• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Time to "I think" again !? What is obvious from the text is that Jesus is not "The Father" .. that Jesus is NOT .. the God of Jesus.. that the name of "Our Father who art in Heaven - Hallowed be thy NAME" .. is not Jesus

Now that this identity mistake has been sorted out. What in fact is the Hallowed name of "The Father" of Jesus .. as oppossed to the Father of the Pharisees ?
The Trinity is the doctrine that God is one being who revealed himself to the world as three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit. These three persons share the same divine nature and are equally eternal and divine, but they are not three gods. Instead, they are one true God in essence or nature. The Trinity is believed to exist within God's inner

This is quite simple to understand

Sargonski

The Trinity is the doctrine that God is one being who revealed himself to the world as three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit. These three persons share the same divine nature and are equally eternal and divine, but they are not three gods. Instead, they are one true God in essence or nature. The Trinity is believed to exist within God's inner

This is quite simple to understand

I am not talking about some man made commentary by corrupt 4th century Popes trying to justify the dictates of Emperor Constantine .. on the divinity of Christ.

OK ?? KKKKK ?? The discussion is about what Jesus has to say on the matter .. and what is obvious .. is that you have no idea what Jesus thought of his own Godhood.. and while this was muchly debated among the early Christians .. the nature of the divinity of Jesus .. One thing that was not debated was that Jesus was not "The Father" .. and from scripture it is very Obvious that Jesus is not the God of Jesus .. that Jesus is not "The Father" .. a father whose Hallowed Name" you apparently do not know.. Right !?

Now nothing simpler than that King-P .. what is the "Hallowed Name" of the God of Jesus ? Can sort this trinity nonsense out easily once you come up with a name for us .. identify who this God of Jesus is.

Sup King .. "knock knock" - "who is there" -- "God" -- "God who" :)

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I am not talking about some man made commentary by corrupt 4th century Popes trying to justify the dictates of Emperor Constantine .. on the divinity of Christ.

OK ?? KKKKK ?? The discussion is about what Jesus has to say on the matter .. and what is obvious .. is that you have no idea what Jesus thought of his own Godhood.. and while this was muchly debated among the early Christians .. the nature of the divinity of Jesus .. One thing that was not debated was that Jesus was not "The Father" .. and from scripture it is very Obvious that Jesus is not the God of Jesus .. that Jesus is not "The Father" .. a father whose Hallowed Name" you apparently do not know.. Right !?

Now nothing simpler than that King-P .. what is the "Hallowed Name" of the God of Jesus ? Can sort this trinity nonsense out easily once you come up with a name for us .. identify who this God of Jesus is.

I didn’t know Jesus had to say something to make it true. Keep it simple. All three of them make up God. Without one, the other wouldn’t exist. What’s that tell you? Without God, there is no Jesus and without Jesus, there is no God. Think about it.

Jimmy

Veteran Member

I didn’t know Jesus had to say something to make it true. Keep it simple. All three of them make up God. Without one, the other wouldn’t exist. What’s that tell you? Without God, there is no Jesus and without Jesus, there is no God. Think about it.

oh, and by the way, isn’t it all man-made commentary?

Jimmy

Veteran Member

Definition of hallowed- God is holy—that is, He is not common and ordinary like you and me; He is awe-inspiringly unique in His goodness and power. That is what “holy” means: set apart, awesome, uniquely wonderful.

Um…. I think Jesus qualifies.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
John 10:30 I and the Father are one.”
John 10:29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all [...] 30 I and the Father are one."

That's not a claim to be God. That's a claim to be one with God, and clearly distinguishes God, who "is greater than all" from the speaker, Jesus.

And while we're in John ─

John 5:19 “the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing”

John 5:30 “I can do nothing on my own authority; as I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.”

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me ...

John 8:42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.

John 10:25 Jesus answered them, “... 29 My Father ... is greater than all”.

John 14:6 “No one comes to the Father but by me.” (Incompatible with triune concept,)

John 17:3 “And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.”

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, “[...] go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”​

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it’s obvious he is God along with god and the Holy Spirit.
You're entitled to think as pleases you, of course.

However, since all five versions of Jesus in the NT deny that they're God ─ see Jesus Failed Right? for quotes ─ and never claim to be God, I'm inclined to disagree with you.

