• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is God?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It doesn't apply in both sentences, one refers to the beginning when there was nothing but the one true God, "In the Beginning was God," nothing else but God. The other refers to any of the many gods that were worshiped by the heathen, and they thought that Paul was a god."
Discussion on that subject is now closed, you must believe what every you wish to believe matey, even though you are in error.

According to Psalm 90v2 isn't God from Everlasting?
Everlasting means: before any beginning.
God was before the beginning, or God was from everlasting.
God had No starting point. That is why God is spoken of as from everlasting.

Whereas, the Word [not God] was in the beginning and Not before the beginning as God was before the Beginning.
Isn't that why Jesus could speak of himself as the beginning of the creation by God at Rev. 3v14 B?

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Because he actually clarifies it a little later in the exact same book.

John 10:27-30
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.

Now here's the clarification......

John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true god, and Yeshua the Messiah, whom thou hast sent.

John 17:6
I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

John 17:9
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

John 17:11
And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name which thou gavest me, and I have kept them, and not one of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

John 17:21-22
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one.

Each of these is highlighted with a corresponding color to show how they relate. All the biblical Yeshua was talking about one in purpose.......

The problem is that you jump to your conclusion. It is as though you were saying the sky is blue, the ocean is blue therfore the sky is the ocean. They sky may hold water but your arguments do not because there is nothing between your premises and conclusion.

Your color coding causes verses to be related! How convenient!

You have to prove that the verses are related. You can't just say it is so. Also I do not find the word purpose in the cited verse.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Wouldn't you agree that Jesus and his Father were: one in purpose, goal, unity, belief, agreement, objective, etc.? So in that same way his followers could be one just as Jesus and his Father are one.
Jesus was not praying they all become God.
1st John 1:3; 1st Cor 1:9,10 also connects the word 'fellowship' or having a sharing with them, but not literally being them.

Those of Matthew 25:32,37 could remain in that 'oneness' forever.
Those alive, at the time of Matt 25:31; 16:27, counted as righteous by Jesus placing them at his right hand of favor, so to speak, do not die. They remain alive on earth and keep right on living on earth right into the start of Jesus millennial reign over earth.
- Proverbs 2:21,22; 10:30; Psalm 92:7; 37:11,29,38[/quote]

Yes I believe this is a correct premise based on the fact that Jesus is God in the flesh.

This is a reasonable conclusion based on the fact that the Holy Spirit is indwelling and Lord.

This conclusion does not follow from your premises.

Fellowship does not infer relationship. I have fellowship with Jesus and He is my brother but foremost He is my Lord. Fellowship means that you have something in common eg. doctors are fellows in medicine. I have things in common with God having been made in his image but even moreso as a Christian becasue I have agreed on the relationship that He wishes to have.

Of course! I was talking about the present and you are talking about the future.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Who did Jesus say he was at John 10:36?________________
Jesus and God are both from the spirit realm.
Spirit creation was created first, then the physical world.
God sent his spirit Son to the physical world.
Not in a materialized human body like the fallen angels of Noah's day.
[Gen 6:2,4; Jude 6], but to be born as a perfect human of mind and body just as Adam was originally created. That is why Jesus having human perfection could be a ransom for us.

Jesus, according to Col. 1:15,16 was 'firstborn' in the heavens or spirit realm.
God is from everlasting [Psalm 90:2] so God was not born or begotten.
Whereas, Jesus said he was the beginning of the creation by God at Revelation 3:14 b. Only God was before the beginning. Jesus was not before the beginning as God was. The resurrected heavenly Jesus still calls himself the Son of God at Rev 2:18, and the heavenly Jesus still believes he has a God over him at Rev. 3:12.

Jesus said He was the Son of God. This does not preclude Jesus from being God and actually reinforces the fact. That is why the Pharisees could construe it as a blasphemy against God becasue it amounts to the same thing.

There is no "Jesus and God" because Jesus is God.

There is no scripture that even remotely suggests that this is the case.

