• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
no i am serious , its very scary that some alien being would actually make us just to worship him/it/her
You're right, Kai. :)

Such an entity who created us solely to worship them would not only be pride and vain, but one who would send us to hell for not worshipping us borders on evil, if not being evil itself.

I think it is insulting to God/The Supreme/Whatever you want to call it, to say "if you don't believe in my religion, you will die and God will torture you! God is merciful and loving and peaceful". It's blatantly contradictory and makes that deity look like a jerk, really.

Reactions: kai

islamcity

(your argument is defenceless and weak)
i am giving you logic but your trying to make fun... you want to enjoy time... you want to live life the way you want... you dont like the idea of being completely ruled by someone else....
messege from me to you>"enjoy it while you can"

islamcity

Such an entity who created us solely to worship them would not only be pride and vain, but one who would send us to hell for not worshipping us borders on evil, if not being evil itself.

I think it is insulting to God/The Supreme/Whatever you want to call it, to say "if you don't believe in my religion, you will die and God will torture you! God is merciful and loving and peaceful". It's blatantly contradictory and makes that deity look like a jerk, really.

you took one piece of my information but left the rest... why should be surprised?
i mentioned also that god also says that we are all being tested by Him with regard to our wealth, families, children and social status. this is a test...dont you see;god wats us to see the result of our actions in the hereafter jsut as there are consequences in the world today..... ast ime goes on you are failing.... falling deeper into the hole....inspired by your desires and worldly things which are of no importance....do you not believe in punishment or reward:D

.lava

Veteran Member

hi Odion :)
God is not cruel. dynamics God set don't change in time. being close or closer to God can only make people happy and happier. that's how we designed.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
you took one piece of my information but left the rest... why should be surprised?
i mentioned also that god also says that we are all being tested by Him with regard to our wealth, families, children and social status. this is a test...dont you see;god wats us to see the result of our actions in the hereafter jsut as there are consequences in the world today..... ast ime goes on you are failing.... falling deeper into the hole....inspired by your desires and worldly things which are of no importance....do you not believe in punishment or reward:D
I believe in reward and punishment, just not eternal torture in Jahannam, which I find offensive to God. :)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
hi Odion :)
God is not cruel. dynamics God set don't change in time. being close or closer to God can only make people happy and happier. that's how we designed.

I agree, God is not cruel. :)
That is why I do not believe in the Islamic hell, where we shall burn for eternity. THAT is cruel. :)

islamcity

if you want to exprss your opnion please do so without using offensive language you might not know the importance of god but others do...please be considerate)(

islamcity

That is why I do not believe in the Islamic hell, where we shall burn for eternity. THAT is cruel. :)
lets follow your very smart philosphy and apply it on earth....I murder a certain memeber in your family and the get cought by he police...my punishment...execution....wait a second.... i think thats cruel.... i shouldnt get punished.... that is "cruel".....is this what your trying to prove....no punishment no reward... ia m stillwaiting for your reply on my prvious posts?????

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
lets follow your very smart philosphy and apply it on earth....I murder a certain memeber in your family and the get cought by he police...my punishment...execution....wait a second.... i think thats cruel.... i shouldnt get punished.... that is "cruel".....is this what your trying to prove....no punishment no reward... ia m stillwaiting for your reply on my prvious posts?????

Punishment in eternal torture = not merciful. Execution for murder = merciful. When it continues forever = not.

Why are you Muslims obsessed with killing my family? You guys are starting to creep me out, every time I mention something about hell one of you talks about killing my family. It's not very nice, you know. What have my family done?

What previous posts? :areyoucra

.lava

Veteran Member

if humanity was not told about hell (before we earned it), i would have agreed with you.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
if humanity was not told about hell (before we earned it), i would have agreed with you.

Thank you. :)

But, how am I supposed to believe this hell exists? How am I supposed to believe God is merciful if God can send people to burn in hell forever? My auntie died an atheist, but she was one of the kindest people I have ever known. She donated much money to charity, she helped look after people, etc, and now I'm expected to believe she's going to be tortured for eternity? :-/

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
It's blatantly contradictory and makes that deity look like a jerk, really.
calling my god a jerk is certainly not nice....
I'm sorry if you took it offensively.
But, see it from my point of view - if a God would send people to hell for something such as not believing, he is far from merciful.

islamcity

Thank you. :)

But, how am I supposed to believe this hell exists? How am I supposed to believe God is merciful if God can send people to burn in hell forever? My auntie died an atheist, but she was one of the kindest people I have ever known. She donated much money to charity, she helped look after people, etc, and now I'm expected to believe she's going to be tortured for eternity? :-/

no one ever mentioned eternel torture, your making up things never mentioned...Allah will punish someone according to what they have done...lets say a man has commited the worst possible crimes;murder,rape,drug dealing,drug use,dealing with weapons,massacres and more....is it fare for him to enter heaven with your angel like aunty...that is not fare...is it? you dont like hell lets see you suggest a reasonable punishment

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
no one ever mentioned eternel torture, your making up things never mentioned...Allah will punish someone according to what they have done...lets say a man has commited the worst possible crimes;murder,rape,drug dealing,drug use,dealing with weapons,massacres and more....is it fare for him to enter heaven with your angel like aunty...that is not fare...is it? you dont like hell lets see you suggest a reasonable punishment
I'm not making things up, Jahannam is very much stresssed within the Qur'an.
As to a better suggestion, what about eternal death- not being resurrected on the Last Day? :)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
What does believing mean to you?
If I do not believe Muhammad is a prophet, in God, in Jesus, in Moses, if I do not believe in the Last Day, in Angels - any of the six articles of belief, then I am not, according to most sheikhs - going to Jannah. Correct? :)

What is belief to me? Not relevant, but I'd say good intentions, belief to me is not having to say "I am a Muslim" and pray five times a day, or "I am a Christian" and going to church every Sunday. Many atheists are better at following God's will than many Muslims, Christians and Jews. :)

islamcity

I'm not making things up, Jahannam is very much stresssed within the Qur'an.
As to a better suggestion, what about eternal death- not being resurrected on the Last Day? :)
Jahannam is very much stresssed within the Qur'an. that is proving allahs mercy and love...proving the fact that he does not want to punish us...he is warning us...so we do not fall into the trap you have fallen in...