Efforts to promote Jesus to God status began early, in the 2nd century CE. The Trinity notion doesn't become official until the 4th century, but meanwhile various ways of making it happen were argued. The one they came up with, the existing "Trinity doctrine", is "a mystery in the strict sense", and a mystery in the strict sense in that it "can neither be known by unaided human reason apart from revelation, nor cogently demonstrated by reason once it has been revealed." It will occur to you, perhaps, that this is a long way of saying it's a nonsense.

Sargonski

Definition of hallowed- God is holy—that is, He is not common and ordinary like you and me; He is awe-inspiringly unique in His goodness and power. That is what “holy” means: set apart, awesome, uniquely wonderful.

Um…. I think Jesus qualifies.

For something so simple ... you are sure having trouble understanding .. deflection in every direction .. upholding the decepticon deception .. Trying to paint Lord Jesus with the man made brush .. the hands of man .. under the influence of the dark side of the force .. looking to supplant and usurp the position of the Logos.

The question is not whether Lord Jesus qualifies as divine or Holy .. The question is what is the Hallowed" or Holy if you wish .. name of the God who Jesus refers to as "The Father" .. surely you are not suggesting the name of the God who Forsakes Jesus is HeyZeus .. ?!

Ye have little respect for the Most High .. nor his beloved Son .. Sir King-P aka blasphemer of the Holy Spirit - I have seen this act before - the unforgivable Sin .. Get behind me - "ye Parasees who's Father is The Devil" sayeth the Lord.

Who is "The Father" of the Pharisee's Jesus is referring to King-P ? -- and who is "The Father" that forsakes Jesus ?

Need some names here friend ? Know you naught the almighty Father ? nor the name of the dark Father. .. which is kind of important that we distinguish between the two don't you think ?

:):):)

Jimmy

Veteran Member
For something so simple ... you are sure having trouble understanding .. deflection in every direction .. upholding the decepticon deception .. Trying to paint Lord Jesus with the man made brush .. the hands of man .. under the influence of the dark side of the force .. looking to supplant and usurp the position of the Logos.

The question is not whether Lord Jesus qualifies as divine or Holy .. The question is what is the Hallowed" or Holy if you wish .. name of the God who Jesus refers to as "The Father" .. surely you are not suggesting the name of the God who Forsakes Jesus is HeyZeus .. ?!

Ye have little respect for the Most High .. nor his beloved Son .. Sir King-P aka blasphemer of the Holy Spirit - I have seen this act before - the unforgivable Sin .. Get behind me - "ye Parasees who's Father is The Devil" sayeth the Lord.

Who is "The Father" of the Pharisee's Jesus is referring to King-P ? -- and who is "The Father" that forsakes Jesus ?

Need some names here friend ? Know you naught the almighty Father ? nor the name of the dark Father. .. which is kind of important that we distinguish between the two don't you think ?

:):):)
Okee dokee

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn’t know Jesus had to say something to make it true
Although it all takes place in the realms of imagination, requiring it to be written in the original book is about as close to a reality check as we're likely to get.

Last edited:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
You said this was simple friend .. but you are unable to answer the simple question .. what is the name of the God of Jesus ? the God who forsake him in the end .. How is it that you do not know the name of your God friend .. "Okee kokee" :)
Wasnt his name Billy?

Betho_br

John 14:10 (20) King James Version
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

The first to see this relationship was Basil the Great.

These are the only citations that prove the doctrine of the Trinity when interpreted as an eternal relationship between the Father and the Son; supported by the trinitarian formulas contained in the Christian Bible (New Testament).

All other cases in the Christian Bible have already been refuted, either by punctuation or because Theos (God/god) can also be a correlate of Elohim, that is, only divine and not the Almighty God. Below I will give some examples...

Last edited:

Betho_br

the God who forsake him in the end...

The biblical verses Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:24 record crucial moments during the crucifixion of Jesus. In Matthew 27:46, Jesus exclaims, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which is translated as "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" In Mark 15:24, it is mentioned that they cast lots to divide Jesus' garments. To understand these verses, it is essential to consider the broader context of the Scriptures.

Looking at Psalm 22, which Jesus quotes on the cross, we see that it begins with a profound lament where the psalmist expresses distress and a sense of abandonment. However, the psalm does not end in despair; on the contrary, as we progress through the verses, there is a change in tone.