The reference of firstborn is back to the most recent precedent which is God. It does not say that Jesus was made in God's image but that He is God's image (Another proof that Jesus is God).

In case you have forgotten your creation story, man was not created at the beginning but at the end of creation. Gen 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Therefore Jesus is God because He is there at the beginning as you say that only God is.

I have argued this many times. Jesus saying "My God" does not mean that He has a God over Him. In case you didn't know the meaning of the word "my" it means something that belongs to me. Jesus and God belong together because they are one.

I see this argument many times. It has reference to the physical body but not to the spirit within. Jesus is the Spirit of God in a human body. The Spirit of God is everlasting but the body is only around as long as God needs it. However Jesus obtains His identity of God because the Spirit of God is within.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
The problem is that you jump to your conclusion.

I did no such thing. The book of John is an easy read. The biblical Yeshua nowhere expresses he's "God". It is the interpretation of trinitarians that he is. Not so much that he says he is rather it is implied that he is. On the contrary. We find in that very book Yeshua expressing himself as the servant of the god that taught him and commanded him of the things he should say. The biblical Yeshua outright says this and says his god sent him here. He was sent not by his will (his own separate will in heaven) rather by the will (commandment) of his god to save a lost people.

It is as though you were saying the sky is blue, the ocean is blue therfore the sky is the ocean. They sky may hold water but your arguments do not because there is nothing between your premises and conclusion.

Certainly not what I was saying at all.

Your color coding causes verses to be related! How convenient!

Not convenient. It's just fact. I showed that what Yeshua was speaking of earlier in John can be clarified by Yeshua later in John when Yeshua is praying to his god.

You have to prove that the verses are related. You can't just say it is so.

But that's the problem right there. I laid out earlier verses that were backed up by later statements in the same book by Yeshua himself. What else would you accept as proof? You obviously don't accept my presentation of scripture so basically we find ourselves at an impasse.

Also I do not find the word purpose in the cited verse.

Where did I ever say the (word) purpose is in the verse. I said that the verse, or what Yeshua was saying, was that He, his god as well as his disciples were one in purpose. That is exactly what John 17:21-22 means unless you care to show how it doesn't mean (one in purpose).

I know that there are a good many christians out their who believe that those who follow the jewish religion need to be saved because they do not worship Jesus. So, quick question:

Jesus is God(YHWH). It seems to me that we are worshipping the same deity. Am I correct? Why or why not?
Peace be upon you.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said there be light and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good:

and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the the light Day, and the darkness he called night. Genesis 1:1-5 Old Testament.

John 1:1-51 New Testament.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All thing were made by Him; and without was not any thing made that was made.

In Him was life; and the life were the LIGHT of man.

And the LIGHT shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

There was a man send from God, whose name was John.

The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the LIGHT that all man through him might believe.

He was not that LIGHT (John ) , but was send to bear witness of that LIGHT.

That was the true LIGHT, which LIGHTED every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.

14.And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us, ( and we beheld His Glory, the Glory of the only begotten of the Father.

17.For the LAW was given by Moses, but grace and true came by Jesus Christ.

Note:
Genesis is the testimony of God about the creation of all thing and places before Moses and God himself wrote this and give is to Moses.

Exodus 24:1-18
4.And Moses wrote all the words of the Lord, and rose up early in the mourning, and builded and altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Isarel.

Exodus 32:1-35
15.And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand:

the table were written on both their side; on the one side and the other were they written.

AND THE TABLES WERE THE WORK OF GOD, AND THE WRITING WAS THE WRITING OF GOD, GRAVES UPON THE TABLES.

1John 1:1- 10
That wich was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our own eyes, which we have look upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

(for the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and show unto you that eternal life, which was the Father, and was manifested unto us:)

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also have fellowship with us:

and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

John 14:1-31

Let not your heart be troubled:

ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions:

it is were not so, i would told you.

I go to prepare a place fro you.

And if I go and prepare a place fro you, I will come again, and receive you unto MY SELF; that were I am, there ye may be also.

