• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam: Ask your questions

fatima_bintu_islam

You're more than welcome :)

There is such depth to Islam, I feel I am just scraping the surface. :)

Even the surface is great :) , and when you find that out, it will take you instantly to depth.
Islam is based on very deep, simple for the heart and mind knowledge, and scholars are the most beloved persons to Allah azza wajjal ; therefore one should spend his time learning more and more about his religion.

I hope you enjoy your holiday. Please do not use the time to find articles, God willing the answers will come from my own efforts also.

The time spent in the help of others is the most valuable time in ones life, especially if you're helping them finding the truth :)

The whole trouble is on the connection problem, not the time. May Allah azza wajjal make your research easy and valuable, ameen.

I am happy if you don't mind answering my few questions now and then :eek:

Its a pleasure for me, and Im sure its a pleasure for my dear sister Peace also.

Enjoy your break!

Thank you very much, hope you'll have a break soon too :)

Best regards

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Im sure its a pleasure for my dear sister Peace also.

Without doubt :)

Onkarah said:
Could I be saving you and Peace time in typing by reading something specific which captures the types of questions I am asking? I have been reading the Qu'ran but these answers don't come so naturally to my eye, it seems.

You are always welcome Onkarah :) Carry on reading the Quran and things will become much apparent and clearer as you read. And whenever you have a question in mind don't hesitate to ask your Muslim friends who will do their best to answer your questions God willing!

Peace

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
2.5 minutes/day.....that's why when you start laughing ,you better have a stop watch with you :cool:

yeah..and all comedians must be stoned to death ,as well :yes:
Hi Maro

Just curious what should the other 23hr 57.5 mins be assigned to?

Cheers

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Yes. When I said men and women are equal I meant equal in all respects. I thought that was obvious.

Regards.
Well you're never sure what people mean. So men and women should have the same rights to divorce, the same rights with regard to their children, the same right to testify, sit as a judge or on a jury?

If yes--do other Muslims here agree with A-Man that is Islamic?

sukhi

It has been proven counterwise by doctors that laugher is the best medicine. We have old people here who laugh forcefully to clear their lungs , reduces heart problems and releases good chemicals in the brain to provide a spiritual high and sense of well being.

I dont know of a reason scientific or cultural that a person should not laugh a lot.

Prasoon Dixit, Vedic Dharmi,
Reestablishing righteousness on earth.

Cypress

Dragon Mom
Is it true that in Mecca women do not veil themselves?
I remember to have heared that somewhere, reason was (I believe) that in Mecca all people are like brothers & sisters, so veiling is not required as you do not cover your face when you are amongst your own family.

A-ManESL

Well you're never sure what people mean. So men and women should have the same rights to divorce, the same rights with regard to their children, the same right to testify, sit as a judge or on a jury?

Yes, they do, provided it is de-facto treating them with equality. Sometimes, for example like in the case of an new born baby, a mother has to be given preference over the father etc in granting custody, other factors not being considerable. That is not really inequality. In reality, it is de-facto equality, as the mother might have had to face a lot of hardship in having the baby and getting separated from him might cause her pain due to a maternal bond, a corresponding paternal bond, the father might not experience to such a degree. Also it is in the baby's best interest that his mother is with him, rather then some other women.

So it is to correct a previously existing unequal position that this apparent inequality but de-facto equality is being asked for.

Regards.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Laughter is a positive feeling that can contribute to a humans wellbeing, provided it is not causing breathing or cardiac difficulties. We are such simple animals.

Cheers

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Does that mean that you, as a Muslim, advocate female legal equality?

i do.

Yes. When I said men and women are equal I meant equal in all respects. I thought that was obvious.

Regards.

i thought so too.

YES. :)

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it true that in Mecca women do not veil themselves?
I remember to have heared that somewhere, reason was (I believe) that in Mecca all people are like brothers & sisters, so veiling is not required as you do not cover your face when you are amongst your own family.

As far as i know yeah, they don't cover their faces. However covering your face is never required, its called sunnah. Its not like hijab. Women are not required by the Quran to cover their faces. Sunnah means something thats up to wether or not you want to do it, its not a requirement at all.

Boethiah

Penguin
I am very much interested in learning more about Islam, so I thought that I should give reading the Qur'an a go. Islam has always been a religion that has interested me and I am finally going to set aside some time to studying it. I have two questions:

1. Are there guidelines that should be followed when purchasing one?

2. Besides reading the Qur'an, what would be other effective ways to learn about Islam? (additional texts, etc.)

Thank you. :)

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am very much interested in learning more about Islam, so I thought that I should give reading the Qur'an a go. Islam has always been a religion that has interested me and I am finally going to set aside some time to studying it. I have two questions:

2. Besides reading the Qur'an, what would be other effective ways to learn about Islam? (additional texts, etc.)

Thats a nice thing to hear. I would recommend (if possible) to purchase more than one translation. Or to read other translations through the internet so you wouldn't limit yourself to one. That is of course assuming you can't speak arabic.

Other texts would be Hadiths mainly. If you want to, and have the time.

A-ManESL

I have found that for westerners (or people with non-Muslim background who are reading the Quran for the first time) this translation is quite good. It is The Koran interpreted by Arberry.

I would also recommend that you purchase a good book on Islam such as Ideals and Realities of Islam by Syed Hossein Nasr.

Regards.