• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISSUE OF HOMOSEXUALITY

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
actual science is taoist science seen from the light of the new world.
I feel a SMIDGEN of bias there..

...and lies..
...And hypocrisy, and ignorance of reality...
but, Nonetheless I'm curious...
So, enlighten me.
What is the difference between science and Taoist science, how does Taoist science work,
and what breakthroughs has Taoist science made.
I'm open minded.

chevron1

So, enlighten me.
What is the difference between science and Taoist science, how does Taoist science work,
and what breakthroughs has Taoist science made.
I'm open minded.

taoist science is just science, that's all. there is movement for believable religion that is all about the merging of ALL religions with science so that there will fewer arguments about the divine.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
taoist science is just science, that's all. there is movement for believable religion that is all about the merging of ALL religions with science so that there will fewer arguments about the divine.
So, it;s the same as ginger science, and left handed science, and follically challenged science?
..then..
...why call it Taoist science, unless you plan on being deceptive about its meaning, or you're just lying to yourself, so you can feel better about what you believe.
..why isn't that..

"Science?"

Kolibri

So they're only coincidences until they happen to jive with your preconceived notions, only then are they "signs from god."

They are not signs because God does not discipline/train the nations in general. They are warned about a coming day of destruction, but until that day arrives these natural disasters are just that - nature run amok. Our own mismanagement of the environment may even be partly at fault.

"In past generations [God] permitted all the nations to go on in their ways, although he did not leave himself without witness in that he did good, giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying you with food and filling your hearts with gladness." - Acts 14:16,17

My son, do not reject the discipline of Jehovah,
And do not loathe his reproof,
For those whom Jehovah loves he reproves,
Just as a father does a son in whom he delights.
- Proverbs 3:11,12

"Should I not also feel sorry for Nin'e-vah the great city, in which there are more than 120,000 men who do no even know right from wrong, (or "know their right hand from their left.") as well as their many animals?" - Jonah 4:11

Last edited:

chevron1

"Should I not also feel sorry for Nin'e-vah the great city, in which there are more than 120,000 men who do no even know right from wrong, (or "know their right hand from their left.") as well as their many animals?" - Jonah 4:11

jonah was the name of an ex-gay group.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Actually, many of the Founders were Christian (though most of them that most people can name were Deists), and Thomas Paine was not a Founder.

Uhm, yes he was and had a very large role in the Revolution.

At the start of the Revolution he was the sole author of two of the most important and influential documents that spread around the colonies. Those documents inspired the rebels to carry on with the Revolution. Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and John Adams all gave him props for his involvement. As a matter of fact, John Adams made this statement about him:

"Without the pen of the author of Common Sense, the sword of Washington would have been raised in vain." Thomas Paine was the author of Common Sense.

Furthermore, Paine accompanied Benjamin Franklin and Colonel Laurens to France and secured a loan in order to help pay for the war. He helped organize the Bank of North America, and the US Congress gave him $3,000 in recognition for his service as a non-military citizen of the Revolution. That amounts to roughly $81,000 in today's value.

Just because his name is not as well known as Jefferson, Washington, Adams or Franklin does not mean he was not a Founding Father. As a matter of fact, some historians credit him as being the "Father of the American Revolution" because of Common Sense.