6.Jesus saith unto him, I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE:

NOT MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME.

7.If you had known me, ye should have known my FATHER also:

and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.

10...the word that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself:
but the Father that dwelt in me, He doeth the word.

S-word

Peace be upon you.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said there be light and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good:

and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the the light Day, and the darkness he called night. Genesis 1:1-5 Old Testament.

John 1:1-51 New Testament.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All thing were made by Him; and without was not any thing made that was made.

In Him was life; and the life were the LIGHT of man.

And the LIGHT shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

There was a man send from God, whose name was John.

The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the LIGHT that all man through him might believe.

He was not that LIGHT (John ) , but was send to bear witness of that LIGHT.

That was the true LIGHT, which LIGHTED every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.

14.And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us, ( and we beheld His Glory, the Glory of the only begotten of the Father.

17.For the LAW was given by Moses, but grace and true came by Jesus Christ.

Note:
Genesis is the testimony of God about the creation of all thing and places before Moses and God himself wrote this and give is to Moses.

Exodus 24:1-18
4.And Moses wrote all the words of the Lord, and rose up early in the mourning, and builded and altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Isarel.

Exodus 32:1-35
15.And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand:

the table were written on both their side; on the one side and the other were they written.

AND THE TABLES WERE THE WORK OF GOD, AND THE WRITING WAS THE WRITING OF GOD, GRAVES UPON THE TABLES.

1John 1:1- 10
That wich was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our own eyes, which we have look upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

(for the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and show unto you that eternal life, which was the Father, and was manifested unto us:)

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also have fellowship with us:

and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

John 14:1-31

Let not your heart be troubled:

ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions:

it is were not so, i would told you.

I go to prepare a place fro you.

And if I go and prepare a place fro you, I will come again, and receive you unto MY SELF; that were I am, there ye may be also.

6.Jesus saith unto him, I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE:

NOT MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME.

7.If you had known me, ye should have known my FATHER also:

and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.

10...the word that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself:
but the Father that dwelt in me, He doeth the word.

You can't kid me matey, I know that your not the chosen governor of all Egypt.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Where did I ever say the (word) purpose is in the verse. I said that the verse, or what Yeshua was saying, was that He, his god as well as his disciples were one in purpose. That is exactly what John 17:21-22 means unless you care to show how it doesn't mean (one in purpose).

So in other words, you feel pefect justified to take the word "one" and turn it into "one in purpose." So I can promise to give you one book but since it is only a one in purpose book you can try to read what I intended for you to read without the book. Good luck with that.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So in other words, you feel pefect justified to take the word "one" and turn it into "one in purpose." So I can promise to give you one book but since it is only a one in purpose book you can try to read what I intended for you to read without the book. Good luck with that.

How else can Jesus followers be one as Jesus and God are one?_______
Five times Jesus prays they be one [John 17vs 11,21-23].

Since Jesus believed his Father is greater than all [John 10v29]
and Jesus believed his father is greater then I [Jesus]

Then being one could only mean one in purpose, unity, belief, objective, faith, goal, work, agreement, harmony, etc. and not that all Jesus followers be God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I know that there are a good many christians out their who believe that those who follow the jewish religion need to be saved because they do not worship Jesus. So, quick question:
Jesus is God(YHWH). It seems to me that we are worshipping the same deity. Am I correct? Why or why not?

Daniel 9vs25,26 shows Messiah will come. There is no Scripture that says God will come.

The Tetragrammaton [YHWH] is only applied to God, not Jesus.

Jesus never prayed to himself, but always directed prayer and worship to his Father, his God. Jesus instructed the woman at the well [John 4vs23,24] to worship the Father. Decades after God resurrected Jesus to heaven, Jesus still believed he has a God over him at Revelation 3v12. Also, Jesus still considers himself to be the Son of God at Rev. 2v18.

Wayne121

Daniel 9vs25,26 shows Messiah will come. There is no Scripture that says God will come.

