• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JD Vance - A Gift To Biden

Clizby Wampuscat

It shows he did it cynically to gain power. I'm sure he's offered other explanations. I'd be surprised if he just came out and said "Yeah, I still think Trump sucks and is America's Hitler, but I want to progress my political career, so I'm sucking up to him now". Of course he won't admit that. I just realize that we can look at his actions and make determinations and not go by his excuses.
Ok, believe what you want. I gave up believing things without good evidence when I became an atheist.

Clizby Wampuscat

Thanks. I tend to believe things that are supported by clear evidence.

Cool, me too. That's why I'm pointing this out about Vance backed up by evidence.
I agree it is evidence it is just not convincing evidence. He has been asked this question many times inthe last couple days. He answers it every time.

Clizby Wampuscat

And? What does he say when he answers the question? Do you find his answer satisfactory? If so why?
Here are a couple of quotes:

I think you can make the case with the American people, people who may have been skeptical of the president back in 2016, who can be skeptical now that we've seen the results?,"

I actually think it's a good thing, when you see somebody, you were wrong about them, you ought to admit the mistake and admit that you were wrong,"

I don’t hide from that. I was certainly skeptical of Donald Trump in 2016, But President Trump was a great president and he changed my mind. I think he changed the minds of a lot of Americans because, again, he delivered that peace and prosperity.

“I bought into the media’s lies and distortions. I bought into this idea that somehow he was going to be so different, a terrible threat to democracy. It was a joke.”

Yes I do believe him because I have no good reason to not believe him. If I ever do then I can change my mind.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I can see it now.....
Biden's campaign ads will mostly be clips about
Vance's earlier candid opinions about Trump.
"America's Hitler"
"Cynical *** hole"
"Cultural heroin"
"Moral disaster"
Vance can try to explain away his comments.
But there's no way that he won't look like a lying flip
flopper willing to lick Trump's boots to be Vice President.
At least Trump is proof that he's not a bias ******* like other politicians are.

The more I think about it, the more I agree that Vance is an excellent choice for vice president because he knows what it's like on both sides of the aisle same as Trump because Trump used to be a Democrat himself. Both of them know the game.

To bring a staunch critic to the point where he's an ally? Now that's an accomplishment and a testament to Trump's abilities and capabilities in continuing to be an astounding president and VP for this country. Something that is sorely lacking by the pathetic people in charge at present.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Here are a couple of quotes:

I think you can make the case with the American people, people who may have been skeptical of the president back in 2016, who can be skeptical now that we've seen the results?,"

I actually think it's a good thing, when you see somebody, you were wrong about them, you ought to admit the mistake and admit that you were wrong,"

I don’t hide from that. I was certainly skeptical of Donald Trump in 2016, But President Trump was a great president and he changed my mind. I think he changed the minds of a lot of Americans because, again, he delivered that peace and prosperity.

“I bought into the media’s lies and distortions. I bought into this idea that somehow he was going to be so different, a terrible threat to democracy. It was a joke.”

Yes I do believe him because I have no good reason to not believe him. If I ever do then I can change my mind.
Just watch when Trump picks up where he left off before the covid crap started.

Being in the People's Republic all my life I know exactly how Democrats are and how they work as well which is why I voted for Trump in the first place.

I'll be looking forward to his win in November and his inauguration in January provided no other attempts on his life is being planned for which I'm pretty sure now the secret service will be extra vigilant for such attempts.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
At least Trump is proof that he's not a bias *******.....
What does that mean?
The more I think about it, the more I agree that Vance is an excellent choice for vice president because he knows what it's like on both sides of the aisle same as Trump because Trump used to be a Democrat himself. Both of them know the game.

To bring a staunch critic to the point where he's an ally? Now that's an accomplishment and a testament to Trump's abilities and capabilities in continuing to be an astounding president and VP for this country. Something that is sorely lacking by the pathetic people in charge at present.
So you believe that Vance is sincere in
his transformation from Trump detractor
to supporter?

Twilight Hue

What does that mean?

So you believe that Vance is sincere in
his transformation from Trump detractor
to supporter?
I'm under that impression. I think Vance wants to see this country prosperous and strong again the same as Trump , and is likely not very happy with things as they are now and realized the need for America to once again realign with the principles that had made America so appealing and respected in the first place. So yeah, I think he is likely sincere and deserves a chance to prove it and am willing to accept it provisionally.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Well then, 2 years of feting Trump must mean
that he's sincere. As Trump's worst traits became
more & more evident, Vance became more & more
a supporter....that bespeaks insincerity.
Don't forget showing up at the NY trial wearing exactly the same outfit Trump was wearing. Do you know what MAGA people would think if my partner and I appeared together dressed alike? :eek::p

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'm under that impression. I think Vance wants to see this country prosperous and strong again the same as Trump , and is likely not very happy with things as they are now and realized the need for America to once again realign with the principles that had made America so appealing and respected in the first place. So yeah, I think he is likely sincere and deserves a chance to prove it and am willing to accept it provisionally.
And he wants to force women to stay with the husbands who physically abuse them, and deny abortions to women who have been raped, because that's good for America -- yeah! Uppity women only weaken the country, taking away from all that macho manliness!

Bah!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm under that impression. I think Vance wants to see this country prosperous and strong again the same as Trump , and is likely not very happy with things as they are now and realized the need for America to once again realign with the principles that had made America so appealing and respected in the first place.
Those lofty unspecific goals are shared by both Trump & Biden.
The problems lie in their differences....
- Reproductive rights.
- Christian Dominionism.
- Power & immunity of a President.
- Persecution of political foes.
- Criminal background.