• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

.lava

Veteran Member
wikipedia. he told you to go there.
Those who trust word of Book do not trust word of God. word of God is given by God. Unless you can hear Allah. your believe system is based on a book and your parents. who based it on a book and their parents. and so forth.

except that i am not a member of a religious family and our information comes -directly- from Allah. but, don't ask. if you feel like you really should know, then PM me.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Then your believe stems from your desire for it to be true. You have grown tired of your families ireligosity and forget that it is a basic Muhammadist believe that God does not talk to people only angels can manifest themselfs in our reality. God talks and causes change through angels.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
But perhaps you do not follow Muhammadist Islam. perhaps you think that you are a Quaking Muslim. That Allah is so all powerful that 'HE' can manifest 'himself'.

.lava

Veteran Member
God is all-powerful. if God wants to speak, then there is no power to keep him away from this. besides, Qur'an proves that God talked to many people who's not Prophet.

.lava

Veteran Member
Then your believe stems from your desire for it to be true. You have grown tired of your families ireligosity and forget that it is a basic Muhammadist believe that God does not talk to people only angels can manifest themselfs in our reality. God talks and causes change through angels.

wrong info. here you;

28:7 and We revealed to Musa's mothers, saying...

41:12 So He ordained them seven heavens in two periods, and revealed in every heaven its affair;

God reveals to Moses's mother but she was not a Prophet and God did not send his angel. God revealed to Maria (PBUH), God reveals to skies, God reveals to bees...etc.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
as words lead people to hell, very same words could lead people to heaven.

Lava, what's your opinion on music within Islam?
Some have said music within Islam is forbidden if it's "music & voice" and should only be voices or something. What's your take?

Obviously though, it doesn't affect me much.. :D

.lava

Veteran Member
Lava, what's your opinion on music within Islam?
Some have said music within Islam is forbidden if it's "music & voice" and should only be voices or something. What's your take?

Obviously though, it doesn't affect me much.. :D

depending on which kind of music, it could be relaxing or joy giver. that is pretty much about personal likes. i do not know any command about it to make it forbidden.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
depending on which kind of music, it could be relaxing or joy giver. that is pretty much about personal likes. i do not know any command about it to make it forbidden.

Does an atheistic artist or anti-religious artist automatically make forbidden?
Or does it vary from song to song?

For example, some songs may be anti-religion, but others are not. Would they all be forbidden?

.lava

Veteran Member

For example, some songs may be anti-religion, but others are not. Would they all be forbidden?

i do not know. i was never told not to listen to music. i would not care if musician was religious or not. for example i sometimes listen to Sisters of Mercy, i have one song from them (Black Planet), or i have a song from Smashing Pumpkins (Eye)...these people are not even close to be religious but that is not my problem. i enjoy music, not the guys :) i like 80's as well.

pharon85

They're more like things I don't agree with. ;)

Mainly, Jahannam, niqab and burqa, but also the ultra-conserative imams who say "A male cannot talk to a non-mahram female", etc.

But Jahannam, niqab and burqa have been discussed too much - I am sure you are bored of discussing them. :D
not at all in
jahannam mean hell
what is the problem with that
niqab and buraq
it is not islamic, and i speak here just today about hijab and how is it
a male cannnot talk to a non mahram female
haha
that is the first time on my life i hear that
not true and for example isha the prophet wife was a source for knowledge for people of el madina , and men used to ask her after prophet death
not only her islamic history full of stories about women talk to men
any thing else

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
i do not know. i was never told not to listen to music. i would not care if musician was religious or not. for example i sometimes listen to Sisters of Mercy, i have one song from them (Black Planet), or i have a song from Smashing Pumpkins (Eye)...these people are not even close to be religious but that is not my problem. i enjoy music, not the guys :) i like 80's as well.

