• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's not all bad.

Popeyesays

Man is perfect. Since he is perfect he has free will and can CHOOSE imperfection as part of that free will.

The universe is perfect--a perfect place for all its creaures including those creatures who possess free will.

"13. O SON OF SPIRIT!
I created thee rich, why dost thou bring thyself down to poverty? Noble I made thee, wherewith dost thou abase thyself? Out of the essence of knowledge I gave thee being, why seekest thou enlightenment from anyone beside Me? Out of the clay of love I molded thee, how dost thou busy thyself with another? Turn thy sight unto thyself, that thou mayest find Me standing within thee, mighty, powerful and self-subsisting.'
(Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words)

If we did not have the power to ignore God, then we would not have free will.

Regards,
Scott

LogDog

Man is perfect. Since he is perfect he has free will and can CHOOSE imperfection as part of that free will.

The universe is perfect--a perfect place for all its creaures including those creatures who possess free will.

Imperfect = Perfect?

LogDog

man is perfect, man is capable of choice. Therefore choice is perfect.

Dialectic Materialism perfectly expressed.

Regards,

Scott

Man is also perfectly capable of making things up. Creating stories based on wishful thinking and fabrication. Your above assertion being case in point.

Popeyesays

Man is also perfectly capable of making things up. Creating stories based on wishful thinking and fabrication. Your above assertion being case in point.

It works just as well from the other end, you know.

Man is imperfect. Man exercises choice. Therefore choice is imperfect.

Regards.
Scott