even if you are going to judge Islam by people , why always focusing on the bad examples and ignoring the good ones :rolleyes:
Is our love to prophet Muhhamad (pbuh) blind ? certainly not , how can it be blind when we know every tiny detail of his life ,
i challege anyone to bring any other human being whose life is recorded with its tiny details like our prophet (pbuh) ,
Even jesus (PBUH),with all our love and respect to him , the only known period of his life from the bibles is three years ,no more ( from 30 to 33 ) , and only the wide lines are mentioned ,not the tiny details...