• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how many more will suffer????

shema

well I dont claim wisdom. Although I pray that God give me wisdom. And I don't claim to know everything. compared to God I know nothing. however I do have a full understanding of the abrahamic books. and their purpose. I just like to know other peoples opinions about certain topics, so that I may gain a full understanding on Gods creation...man. "I've found in life that those who claim wisdom are usually ill-informed and those who claim piety are often profane" if these are your findings, it is very sad because if you claim wisdom, you wont have it and if you dont claim wisdom, you still dont have it...so its like you are stuck between a rock and a very hard place. I guess you can say that you are blessed to have me on the forum. But I am also blessed to have you on the forum. who else would I talk to? I dont think that Im better than anyone, but we are both better than what we used to be. The bible teaches that ye ought not think more highly of yourself than what you ought to. but that doesnt mean not to think highly of yourself. I may not know any answers off the top of my head but I can give you scripture as to where to find it on all three books.

shema said:
well I dont claim wisdom. Although I pray that God give me wisdom. And I don't claim to know everything. compared to God I know nothing. however I do have a full understanding of the abrahamic books. and their purpose. I just like to know other peoples opinions about certain topics, so that I may gain a full understanding on Gods creation...man. "I've found in life that those who claim wisdom are usually ill-informed and those who claim piety are often profane" if these are your findings, it is very sad because if you claim wisdom, you wont have it and if you dont claim wisdom, you still dont have it...so its like you are stuck between a rock and a very hard place. I guess you can say that you are blessed to have me on the forum. But I am also blessed to have you on the forum. who else would I talk to? I dont think that Im better than anyone, but we are both better than what we used to be. The bible teaches that ye ought not think more highly of yourself than what you ought to. but that doesnt mean not to think highly of yourself. I may not know any answers off the top of my head but I can give you scripture as to where to find it on all three books.
Shema, you are obviously very devoted, and I respect that. If you are on a quest for knowledge, I'll walk with you. If you seek truth, I'll be your companion. But if you try to convert, I will cast you into my ignore list for eternity. Peace. Now, where were we?

Smoke

Done here.
shema said:
however I do have a full understanding of the abrahamic books. and their purpose.
Well, that's very impressive. That's something nobody else on earth has ever had. You'll have to understand that I'm extremely skeptical about your claim.

shema

Ibrahim Al-Amin said:
Shema, you are obviously very devoted, and I respect that. If you are on a quest for knowledge, I'll walk with you. If you seek truth, I'll be your companion. But if you try to convert, I will cast you into my ignore list for eternity. Peace. Now, where were we?
peace

shema

MidnightBlue said:
Well, that's very impressive. That's something nobody else on earth has ever had. You'll have to understand that I'm extremely skeptical about your claim.
i know.. its ok

:mad: But We Have Seem To Forgotten Hinduism, We Do Not Force Our Beliefs On Others Such As The Islamic Faith And Christianity, And We Are A Old Faith Before Islam And Christianity As Well, So The Leaders Of Your Repective Faith's Should Take A Page Out Of Our Book And Learn Something.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Moses the God Archetype* said:
:mad: But We Have Seem To Forgotten Hinduism, We Do Not Force Our Beliefs On Others Such As The Islamic Faith And Christianity, And We Are A Old Faith Before Islam And Christianity As Well, So The Leaders Of Your Repective Faith's Should Take A Page Out Of Our Book And Learn Something.

Hinduism is the only successful "pagan"/"ancient" religion. It is the oldest practiced religion, with a beautiful history. People should take a look at Hinduism - they could learn a lot.

shema

I have to admit I know absolutely nothing of the hindu faith. I know it has something to do with cows, and a woman with six arms. does anyone have any Hindu sites?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes it does matter, for we preach of peace and live by it as a collective.:tsk:
ya ya sure, only Hinduism is peaceful and the others are evil .. :D

MdmSzdWhtGuy

I would'nt call it pagan beloved.:p
Maybe not, but it would definately qualify as "ancient" and Darkdale pointed out that Hinduism was the most successful of the "pagan"/"ancient" religions, meaning, to this reader, either pagan/or ancient, or both.

B.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
The Truth said:
ya ya sure, only Hinduism is peaceful and the others are evil .. :D
aren't we a bit off topic, which is Islam, not hindusim?

Anyway. I don't think any religion is *evil*. A large part (perhaps all) of morality is subjective, based on society, culture, your environment, the way you were raised and such.
Evil is just what YOU think it is. The whole thing may have some parts which you may disagree with it, but in essense, nothing is ever good or evil.

Religion is a tool, a different path towards a somewhat familiar goal = happiness/freedom.

Personally, I prefer religions which aren't as organized and allow for growth through individuality and personality, not community... I don't prefer religions like catholocism or Islam which are rigid and expect you to believe in EVERYTHING it says. I don't think I can allow such details to mask the over all spiritual significance.

Judgement Day

Ardhanariswar said:
I don't prefer religions like catholocism or Islam which are rigid and expect you to believe in EVERYTHING it says.
Depends on how you define rigid. On the contrary, Islam is a very flexible religion despite all its rules.
The trust you gain upon a certain religion depends on how deep you know and understand about the truth of the religion. The true religion is the religion of the true God. Even if you have to question it, you will arrive at a state where you will gain understanding. Anyway, why would you not trust in God sayings, for God knows all.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
Judgement Day said:
Depends on how you define rigid. On the contrary, Islam is a very flexible religion despite all its rules.

The trust you gain upon a certain religion depends on how deep you know and understand about the truth of the religion. The true religion is the religion of the true God. Even if you have to question it, you will arrive at a state where you will gain understanding. Anyway, why would you not trust in God sayings, for God knows all.
True true (to your first statement). I suppose all religions have different levels of rigidity.

I don't think the *True* God has one *True* religion. You're saying this as if its real, the truth, but its just you're perception. Whatever floats your boat. I can't see it that way. I cannot put my faith on the musings of another human to understand the complexities of God. I prefer to accept it on my own. Religion is just a path. I believe organized religion is for the weak.

Here's what I think. If God wanted me to know something, I would know. I do not need the writings of some old guy from the BC era to tell me how to live my life. Scripture is not bad, of course. Its the spiritual significance that one gleans from it that should matter, not the pointless laws forbidding shaving or homosexuality or stuff like that.

sky87

^ pointless laws? islam has no "pointless" laws! for example: homosexuality is forbidden, because ALLAH has created pairs of everything (there is a verse in the qur'an relating to this) therefore the man and woman are a pair, man and man don't go together, these are natural laws set down by god. and it is pretty self explanotory, without the pairing of man and woman mankind would seize to exist! hence its not a "pointless" law

ayani

sky87 said:
^ pointless laws? islam has no "pointless" laws! for example: homosexuality is forbidden, because ALLAH has created pairs of everything.
what about pairs of dudes who love eachother very much? :)

sky87

^ i should have clarified what i meant by "pairs", pairs meaning things that go together, and these are "natural" laws