• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have a question about Islam. I wish to understand why Islam believes it is the true religion as you have stated in your posts? I have talked with Christians who believe that, Jews who believe that, and as being from none of those religions you can understand why I have a hard time believing any of these religions can be the true religion. Do you understand what I mean. With the thousands of religious beliefs in the world, is it not naive to believe that only Islam got it right? I mean, why would Allah or God limit humanity to one belief system? He/she cannot be defined so when one religion says they are the true religion, that makes me think Islam has defined God. What do you think of that?

Muslims don't believe they are the ONLY people who got it right. Allah has guided so many nations before but ALL these messages were to specific people, in specific times, then when people went astray Allah sent Mohammed with one last universal message to correct some of the teachings and renew their messages.

challupa

Muslims don't believe they are the ONLY people who got it right. Allah has guided so many nations before but ALL these messages were to specific people, in specific times, then when people went astray Allah sent Mohammed with one last universal message to correct some of the teachings and renew their messages.

Thank you for your answer. I agree that there have been many messages to many cultures over thousands of years. What is your understanding of why Mohammed would be the last message? Does Islam allow for the possibility that God will once again try to send an updated, once again corrected teaching for our ever changing world? Do they have an explanation why God would all of a sudden after centuries of communicating, become silent to communicate no more? These are questions that have puzzled me not only for the Islamic faith, but also other's that do not believe in updates. I would think Islam should understand this only too well as their prophet was never recognized by Judaism or Christianity as being authentic. I think once again people of all religions have "gone astray". Maybe it's time for that update. What do you think?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Thank you for your answer. I agree that there have been many messages to many cultures over thousands of years. What is your understanding of why Mohammed would be the last message? Does Islam allow for the possibility that God will once again try to send an updated, once again corrected teaching for our ever changing world? Do they have an explanation why God would all of a sudden after centuries of communicating, become silent to communicate no more? These are questions that have puzzled me not only for the Islamic faith, but also other's that do not believe in updates. I would think Islam should understand this only too well as their prophet was never recognized by Judaism or Christianity as being authentic. I think once again people of all religions have "gone astray". Maybe it's time for that update. What do you think?

That's why I like the Baha'i faith. Because the update happened in the mid-1800s, with a man titled Baha'u'llah, who according to the faith, is the prophesied Second Coming, who delivered an updated message. Part of this message was that every 1000 years, God would send a new messenger.

GURSIKH

chardi kla
That's why I like the Baha'i faith. Because the update happened in the mid-1800s, with a man titled Baha'u'llah, who according to the faith, is the prophesied Second Coming, who delivered an updated message. Part of this message was that every 1000 years, God would send a new messenger.

its not fair to say GOD send messenger after 1000 years

GURU NANAK SAYS

ਅਮੁਲੋ ਅਮੁਲੁ ਆਖਿਆ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥
Priceless, O Priceless beyond expression!

ਆਖਿ ਆਖਿ ਰਹੇ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ ॥
Speak of Him continually, and remain absorbed in His Love.

ਆਖਹਿ ਵੇਦ ਪਾਠ ਪੁਰਾਣ ॥
The Vedas and the Puraanas speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਪੜੇ ਕਰਹਿ ਵਖਿਆਣ ॥
The scholars speak and lecture.

ਆਖਹਿ ਬਰਮੇ ਆਖਹਿ ਇੰਦ ॥
Brahma speaks, Indra speaks.

ਆਖਹਿ ਗੋਪੀ ਤੈ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ॥
The Gopis and Krishna speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਈਸਰ ਆਖਹਿ ਸਿਧ ॥
Shiva speaks, the Siddhas speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੀਤੇ ਬੁਧ ॥
The many created Buddhas speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਦਾਨਵ ਆਖਹਿ ਦੇਵ ॥
The demons speak, the demi-gods speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਸੁਰਿ ਨਰ ਮੁਨਿ ਜਨ ਸੇਵ ॥
The spiritual warriors, the heavenly beings, the silent sages, the humble and serviceful speak.

ਕੇਤੇ ਆਖਹਿ ਆਖਣਿ ਪਾਹਿ ॥
Many speak and try to describe Him.

ਕੇਤੇ ਕਹਿ ਕਹਿ ਉਠਿ ਉਠਿ ਜਾਹਿ ॥
Many have spoken of Him over and over again, and have then arisen and departed.

