• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

.lava

Veteran Member
Islam isn't positive to me nor would I think it positive to billions of other people. Muslims can call Muslim babies anything they want as far as I'm concerned but to call non-Muslim babies Islam or sinful is arrogant and insulting.

can you recall anyone who called babies sinful?

no, friend, it is not up to you to decide for billions of people. each should do it himself.

Now here's what I want you to do. The next time you think about Muslims being insulted by criticisms of Islam from non Muslims you keep that 'agree to disagree' thought in your head. ;)

i do as i wish. besides, all you do is insulting Islam. for a few times invite you to agree to disagree. you just can't get enough of your hatred.

now here's what i want you to do. do not become fascist while you're fighting against them.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The Pharisees say the same thing about Judaism, thee Jews are the chosen people etc, all gentiles are on the same level as Animals, it is ok to steal from a gentile because he is an animal anyway etc. Bit off topic but its interesting to see that a lot of religions put themselves first above all the rest of the world. Like God chose only one group of people and their decendants to be loved. what a joke.

Its the "Holier than thou" syndrome

Alla Prima

You are missing my point. Read again my comment.

no, friend, it is not up to you to decide for billions of people. each should do it himself.

I'm not. I don't do that. I said 'I would think'.

i do as i wish. besides, all you do is insulting Islam.

Well I guess that makes us all even then doesn't it. All Islam does is insult me.

for a few times invite you to agree to disagree. you just can't get enough of your hatred.

You're demonizing again. :yes:

now here's what i want you to do. do not become fascist while you're fighting against them.

I know it's difficult for Muslims to accept criticism but I suggest you get used to it. ;)

Last edited:

pray4me

i do as i wish. besides, all you do is insulting Islam. for a few times invite you to agree to disagree. you just can't get enough of your hatred.

I think the point has been lost on you. Would you take offense if a christian decided to call your baby Christian? Or how about a Jew deciding to call your baby Jew? If you did take offense to that how would you feel if they responded, "What should I do then, call your baby a sinner?" I believe that is the point that was being made.

.lava

Veteran Member
I think the point has been lost on you. Would you take offense if a christian decided to call your baby Christian? Or how about a Jew deciding to call your baby Jew? If you did take offense to that how would you feel if they responded, "What should I do then, call your baby a sinner?" I believe that is the point that was being made.

i afraid i would not care. i have no doubt there is only one truth. as long as a Christian care for my baby as s'he cares for her/his own, i would respect that. problem would start when some one calls babies of others sub human or animal.

Alla Prima

i afraid i would not care. i have no doubt there is only one truth. as long as a Christian care for my baby as s'he cares for her/his own, i would respect that. problem would start when some one calls babies of others sub human or animal.

Why would that be a problem?

Alla Prima

Yes that was the point and it is this mindset that creates such real world activity as this ad placed by a terrorist sponsored organization (CAIR) on buses in Ft. Lauderdale recently. It makes Jesus a Muslim. This is offensive (as well as a lie) and typical of the bullying characteristic of Islam. More importantly it is an example of Soft Jihad. I fully support these protesters.

Fort Lauderdale protest condemns Islamic ad on county buses

Outraged over an ad placed on county buses by Islamic advocates, a group called Americans Against Hate vented its anger at a noontime rally Friday in downtown Fort Lauderdale.

"Enough of this idiocy!" demonstration organizer Joe Kaufman demanded. "Take down the Hamas message off our tax-funded buses now."

The object of the protest is a $60,000 ad that has been running since November on 50 Broward County buses. "ISLAM: The Way of Life of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad," it reads. The ad was placed by the local chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

The 50-some protesters condemned the ad as offensive and misleading because they said it implies that revered figures of Judaism and Christianity were Muslims. A local CAIR official said the ads try to foster understanding between religions. Fort Lauderdale protest condemns Islamic ad on county buses -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
no answer ????????

ahh sorry GURKISH, i expect some other Muslim to answer because i've never heard of this before. sounds little weird because in time of Hajj first you put your name in the list. i mean there is a line. many Muslims want to go but there is no enough place. if i join list, i may go Kaba maybe 2 years later. i do not understand why a non Muslim would want to go Hajj. you know each person who goes there obligated to do some Islamic stuff. there are rules. other than that if one wants to go Kaba other times (not time of Hajj) he still has to follow Islamic rules.

ask other Muslims, OK?