In Psalm 22:24, we read, "For he has not despised or abhorred the affliction of the afflicted, and he has not hidden his face from him, but has heard, when he cried to him." This is a powerful statement highlighting God's faithfulness in responding to the cry of the afflicted. The context of the final verses of Psalm 22 (from verse 23 to 31) is one of praise and trust in God, acknowledging His sovereignty and providence.

Therefore, considering Jesus' quotation of Psalm 22 on the cross, we can interpret that He was expressing the deep agony of feeling separated from God in the midst of suffering. However, the complete understanding of Psalm 22, especially when read to the end, emphasizes that God did not forsake the afflicted, and the situation eventually turns into praise and trust in divine faithfulness.

Furthermore, the New Testament provides additional insights. In John 16:32, Jesus speaks to the disciples about the impending hour of the cross, stating, "Behold, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me." This statement highlights God's constant presence even in the most challenging moments of Jesus' life.

Therefore, considering the broader context of the Scriptures, we can conclude that God did not abandon Jesus on the cross, and the quotation from Psalm 22 reflects Jesus' profound anguish but also points to confidence in divine faithfulness, as expressed in the subsequent verses of that Psalm and in other passages of the Christian Bible (New Testament).

Betho_br

In the verses John 1:49 and John 20:28, we can observe a significant difference in how Nathanael and Thomas refer to Jesus. Analyzing the two verses:

John 1:49 (New International Version):
"Then Nathanael declared, 'Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.'"

John 20:28 (New International Version):
"Thomas said to him, 'My Lord and my God!'"

The inclusion of "you are" in John 1:49 is important because it makes an explicit statement about Jesus' identity, recognizing him as "the Son of God" and "the king of Israel." This direct acknowledgment of his divinity and kingship is clear and unmistakable.

On the other hand, in John 20:28, the exclusion of the phrase "you are" creates a different structure. Thomas, upon seeing the resurrected Jesus, exclaims, "My Lord and my God!" This exclamation can be interpreted as a recognition of who Jesus is, but without the explicit structure of "you are," which can make the declaration less direct.

This difference is significant because:

1. Weakening of the Declaration: Without "you are," Thomas's phrase can be seen as an expression of awe or a personal acclamation rather than a clear doctrinal statement. While Nathanael makes a clear and direct affirmation of Jesus' identity, Thomas makes an exclamation that, though powerful, can be viewed as more subjective.

2. Use of Hebrew and Greek Titles: The word "Lord" (κύριος in Greek, correlating to the Hebrew term "Adoni") is often used in the Hebrew Bible to refer to human lords. The word "God" (θεός in Greek, correlating to the Hebrew "Elohim") can also be used for human magistrates. Thus, Thomas's phrase "My Lord and my God!" could, in certain contexts, be interpreted as less emphatic regarding Jesus' absolute divinity.

The author of the Gospel of John was aware of these linguistic and theological nuances. The choice to include or exclude "you are" in different contexts reflects a deliberate intention in how to present the disciples' declarations of faith. While John 1:49 presents a robust and explicit confession of faith, John 20:28, with its exclamation, offers a more emotional and immediate experience of recognizing Jesus' identity.

Betho_br

Pliny the Younger, the Roman governor of Bithynia and Pontus (now in modern-day Turkey), wrote a letter to Emperor Trajan around 112 AD, seeking advice on how to deal with the early Christian community. The letter (Epistulae X.96) details an account of how Pliny conducted trials of alleged Christians who appeared before him as a result of anonymous accusations and asks the Emperor for guidance on how they should be treated. 1 and 2. Pliny then details the practices of the Christians: he says that they gather on a certain day before dawn, where they meet and sing hymns to Christ as to a god.

1. Wikipedia.
  2. The Early Christian Church Volume 1 by Philip Carrington (Aug 11, 2011) ISBN 0521166411 Cambridge Univ Press page 429
  3. Ir para:a b c Pagan Rome and the Early Christians by Stephen Benko (1 Jul 1986) ISBN 0253203856 pages 5-7
This is what the entire Christian Bible (New Testament) is about, except for John 14:10, 20 (according to each person's interpretation) and the Trinitarian formulas in Paul: The veneration of a Christological Elohim in all His fullness according to the Law and the Prophets. Jesus is the Messiah and also the "Word" of the Almighty God.