ਏਤੇ ਕੀਤੇ ਹੋਰਿ ਕਰੇਹਿ ॥
If He were to create as many again as there already are,

ਤਾ ਆਖਿ ਨ ਸਕਹਿ ਕੇਈ ਕੇਇ ॥
even then, they could not describe Him.

ਜੇਵਡੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤੇਵਡੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
He is as Great as He wishes to be.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਾਣੈ ਸਾਚਾ ਸੋਇ ॥
O Nanak, the True Lord knows.

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਆਖੈ ਬੋਲੁਵਿਗਾੜੁ ॥
If anyone presumes to describe God,

ਤਾ ਲਿਖੀਐ ਸਿਰਿ ਗਾਵਾਰਾ ਗਾਵਾਰੁ ॥੨੬॥
he shall be known as the greatest fool of fools! ||26

THANX

Riverwolf

Premium Member
its not fair to say GOD send messenger after 1000 years

GURU NANAK SAYS

ਅਮੁਲੋ ਅਮੁਲੁ ਆਖਿਆ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥
Priceless, O Priceless beyond expression!

ਆਖਿ ਆਖਿ ਰਹੇ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ ॥
Speak of Him continually, and remain absorbed in His Love.

ਆਖਹਿ ਵੇਦ ਪਾਠ ਪੁਰਾਣ ॥
The Vedas and the Puraanas speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਪੜੇ ਕਰਹਿ ਵਖਿਆਣ ॥
The scholars speak and lecture.

ਆਖਹਿ ਬਰਮੇ ਆਖਹਿ ਇੰਦ ॥
Brahma speaks, Indra speaks.

ਆਖਹਿ ਗੋਪੀ ਤੈ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ॥
The Gopis and Krishna speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਈਸਰ ਆਖਹਿ ਸਿਧ ॥
Shiva speaks, the Siddhas speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੀਤੇ ਬੁਧ ॥
The many created Buddhas speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਦਾਨਵ ਆਖਹਿ ਦੇਵ ॥
The demons speak, the demi-gods speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਸੁਰਿ ਨਰ ਮੁਨਿ ਜਨ ਸੇਵ ॥
The spiritual warriors, the heavenly beings, the silent sages, the humble and serviceful speak.

ਕੇਤੇ ਆਖਹਿ ਆਖਣਿ ਪਾਹਿ ॥
Many speak and try to describe Him.

ਕੇਤੇ ਕਹਿ ਕਹਿ ਉਠਿ ਉਠਿ ਜਾਹਿ ॥
Many have spoken of Him over and over again, and have then arisen and departed.

ਏਤੇ ਕੀਤੇ ਹੋਰਿ ਕਰੇਹਿ ॥
If He were to create as many again as there already are,

ਤਾ ਆਖਿ ਨ ਸਕਹਿ ਕੇਈ ਕੇਇ ॥
even then, they could not describe Him.

ਜੇਵਡੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤੇਵਡੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
He is as Great as He wishes to be.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਾਣੈ ਸਾਚਾ ਸੋਇ ॥
O Nanak, the True Lord knows.

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਆਖੈ ਬੋਲੁਵਿਗਾੜੁ ॥
If anyone presumes to describe God,

ਤਾ ਲਿਖੀਐ ਸਿਰਿ ਗਾਵਾਰਾ ਗਾਵਾਰੁ ॥੨੬॥
he shall be known as the greatest fool of fools! ||26

THANX

Hey, I never said the Baha'i beliefs to be "true"! Calm down. I personally believe that the 1000 year thing to be untrue, but that it is a step up from thinking that one's own revelation is the final one.

I don't know much about Sikhism, to tell you the truth.

Sententia

I never heard of this, could somebody message it to me, please?

Sure...

The Frog in the Shallow Well said:
Once a frog that lived in a well bragged to a turtle that lived in the Sea.
"I am so happy!" cried the frog, "When I go out, I jump about on the railing around the edge of the well.

When I come home, I rest in the holes inside the wall of the well.
If I jump into the water, it comes all the way up to my armpits and I can float on my belly.

If I walk in the mud, it covers up my flippered feet.

I look around at the wriggly worms, crabs, and tadpoles, and none of them can compare with me.

I am lord of this well and I stand tall here. My happiness is great.

My dear sir, why don't you come more often and look around my place?"
Before the turtle from the Sea could get its left foot in the well, its right knee got stuck. It hesitated and retreated. The turtle told the frog about the Sea.