Alla Prima

ahh sorry GURKISH, i expect some other Muslim to answer because i've never heard of this before.

I'm not a Muslim and I have. You must be a brand new Muslim.

For the duration of the Hajj, Mecca and the Sanctuary that surrounds it have a special status. To cross the frontiers of the Haram—which lie outside Mecca between three and 18 miles from the Ka'bah—pilgrims from outside Saudi Arabia must now have a special Hajj visa in their passports. The visa must be stamped by immigration officials stationed at various check points on roads leading into the Haram and it entitles pilgrims to travel only within the Haram and to certain other places that pilgrims must, or customarily do, visit. Non-Muslims are strictly forbidden to enter the Haram under any circumstances.
Saudi Aramco World : The Hajj: An Introduction

My guess is a non Muslim would soil the place.

pray4me

I think you would be very rare then if you would not care because most people would and do. They feel it is a debasement of their religion and beliefs for another person to presume to have that kind of authority.

pray4me

Yes that was the point and it is this mindset that creates such real world activity as this ad placed by a terrorist sponsored organization (CAIR) on buses in Ft. Lauderdale recently. It makes Jesus a Muslim. This is offensive (as well as a lie) and typical of the bullying characteristic of Islam. More importantly it is an example of Soft Jihad. I fully support these protesters.

This is not all that offensive to me, I would think it would be natural if a person's religion believes in a savior for them to claim that he was of that religion. I know for a fact that Muslims believe themselves to be decendants of Abraham, whether or not that is true that's what they believe. Of course if they put this ad up just to rile people up then I guess it worked.

.lava

Veteran Member
I think you would be very rare then if you would not care because most people would and do. They feel it is a debasement of their religion and beliefs for another person to presume to have that kind of authority.

i can't really relate with that reaction. there is no negativity in saying all innocent kids are Islam. i believe those who are negative about Islam would give such a reaction. because they have chance to consider it as plain words. seems like they hate and look down on Islam and Muslims, so they are offended as if calling babies 'neat and clean' in Islamic way was an insult. i am sorry but i find this pathetic. it shows their egos and arrogance, nothing more.

pray4me

i can't really relate with that reaction. there is no negativity in saying all innocent kids are Islam. i believe those who are negative about Islam would give such a reaction. because they have chance to consider it as plain words. seems like they hate and look down on Islam and Muslims, so they are offended as if calling babies 'neat and clean' in Islamic way was an insult. i am sorry but i find this pathetic. it shows their egos and arrogance, nothing more.

Some people would say that calling all innocent babies Islam shows your ego and arrogance as if to say Islam is innocence and other religions are sin. Of course since most religions believe this way about others I guess what it really shows is that you are just not afraid to come out and say it. Of course there are religions who teach babies are born sinful and need to be cleansed, I myself do not agree with this standpoint. I think in your own way you were trying to say that you believe all babies are born without sin and that sin enters later on in life. It is my philosophy to assume good in all people until I'm proven otherwise.

.lava

Veteran Member
Some people would say that calling all innocent babies Islam shows your ego and arrogance as if to say Islam is innocence and other religions are sin. Of course since most religions believe this way about others I guess what it really shows is that you are just not afraid to come out and say it. Of course there are religions who teach babies are born sinful and need to be cleansed, I myself do not agree with this standpoint. I think in your own way you were trying to say that you believe all babies are born without sin and that sin enters later on in life. It is my philosophy to assume good in all people until I'm proven otherwise.

i did not say it, i was asked.

yea it is Ok, i think i understand your point. i do not mind how people perceive that saying. i do not think it is very important. it is only my personal point of view. if children of non Muslims were described and called differently then that would be the problem. i am glad there is no discrimination.

HoldemDB9

I don't know much about Islam and I would like to learn more about it.

1) What do Muslims believe will happen to followers of other religions who are good people and just as faithful to their religion?

2) What do Muslims think will happen to people who tried harder than most Muslims to be good people and to find true world-views/beliefs, but came to the conclusion that Islam was false?

3) Do you think Allah will punish people for things which were beyond their control?

4) Do Muslims believe that we are fully in control of our beliefs?