Jesus never prayed to himself, but always directed prayer and worship to his Father, his God. Jesus instructed the woman at the well [John 4vs23,24] to worship the Father. Decades after God resurrected Jesus to heaven, Jesus still believed he has a God over him at Revelation 3v12. Also, Jesus still considers himself to be the Son of God at Rev. 2v18.

There's tons of Biblical evidence that Jesus is God. Here's just a sample:

Jesus Must Be God

John 1:23 quotes Isaiah 40:3 as saying John the Baptist was to prepare the way of the LORD (Jehovah). John prepared the way before Jesus so Jesus must be LORD (Jehovah).

In Isaiah 44:8 God is the only Rock. Psalm 18:31 says, “Who is the Rock except our God”? I Corinthians 10:4, identifies Jesus as the Rock. Jesus must also then be God the Rock.

Isaiah 44:24 says that God (Jehovah) is the one who has made all things. Colossians 1:16, speaking of Christ, says that “all things were created by Him and for him”. Jesus must therefore be Jehovah God.

In Jeremiah 10:10 it says "the LORD (Jehovah) is the true God". I John 5:20 states that Jesus is the “true God”. Jesus must be the true God.

Isaiah 43:10,11 says that “I, even I, am the LORD; and there is no savior besides Me. Jesus is the Savior (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1, etc., etc.). Jesus must be God the Savior.

Jehovah knows all things (Psalm 147:5). Jesus knows “all things.” (John 16:30). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah alone is the only one who knows the hearts of all men. (1 Kings 8:39; Jeremiah 17:9-10). Jesus knows the hearts of all men. (John 2:24-25; Rev. 2:18, 23). Jesus must be God.

Jehovah is our sanctifier. (Exodus 31:13). Jesus sanctifies us (Hebrews 10:10). Only God is the sanctifier of men. Jesus must be God.

Jehovah is our peace (Judges 6:23). Jesus is our peace (Ephesians 2:14). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah is our righteousness (Jeremiah 23:6). Jesus is our righteousness. (Romans 3:21-22; 1 Corinthians 1:30). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah is the giver of life who will not allow His people to be delivered / snatched out of His hand (Deuteronomy 32:39). Jesus is the giver of life who will not allow His people to be “snatched” out of His hand. (John 10:28). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah’s voice is “like the roar of rushing waters” (Ezekiel 43:2). Jesus’ “voice was like the sound of rushing waters” (Revelation 1:15). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah is present everywhere.(Proverbs 15:3; Jeremiah 23:24; I Kings 8:27); Jesus is omnipresent (John 1:48; Matthew 18:20; 28:20). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah’s nature does not change (Malachi 3:6). Jesus’ nature does not change. (Hebrews 13:8).

Jehovah is the only God we are to “serve”(2 Kings 17:35); Jesus (identified as the Creator in Colossians 1:16-17) is to be served (Colossians 3:24). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah the Lord is to be set apart as holy (Isaiah 8:12b-13). Jesus, as Lord, is to be set apart as holy (1 Peter 3:14b-15a).

Jehovah’s glory is not to be given to another (Isaiah 42:8). Jesus shares Jehovah’s glory (John 17:5). Jesus must be Jehovah.

God’s name is Jehovah (or Yahweh—YHWH - Isaiah 42:8). Jesus has Jehovah’s name (John 17:11; John 16:14-15). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah is the “mighty God” (Jeremiah 32:17-18; Isaiah 10:20-21). Jesus is the “mighty God” (Isaiah 9:6) who is “Almighty” (Revelation 1:7-8).

Jehovah is “the first and the last” (Isaiah 44:6; 48:12). Jesus is the “first and the last” (Revelation 1:17-18; 22:12-13, 20). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah is the “Alpha and the Omega” (Revelation 1:8; Revelation 21:6-7). Jesus is the “Alpha and the Omega” (Revelation 22:12-13, 20). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah’s title is “the Holy One” (Isaiah 47:4). Jesus is “the Holy One” (Acts 3:14; John 6:69). Jesus must be Jehovah, the Holy One.