"Even a distance of a thousand miles cannot give you an idea of the sea's width; even a height of a thousand meters cannot give you an idea of its depth.
In the time of the great floods, the waters in the sea did not increase. During the terrible droughts, the waters in the sea did not decrease.

The sea does not change along with the passage of time and its level does not rise or fall according to the amount of rain that falls. The greatest happiness is to live in the Sea."

After listening to these words, the frog of the shallow well was shocked into realization of his own insignificance and became very ill at ease.

Renji

Eselam, I don't have enough knowledge with Islam. All I know is that Muslims worship Allah as Christians worship Jesus,stuff like Ramadan, E'id il fit'r,the Kaaba, Mosque ,etc,etc. Muslims are good people to hang out with. I've a lot of Muslim friends in the place where I live before and they're pretty good in friendship,cooking (miss those foods that they serve and defending their doctrine.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Some might think it's naive and even selfish to claim that there have been previous messages but Islam is the last one and no other religion will ever be accepted other than Islam. I fully understand that and it's a fair point of view which i highly respect, but from an islamic point of view, we believe that God only was sending out messengers to the world when they need them. That is not to say that God can ONLY speak through those messengers. God speaks to all of us but he used to send messengers to put the foundations of true faith and the divine laws on earth and how to practice. Allah said in the Quran that he always will be there. That all what we have to do to communicate with him is to call him, and he will answer.

Some people fall to a false belief which is that, if there is God, he wouldn't allow evil people to live amongst us, or he wouldn't let those whom we love to die, etc, but that's another issue which i can elaborate on if you want.

Going back to your question, i believe from my own understanding--because i'm not a scholar--that God is always there and he sent prophet Mohammed with one lasting universal modern unique message which can grow and be updated with time without the need for dramatical changes like sending new prophets with totally new laws.

And there is no contradiction, because humanity in the past needed separate kind of laws, that's why God was sending out messengers to different nations even at the same period, but with the last Prophet, Mohammed, it was different, he was the last prophet because humanity was going through a new age, an age of unity, the age of modern humanity where all of us feel as if we are living at the same place.

I don't think it was going to work in the past, but it does with the last phase in human existance on earth. We are near the last days, but who knows, compared to the age of earth, this life might end after decades and maybe hundereds of years, who knows.

I'm not sure if i gave you te answer you are looking for, but if i didn't please do ask, and i'll try to answer you or even elaborate.

EDIT: regarding Mohammed not being accepted by many Jews and Christians, it always have been this way. The same with Jesus Christ when he wasn't accepted by the Jews. Nevertheless, many Jews and Christians accepted Mohammed in his life time and even after him, not to mention the thousands and maybe millions of people who convert from Judaism and Christianity to Islam these days.

Glad talking to you.

Peace and blessing,
Tashan :)

Last edited:

challupa

Some might think it's naive and even selfish to claim that there have been previous messages but Islam is the last one and no other religion will ever be accepted other than Islam. I fully understand that and it's a fair point of view which i highly respect, but from an islamic point of view, we believe that God only was sending out messengers to the world when they need them. That is not to say that God can ONLY speak through those messengers. God speaks to all of us but he used to send messengers to put the foundations of true faith and the divine laws on earth and how to practice. Allah said in the Quran that he always will be there. That all what we have to do to communicate with him is to call him, and he will answer.

Some people fall to a false belief which is that, if there is God, he wouldn't allow evil people to live amongst us, or he wouldn't let those whom we love to die, etc, but that's another issue which i can elaborate on if you want.

Going back to your question, i believe from my own understanding--because i'm not a scholar--that God is always there and he sent prophet Mohammed with one lasting universal modern unique message which can grow and be updated with time without the need for dramatical changes like sending new prophets with totally new laws.

And there is no contradiction, because humanity in the past needed separate kind of laws, that's why God was sending out messengers to different nations even at the same period, but with the last Prophet, Mohammed, it was different, he was the last prophet because humanity was going through a new age, an age of unity, the age of modern humanity where all of us feel as if we are living at the same place.

I don't think it was going to work in the past, but it does with the last phase in human existance on earth. We are near the last days, but who knows, compared to the age of earth, this life might end after decades and maybe hundereds of years, who knows.

I'm not sure if i gave you te answer you are looking for, but if i didn't please do ask, and i'll try to answer you or even elaborate.