Bravo, bravo. :)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
not at all in
jahannam mean hell
what is the problem with that
I am a universalist, or an anihillationist. I don't believe in eternal hell. Because it's not something I like to think about. Because, I love people too much. I would not truly want Jahannam for anyone. Even my enemy.

niqab and buraq
it is not islamic, and i speak here just today about hijab and how is it
Exactly. I do not like them. Hijab are ok. I like hijabs. :)

a male cannnot talk to a non mahram female
haha
that is the first time on my life i hear that
not true and for example isha the prophet wife was a source for knowledge for people of el madina , and men used to ask her after prophet death
not only her islamic history full of stories about women talk to men
I heard this from a Pakistani sheikh, but not the local sheikh of the mosque I've been to. I thought it was incredibly strange and unfeasible. Thank you for sharing with it.

any thing else
For now, it is those. As well as things such as eating with my right hand (I cannot do). I will discuss more when I remember which ones I am not certain about. :cool:

pharon85

Not a thing, no.
ok may be we need to talk more about our religion becaus
[FONT=&quot]The only "new" bit is .lava claiming that there is now 2 billion Muslims on this small planet and yet last year the number most often used was 1.2 or 1.3 billion people. To me, it is like the old "fish that got away" story. The number just keeps inflating..[/FONT]
yes true because there are new moslems every day
[FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]That is VERY telling. You wouldn't be the first Muslim I have encountered that didn't actually know all that much about Islam. In fact, I'd say it is the norm, rather than the exception[/FONT]
haha
so you think i didn't know about my religion and then here i learned from you
i know enough and what i mean is that when i come here to that discussion
i found myself had to go in depth more in small details
and what i discovered helped me to see a bigger view for islam

challupa

Do you have any idea why the Taliban didn't allow music? That seems pretty harsh to me as a westerner. I can't imagine life without music so this was something I could not understand when I heard about it.

pharon85

I am a universalist, or an anihillationist. I don't believe in eternal hell. Because it's not something I like to think about. Because, I love people too much. I would not truly want Jahannam for anyone. Even my enemy.
:cool:
if you accept heaven you must accept hell
that is reward and that is punishment
you think people will stay in hell for eternal
wrong information
god forgive every thing except denying his existence which include also that god have
a partner ,i f you read quran you will find god ask them where the partner you say i have
this people who will stay there forever
but the rest who acted badly in their life but they believed in god they just will take punish in hill for a while then they will go to heaven
[FONT=&quot]Exactly. I do not like them. Hijab are ok. I like hijabs. :)[/FONT]
i will tell you how nikab come
nikab is used by people who live in desert
they face sand storms so they cover their faces
both men and women do that
so it is just a tradition
[FONT=&quot]I heard this from a Pakistani sheikh, but not the local sheikh of the mosque I've been to. I thought it was incredibly strange and unfeasible. Thank you for sharing with it.

For now, it is those. As well as things such as eating with my right hand (I cannot do). I will discuss more when I remember which ones I am not certain about.[/FONT]
this type of men who say things like that we call them men who make people life black
about the hand
it is a hadith that prophet say that it is preferred to eat with your right hand because
devil eat with his left
so it is just not make some thing devil do
if you can eat with your right , eat with it
and for a moslem use his left he should try
but if he couldn't, god is merciful :)

pharon85

ladies and gentlemen
it is not music, it is songs
and it is not totally forbidden and not totally allowed
for example a song full of bad words that will be forbidden
i know you will say some people say all songs are forbidden
but we don't care because prophet mohamed talk about that
once 2 girls sing in his house in amoslem festival
his friend entered and he say songs in the prophet home
prophet say let them we are in a festival
another time his wife told him about a weeding for a servant for her
he told her have you send some one sing for her
but for example if you watch some women wear indecent clothes and dance while she sing
that is forbidden

pharon85

Do you have any idea why the Taliban didn't allow music? That seems pretty harsh to me as a westerner. I can't imagine life without music so this was something I could not understand when I heard about it.
talban did that because of their way of thinking
in islam bad songs are forbidden
and they are not sure will that song will be good or bad
so they prevented all kind of songs