Jehovah is the “stumbling stone” of Israel (Isaiah 8:13-15). Jesus is the “stumbling stone” of Israel (1 Peter 2:6-8). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah is the great Judge who gives life to whom he wishes and who renders to each man “according” to his “deeds” (Psalm 98:9; Deuteronomy 32:39; Jeremiah 17:9-10). Jesus is the only judge who gives life to whom he wishes and renders to each man “according” to his “deeds” (John 5:21-22; Revelation 2:18, 23). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah is the great “shepherd” who leads his people to “the spring of the water of life” (Psalm 23:1-2; Revelation 21:6-7). Jesus as the “shepherd” of His people, leads them “to springs of the water of life” (John 10:11-18; Revelation 7:17).
THERE IS ONLY ONE SHEPHERD --John 10:16.

Jehovah is “Lord of Lords” (Deuteronomy 10:17). Jesus is “Lord of Lords.” (Revelation 17:14; 19:16). The Father is Lord of all (Matthew 11:25; Acts 17:24). Jesus is “Lord of all.” (Acts 10:36). THERE IS ONLY ONE LORD (Jude 4) .

Jehovah created the universe (Psalm 102:25-27). Jesus created the universe (John 1:3; Colossians 1:15-19; Hebrews 1:10-12). THERE IS ONLY ONE CREATOR. (Isaiah 44:24). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Source: Christian Ministry to Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses - witforjesus.org, etc.

DeitySlayer

President of Chindia
Nice list, but note all of this only applies if you can prove the Bible is infallible. Trying to prove Jesus is God by quoting the Bible is like trying to prove Dumbledore is a wizard by quoting from Harry Potter. All of it amounts to nothing if you cannot prove the validity of the book you are taking all your information from.

Hi:

Jesus is not God Almighty. He is the Holy Son of God Almighty.

John 20:17,NLT,
17..................But go find my brothers and tell them that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God."

Revelation 3:12,NLT,(Jesus Speaking),
12..........................But go find my brothers and tell them that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God."

Luke 22:70,71,NASB,
70 And they all said, "Are You the Son of God, then?" And He said to them, "Yes, I am."
71 Then they said, "What further need do we have of testimony? For we have heard it ourselves from His own mouth."

Respectfully,

Slo.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Did Jesus directly create the universe, or rather as Col 1vs15,16 says Jesus [God's 'firstborn' in the heaven] created through God as his firstborn or only begotten?
Eph 3v9.

Jesus believed he was the beginning of the creation by God according to Rev 3v14 B.
God had no beginning. Only Un-begotten God was before the beginning. Jesus was not before the beginning. God as Creator took in his firstborn Son into the family business of Creation [Father&Son] and through Jesus came all other creation heavenly and earthly.

Wayne121

Hi:

Jesus is not God Almighty. He is the Holy Son of God Almighty.

John 20:17,NLT,
17..................But go find my brothers and tell them that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God."

Revelation 3:12,NLT,(Jesus Speaking),
12..........................But go find my brothers and tell them that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God."

Luke 22:70,71,NASB,
70 And they all said, "Are You the Son of God, then?" And He said to them, "Yes, I am."
71 Then they said, "What further need do we have of testimony? For we have heard it ourselves from His own mouth."

Respectfully,

Slo.

That's Jesus speaking from his earthly humanity. That's clearly explained in Philippians 2:5-8:

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Here's more.