EDIT: regarding Mohammed not being accepted by many Jews and Christians, it always have been this way. The same with Jesus Christ when he wasn't accepted by the Jews. Nevertheless, many Jews and Christians accepted Mohammed in his life time and even after him, not to mention the thousands and maybe millions of people who convert from Judaism and Christianity to Islam these days.

Glad talking to you.

Peace and blessing,
Tashan :)
Thank you. I don't really have too many more questions. I realize that Islam is not just the unrest and fear we see in the suicide bombers and other terrorist groups. I have not met many of your faith but I have read books written by those trying to explain how many Muslims feel about what is happening. As usual there are two sides to the story. I wish with all my heart that we could live side by side and not fight and kill over our beliefs. I respect all belief systems. The only time I feel something needs to be changed is when it harms others. It may be time for letting go of the negative teachings we have got from our religions and embracing the good ones that contribute to the good of all humankind. So thank you for answering my questions. I still believe we need a new way of doing things and not be afraid to change. God imo cannot be put in a box and I do not believe he wants killing done in his name. I would so much like to see that side of religion end. All religions need to step away from this endless cycle of persecution and spend more time bridging differences and healing. Knowledge and understanding of each other and a willingness to forgive can go a long way towards making this happen. Sorry I'm rambling, I just so wish the strife could end...

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Thank you. I don't really have too many more questions. I realize that Islam is not just the unrest and fear we see in the suicide bombers and other terrorist groups. I have not met many of your faith but I have read books written by those trying to explain how many Muslims feel about what is happening. As usual there are two sides to the story. I wish with all my heart that we could live side by side and not fight and kill over our beliefs. I respect all belief systems. The only time I feel something needs to be changed is when it harms others. It may be time for letting go of the negative teachings we have got from our religions and embracing the good ones that contribute to the good of all humankind. So thank you for answering my questions. I still believe we need a new way of doing things and not be afraid to change. God imo cannot be put in a box and I do not believe he wants killing done in his name. I would so much like to see that side of religion end. All religions need to step away from this endless cycle of persecution and spend more time bridging differences and healing. Knowledge and understanding of each other and a willingness to forgive can go a long way towards making this happen. Sorry I'm rambling, I just so wish the strife could end...

The Wiccan Creed is: "At harm none, do as you will."

pharon85

hi every one
i take along time to read all the 34 pages
i see the main goal for that topic is changed
i have seen some questions with no answer
i think may i know some answers
about evaluation moslems belive that god created us like that
so it is easy we are like that
people who think we came from apes i hope they gave us a proof from science
they talk about the DNA test and the 92% which is true but that wasn't the last research
According to the Human Genome Sequencing Center at Baylor College of Medicin in Houston
they made a research and the result was (The study shows the richness and texture of these differences we have with our close neighbors in the evolutionary tree,(This study) provides a valuable starting point from which to improve our understanding of what makes human beings unique," said Dr. David Cox, Perlegen's chief scientific officer and co-author of the study, in a statement.)
try to renew your information and check about that
Moslems also belive that every one is born as a moslem and some one here asked to prove that
lets define the word moslem here ,it mean here people who belive that god is one
so moslems here mean every one is born beliving that god is one
so i have a question how the one became christian ?
the answer is he is taken to church and Christening process made for him
the time since he was born until they do that he is a moslem belive that god is one
i hpe to hear question about islam soon
regards

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Eselam, I don't have enough knowledge with Islam. All I know is that Muslims worship Allah as Christians worship Jesus,stuff like Ramadan, E'id il fit'r,the Kaaba, Mosque ,etc,etc. Muslims are good people to hang out with. I've a lot of Muslim friends in the place where I live before and they're pretty good in friendship,cooking (miss those foods that they serve and defending their doctrine.

i'm really glad to hear that Lawrence, you know Allah has said that even if a non muslim hangs out with muslims, his sins will also be wiped out just as the sins of the muslims have been wiped when they were together.
i'm really happy to know that, about you.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
In one thread you spoke about people becoming less smart.

yes thats my persepctive, as a human, not from an muslim perspecive, just to be clear.

Here in this one you said (i quoted it already before):

I took that as a statement meaning that people should do research and learn by books in order to understand what is right and what is wrong. And i think you mean that people ought to read islamic books to understand islam and see the truth, is that correct ?

yes that is correct, if you want to know something read books about it, wether it is science or religion, don't take the word of people who have no knowledge on a topic or an issue, (don't ask a scientist for religion and vise versa, sort of thing)

So i asked you what books you have read so far. Now you listed a few, none of which are nonislamic. Is this correct as well ?

yes,

PS: The evolutin deceit is by Harun Yayha. Not really a serious book (or man) to read.

the evolution deceit has been written by harun yahya, but it is the statements of western scientists that he has used to prove the theory wrong, he hasn't done it from the top of his head, so it is the people who made it up that have proved it wrong, hes has added islamic information in that book, yes, but the theory of evolution is proven wrong by non islamic perspectives. thats why i beleive it

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I have a question about Islam. I wish to understand why Islam believes it is the true religion as you have stated in your posts? I have talked with Christians who believe that, Jews who believe that, and as being from none of those religions you can understand why I have a hard time believing any of these religions can be the true religion. Do you understand what I mean. With the thousands of religious beliefs in the world, is it not naive to believe that only Islam got it right? I mean, why would Allah or God limit humanity to one belief system? He/she cannot be defined so when one religion says they are the true religion, that makes me think Islam has defined God. What do you think of that?

i think this has been answered in a very good way, but i will add somethink, ok.

the jewish, christian and islamc faiths are from one god, Allah.
but there is a great difference between them, all the prophets that came before Muhammed (saws) were for a particular tribe, or people. ie, the romans are a particular tribe, so if a prophet came to them he would only be calling romans to the religion.
so what i'm saying is that, Moses (as) came only to the jews of today (or the Benee Israeel, as known during their time) thats why the only people who are jews are the people from Israel, mainly, they are all related to one another, i do no know if they allow othet people or races to join judaism though. so in conclussion, judais is or should i say was a true religion from Allah from the time when Moses (sas) was a prophet untill anther prophet was chosen.

the same with christianity, but there is a difference in it from judaism, there were only a hand full of people that beleived Jesus(as) as a messenger from Allah, then after Allah raised him up, people such as John the baptist, etc. who never even saw Jesus (as) started to write about him, and tell people this is his message. again Jesus was only for his people not the whole world. and again the message that Jesus (as) came with was from Allah, but it to got changed along the way just as judaism.

then we come to islam, as it is know today, Muhammed (saws) is a prophet sent to humanty, thats why he is elevated above all other prophets, the other most elevated prophets are Noah, Moses, Jesus, and Abraham. they are elevated above all prophets. now in the kur'an you will see similarities that are mentioned in the bible and the torah. thats because they are all from Allah. muhammed (saws) verified that jesus and the other prophets were before him, by the knowledge that Allah gave him. he could have not known about all the prophets, he could not have known about medicine, science, the universe, the life cycle, the laws that woud bring good to humanity, etc, just by reading the bible and torah, as some people on RF claim, they too can read the three books (bible, kur'an, torah) if they wish and come up with a book that is simmilar and yet different to the three of them, this is a challenge made by Allah to all non muslim "make a chapter like that of the Kur'an, and make it as devine as mine" but no one can.

all the ther religions that claim to be the only true religion are true, but during their time, they have been uptadet, by the know known Islam, religion.

i don't know if this helps, but i hope it does make you understand why the three religions claim to be the only true religion

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Hmmm, can I see these cold hard facts then, please?
It would be very helpful to my spiritual search if I could get some cold hard facts that Islam is the only true religion.

i would be glad to tell you of it, but you will just laugh in my face, i don't minde it but you have to understand it, no one can force inforamtion into your head, did anyone do that to you when you accepted christianity? you read about it then you realised that it was not as good as you though it shoud be, it is not the path that leads to god, so know try other religions and see if they are the paths to god, i would love to help you if you are t be a muslim, but it is Allah who makes one a muslim not me, no matter what i say to you if he doesn't soften your heart and make my arguments likened within you them there is nothing that i can do.

heres some of the facts for you, people say that muhammed read the torah and the bible and formed the Kur'an (he was illiterate by the way), so if he or anyone else was able to do that 1400 years ago i'm sure someone else can read all three books and come up with a more devine book than all 3, don't you agree?

second of all how did muhammed (saws) know about the human embryo, the formation of a child in the woumb of the mother, the form of the clouds and their structure when they prepare to release rain to earth, etc. if you think that he got that knowledge from the bible and torah, the i challange you or anyone else to read these 2 holy scriptures and tell me about the formation of the clouds, the formation of the child, the roots of the mountans, etc. then i will do as you say.

