• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

jimb

Premium Member
Jehovah God is total righteous without sin. So God had to send Jesus in the likeness of sinful man to take the fall and be a sin offering. Romans 8:1 God sent his Son in the likeness of sinful man to become a sin offering.
"... in the likeness of sinful man"

jimb

Premium Member
'God/Gad' is the name of a semitic deity of fortune.

That is what appeared to have happened but they failed. The prophetic support for such an event doesn't exist and there is a distinction between the righteous servant and the crucified man.

Righteousness is a translation of the Hebrew word for justice. It's unjust to punish the innocent. Paul's doctrine is unreliable because of Paul's defective character as evidenced by his persecution of the disciples, his false testimony and slander, his conflict with James, and his description in prophecy.
Paul's defective character??? Saul persecuted Jesus' disciples, until Jesus dealt with him directly. Paul wrote more of the New Testament -- God's Word -- than anyone else and is widely considered to be the greatest apostle. You can slander him all you want, but you are clearly wrong.

Betho_br

Levitical priests must be holy to their God and must not profane the name of their God. Because they present the food offerings to the Lord, the food of their God, they are to be holy.

This doesn't apply to anyone else. Therefore, your claim that "traditional Christianity doesn't comprehend the set-apart (translated as holy)" is not relevant. a) Therefore, it doesn't follow that therefore, traditional Christians (not Christianity) don't understand holiness. b) The Old Covenant, including the sacrificial system, is not relevant for Christians.

In the New Testament, a) all Christians are part of God's family and b) only specific people, for example, apostles, were set apart for specific tasks.
Acts 9:31
New International Version
Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.

Acts 21:20
New International Version
When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law.

Betho_br

Paul's defective character??? Saul persecuted Jesus' disciples, until Jesus dealt with him directly. Paul wrote more of the New Testament -- God's Word -- than anyone else and is widely considered to be the greatest apostle. You can slander him all you want, but you are clearly wrong.
Yes, there are conflicts, it has already been seen right here on the forum, in addition to variants, misinterpretations and translations. This is not slander. We know that Paul instituted government in Christian assemblies.

Saul/Paul

Last edited:

Betho_br

Betho_br said:
John 1:49 Young's Literal Translation
Nathanael answered and saith to him, `Rabbi, thou art the Son of God, thou art the king of Israel.'

There is of course nothing in 1 John ─ nothing in the NT ─ that suggests either that Jesus is God, or that the Ghost is God, let alone that both are. The closest it gets is in the case of Jesus in John 20:28. where Thomas calls Jesus "My Lord and my God". However his remark is not affirmed in any way and conflicts with the denials of Jesus that he's God, found in Paul and all four gospels.

John 20:28 New International Version
Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

1) Lord = YHWH; theos = God

2) Lord = Adoni
It never refers to God, but always to a human superior. (occasionally an "angel" messenger) and my "theos" = god (elohim, a king, son of kings, a priest, a divine magistrate.)

It is an ambiguous expression with several interpretations, with several polysemantic terms. Choosing one interpretation does not indicate that it will be true.

And this expression was still fragile due to the lack of "thou art" existing by the same author in John 1:49.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Betho_br said:
John 1:49 Young's Literal Translation
Nathanael answered and saith to him, `Rabbi, thou art the Son of God, thou art the king of Israel.'

John 20:28 New International Version
Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

1) Lord = YHWH; theos = God

2) Lord = Adoni
It never refers to God, but always to a human superior. (occasionally an "angel" messenger) and my "theos" = god (elohim, a king, son of kings, a priest, a divine magistrate.)

It is an ambiguous expression with several interpretations, with several polysemantic terms. Choosing one interpretation does not indicate that it will be true.

And this expression was still fragile due to the lack of "thou art" existing by the same author in John 1:49.
Again, the word God can be taken in various ways. It does not mean that Jesus is his Father. Or that he is equal to his Father.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I understand you’re a Jehovah and don’t believe this.
The fact that @Hockeycowboy is a JW is a red herring.

A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important issue.[1] It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences towards a false conclusion. A red herring might be intentionally used, such as in mystery fiction or as part of rhetorical strategies (e.g. in politics), or it could be inadvertently used during argumentation.