THE DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST

1. Jesus existed in the beginning (John 1:1; Philip 2:6; Rev. 19:13; Micah 5:2).
2. He was with God (John 1:1).
3. He is God, the Son (John 1:1; Rom. 9:5; Heb. 1:8, 10; I John 5:20).
4. He is God manifest in the flesh (John 20:28; I Tim. 3:16; Col. 2:9; Acts 20:28; Heb. 1:8).
5. He is God foretold (Isaiah 9:6; Psalm 45:6).
6. He is Immanuel, God with us (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23).
7. He is the true God (I John 5:20 with Titus 2:13; Romans 9:5).
8. He is the great God (Titus 2:13).
9. He is God our Savior (II Peter 1:1).
10. He existed in the form of God before His incarnation and was equal with God the Father
(Philippians 2:5-7).
11. He is the only wise God (Jude 25).
12. He is omnipotent over disease. (Matthew 8:1-4; Luke 4:39)
13. He is omnipotent over demons. (Matthew 8:16-17; Luke 4:35)
14. He is omnipotent over nature. ((Matthew 8:26)
15. He is omnipotent over death. (Luke 7:14-15; John 11:25)
16. He is omniscient, knowing the hearts of the Pharisees. (Matthew 12:25;
Luke 5:22; 6:8; 7:39-40)
17. He knew the thoughts of the scribes. (Matthew 9:3-4)
18. He knew the history of the Samaritan woman. (John 4:24)
19. He is omnipresent. (Matthew 18:20; 28:20; John 3:13; 14:20)
20. He was worshiped as God by the angels (Hebrews 1:6); worshiped as
God by the wise men (Matthew 2:2); worshiped as God by the shepherds
(Luke 2:15); worshiped as God by a ruler (Matthew 9:18); worshiped as
God by Thomas (John 20:28); worshiped as God by the apostles (Matthew
14:33; 28:9).
21. He forgives sins. (Mark 2:5)
22. He saves. (Matthew 18:11; John 10:28).
23. He judges. (John 5:22)
24. Paul, Peter, Jude, James, and John called Him God. (Galatians 2:20; 1 Peter
3:22; Jude 25; James 2:1; I John 5:20; Revelation 1:18; 19:16)
25. He is God's Son, who was sent to bring us eternal life. (John 3:16)
26. He arose from death in the flesh (John 20:26-28; Luke 24:39-43; I John 4:2-3).
27. One with the Father (John 10:30).

There's not a man on earth or an angel in heaven that does all that. Only God does all those things.

Last edited:

Wayne121

Nice list, but note all of this only applies if you can prove the Bible is infallible.

That's like saying, "Nice story, but that only applies if you can prove the accounts of Julius Caesar's death are infallible."

The preponderance of the evidence is what people should pay attention to, and the unanimous verdict of the Gospels is that Christ did indeed rise from the dead. To disprove Christianity you need to bust the resurrection, and so far for the last 2,000 years, no one has been able to accomplish that. It's the big elephant in the room, and the fly in the atheist's ointment. :D

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
True, Jesus is divine. Jesus being the 'firstborn' in the heavens Col, 1v15
True, Jesus existed in the beginning. Only God existed before the beginning because God is from everlasting. Isn't that why Jesus can call himself the beginning of the creation by God at Rev 3v14 b?____________

Yes, Jesus says at John [10v30] I and the Father are one. In what way are they one?
John [17vs11,21-23] who else should be one with God and Jesus?
One in purpose, unity, goal, belief, union, work, objective, etc.but not all one person.

Doesn't Jesus say in the previous verse see [John 10v29] that: his Father is greater than all? Of course Jesus knew his 'Father is greater than all' because Jesus continues at John [14v28] that his Father is greater than I [Jesus]. So doesn't 'all' include Jesus?

There is worship in a 'relative sense' used in Scripture. Who did Jesus say and instruct that we should direct worship at John 4vs 23,24? worship God, worship the Father.
Jesus is the go between between us and God.
What does 1st Tim 2v5 say?______
What does John 14v 6 say?_______

According to Scripture Jesus did Not resurrect himself. God resurrected Jesus.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

First of all, you're forgetting that Jesus is fully human as he is fully God. Second, the tetragrammaton need not be "applied" to Jesus, because the name "Jesus" does not = "YHWH." Third, as is often the case in religion, God acts mythically and parabolically, turning our expectations on their heads.