thats just a smal fraction of what i consider cold hard facts that islam is the true religion, there are many more.

challupa

i think this has been answered in a very good way, but i will add somethink, ok.

the jewish, christian and islamc faiths are from one god, Allah.
but there is a great difference between them, all the prophets that came before Muhammed (saws) were for a particular tribe, or people. ie, the romans are a particular tribe, so if a prophet came to them he would only be calling romans to the religion.
so what i'm saying is that, Moses (as) came only to the jews of today (or the Benee Israeel, as known during their time) thats why the only people who are jews are the people from Israel, mainly, they are all related to one another, i do no know if they allow othet people or races to join judaism though. so in conclussion, judais is or should i say was a true religion from Allah from the time when Moses (sas) was a prophet untill anther prophet was chosen.

the same with christianity, but there is a difference in it from judaism, there were only a hand full of people that beleived Jesus(as) as a messenger from Allah, then after Allah raised him up, people such as John the baptist, etc. who never even saw Jesus (as) started to write about him, and tell people this is his message. again Jesus was only for his people not the whole world. and again the message that Jesus (as) came with was from Allah, but it to got changed along the way just as judaism.

then we come to islam, as it is know today, Muhammed (saws) is a prophet sent to humanty, thats why he is elevated above all other prophets, the other most elevated prophets are Noah, Moses, Jesus, and Abraham. they are elevated above all prophets. now in the kur'an you will see similarities that are mentioned in the bible and the torah. thats because they are all from Allah. muhammed (saws) verified that jesus and the other prophets were before him, by the knowledge that Allah gave him. he could have not known about all the prophets, he could not have known about medicine, science, the universe, the life cycle, the laws that woud bring good to humanity, etc, just by reading the bible and torah, as some people on RF claim, they too can read the three books (bible, kur'an, torah) if they wish and come up with a book that is simmilar and yet different to the three of them, this is a challenge made by Allah to all non muslim "make a chapter like that of the Kur'an, and make it as devine as mine" but no one can.

all the ther religions that claim to be the only true religion are true, but during their time, they have been uptadet, by the know known Islam, religion.

i don't know if this helps, but i hope it does make you understand why the three religions claim to be the only true religion
Yes it does help me understand what you believe and why. Thank you. I look around me and at the world today and I really believe that we need new and updated information once again. I know there are several religions that claim to have a new prophet, the Baha'i and Mormons, but I really don't think the new information is relevent anymore. Our world is changing so fast that in order to be able to keep up and not get obsolete, we need to accept that there are new revelations possible now to help us understand our new world. I realize that you believe Muhammed was the last, and I respect that. These are my thoughts though.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Dear friend Eselam I have a question for you.

If I become muslim and I want to marry a women, would the women need to convert to Islam too?

good question, you can marry a non muslim woman, but during her life time she shoud also accept islam. there are some times when you are forced to marry her for bussines reasons,(ie, you parents tell you to marry her to patch things uf financially with another family) there is a reason such as die or do it, etc, but if you would want you kids to grow up muslims then it is best to marry a muslim woman, in islam it is the mothers responsibility to raise the children (men work and women stay at home with the kids) so if you have a christian woman for example then she might teach them about christianity in secret, even though you may have agreed to teach them about islam, so there are a lot of issues that could arise in such a marriege, but it is allowed for a muslim man to marry a non muslim woman, but it is not allowed for a muslim woman to marry a non muslim man, she is allowed to marry him if he becomes a muslim, it is ussually the man that wins over the woman, so thats why.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Yes it does help me understand what you believe and why. Thank you. I look around me and at the world today and I really believe that we need new and updated information once again. I know there are several religions that claim to have a new prophet, the Baha'i and Mormons, but I really don't think the new information is relevent anymore. Our world is changing so fast that in order to be able to keep up and not get obsolete, we need to accept that there are new revelations possible now to help us understand our new world. I realize that you believe Muhammed was the last, and I respect that. These are my thoughts though.

wel it is not that the previous revelations to the other prophets needed updating, but instead the main faith was lost, the last true beleiver died and there was no one else to spread the message, so other propets were chosen, like i said there are information in the kur'an that are also in the torah and the bible, but the last true beeivers of the real message died, so a new messenger was sent and muhammed is the last because muslims will eixist untill the end of time itself on this world, the kur'an will remain unchanged untill then too, unlike the other scriptures. so it is not that and actual uptade was needed, but isntead a new face you could say.