So the questions he asked still stand, and remain unanswered.

Show me where the Bible says “God in the flesh”, please.

Because I can show you, twice, where the Bible says, “No one has ever seen God .”
John 1:18
&
1 John 4:12.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Again, the word God can be taken in various ways. It does not mean that Jesus is his Father. Or that he is equal to his Father.
Jesus said that the Father was greater than He was and that we are supposed to worship God the Father, not Jesus the Son.
I consider it reprehensible that Trinitarion Christians worship Jesus, as Jesus did not want to be worshiped.
Moreover, Jesus is not the Lord, God is the Lord.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, 'Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Jesus said that the Father was greater than He was and that we are supposed to worship God the Father, not Jesus the Son.
I consider it reprehensible that Trinitarion Christians worship Jesus, as Jesus did not want to be worshiped.
Moreover, Jesus is not the Lord, God is the Lord.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, 'Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
I'd like to go over this with you another time because there are gradations to the words and I do agree that Jesus directed worship and love to his Father. But of course, the Father gave Jesus great authority. So it's an interesting concept. I hope to go over more with you about this later, right now gotta leave the apartment. :)

When Adam sinned the body also became sin. That is why God had to send Jesus in the likeness of sinful man to take the fall. God is total righteous without sin. So he could not even come in the flesh because the flesh is also sin. Study the Bible fully to understand the truth of God.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
The fact that @Hockeycowboy is a JW is a red herring.

A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important issue.[1] It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences towards a false conclusion. A red herring might be intentionally used, such as in mystery fiction or as part of rhetorical strategies (e.g. in politics), or it could be inadvertently used during argumentation.

So the questions he asked still stand, and remain unanswered.

Show me where the Bible says “God in the flesh”, please.

Because I can show you, twice, where the Bible says, “No one has ever seen God .”
John 1:18
&
1 John 4:12.
  • I and the Father are one: (John 10:30)
  • Before Abraham was, I am
  • If you've seen me, you've seen the Father

Jehovah God is greater then Jesus, Jesus does not even know when the end will happen. Only the Father knows. When Jesus went back to heaven he sits at the right hand of the Father. Are worship to Jesus is dying for our sins and giving all man kind a chance to seek the Father and obey him. The end is getting closer and closer. So one needs to seek God and obey God. not argue about God and Jesus for they are both equal in love to all men.

When you are one with God, you stand on the same belief as God does and follow him. Jesus is one with God because he also believes the same as the Father in love and righteous. When you are ready to be baptised and obey God you will also become one with the Father and the Son. Those who do not study the whole bible are lost. They chose verses from the bible and then add their own words to them. that are faults.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
NONE of those mean that Jesus is God. Only God is God.
  • I and the Father are one: (John 10:30) - That means that Jesus and the God are one in their purpose and they both have the Holy Spirit.
  • Before Abraham was, I am - That means that the soul of Jesus existed in the spiritual world before Abraham was born in this world.
  • If you've seen me, you've seen the Father - That means that Jesus was a mirror image of His Father since he had the same attributes as the Father. An image of something is an image, it is not the same as the entity it reflects.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
NONE of those mean that Jesus is God. Only God is God.
  • I and the Father are one: (John 10:30) - That means that Jesus and the God are one in their purpose and they both have the Holy Spirit.
  • Before Abraham was, I am - That means that the soul of Jesus existed in the spiritual world before Abraham was born in this world.
  • If you've seen me, you've seen the Father - That means that Jesus was a mirror image of His Father since he had the same attributes as the Father. An image of something is an image, it is not the same as the entity it reflects.
How many times we gonna go back and forth with this? I’m done

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
These are very good scriptures, but really think about it, what are we trying to determine? Does the bible teach the Trinity?

• The Bible over a 100 times uses the words [ son ] and [ father ] when talking about Jesus and his father, this would be considered a Bible teaching. 100% Bible teaching! John 3:16 Jesus is called God's one and only son. Do we believe this? I do!
  • The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one God Co-equal and Co-eternal to each other, is [ not ] a Bible teaching. Why? because the Bible does not mention it even one time! This would [ not ] be considered a Bible teaching! [ Zero % Bible teaching! ]

Last edited: