• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Aramaic Bible in plain English
But even if we or an Angel from Heaven should evangelize you outside of that which we have evangelized you, we or he would be damned; 9 Just as I said to you from the first and now again I say to you, that if anyone evangelizes you outside of what you have received, he shall be damned. -Gal 1:8-9

Contemporary English Version
I pray that God will punish anyone who preaches anything different from our message to you! It doesn't matter if that person is one of us or an angel from heaven. 9 I have said it before, and I will say it again. I hope God will punish anyone who preaches anything different from what you have already believed. -Gal 1:8-9

Literal Standard Version
but even if we or a messenger out of Heaven may proclaim good news to you different from what we proclaimed to you—let him be accursed! 9 As we have said before, and now say again: if anyone may proclaim to you good news different from what you received—let him be accursed! -Gal 1:8-9

NSB(i) 8 If we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any message other than that which we preached to you, let him be accursed (condemned) (expelled). 9 We said before and now I say again, if any man preaches to you any message other than what you received, let him be accursed! Gal 1:8-9

Rotherham(i) 8 But, even if, we, or, a messenger out of heaven, announce a glad–message [unto you] aside from that which we announced unto you, accursed, let him be! 9 As we have said before, even now, again, I say: If anyone is announcing unto you a glad–message aside from that which ye accepted, accursed, let him be! -Gal 1:8-9

2 John 1:9-11
9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work. NIV

John 14:6 Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
You said you were going to put together some of your best reasons why you feel your holy scriptures are inspired.
All you posted were scriptures, not reasons to believe your holy scriptures are inspired.

What happened?

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
The sense in which John's Jesus is one with the Father is explained, for example, in John 17. John's Jesus, like Paul's, but unlike the synoptic three, pre-existed in heaven with God, created the material universe (because their gnostic version of God was exquisitely pure spirit who'd never dream of dealing with materiality) and therefore came to earth to be the bridge between man and God. Note however that all five versions of Jesus in the NT expressly deny that they're God ─ I set out some of the quotes here >Jesus Failed Right?<.
I read all the scriptures on your link. Very good scriptures.

walt

You said you were going to put together some of your best reasons why you feel your holy scriptures are inspired.
All you posted were scriptures, not reasons to believe your holy scriptures are inspired.

What happened?
Scriptures are my best reasons for me, to determine anything! There has been other people that have received a revelation from God through an angel, Jesus never said that this was going to take place.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Scriptures are my best reasons to determine anything!
But why you feel your holy scriptures are inspired by God? That was the question
There has been other people that have received a revelation from God through an angel, Jesus never said that this was going to take place.
Jesus did say that someone would come in the future, the Comforter/Spirit of truth.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

It's too bad that Christians have misunderstood what Jesus said, so they think these verses mean something they do not mean.

cataway

That doesn't mean that Jesus is not the creator!

Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
John 1:3, regarding Jesus: All things were created by him, and apart from him not one thing was created that has been created."

Clearly, the Bible says that JESUS is the creator
many years ago i worked for a construction company called APTCO .who gets credit for the building ? APTCO did . i did what i was told to do yet APTCO gets all the credit . the big guy that owns the company may not even know how to swing a hammer yet he gets to say he built it .

walt

The reason I believe they are inspired is because I believe that Baha'u'llah was a messenger of God who was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

The reason I believe that Baha'u'llah was a messenger of God is because of the evidence that established the truth of His testimony.

“Say: The first and foremost testimony establishing His truth is His own Self. Next to this testimony is His Revelation. For whoso faileth to recognize either the one or the other He hath established the words He hath revealed as proof of His reality and truth. This is, verily, an evidence of His tender mercy unto men. He hath endowed every soul with the capacity to recognize the signs of God. How could He, otherwise, have fulfilled His testimony unto men, if ye be of them that ponder His Cause in their hearts. He will never deal unjustly with any one, neither will He task a soul beyond its power. He, verily, is the Compassionate, the All-Merciful.”

His own Self is who He was, His character (His qualities). That can be determined by reading about Him on books such as the following: The Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh, Volumes 1-4

His Revelation is what He accomplished (His Mission on earth/ the history of His Cause)
That can be determined by reading about His mission on books such as the following:

God Passes By (1844-1944)
The Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh, Volumes 1-4, which cover the 40 years of His Mission, from 1853-1892.

The words He hath revealed is what He wrote an be found in books that are posted online: The Works of Bahá'u'lláh

The fact that Baha'u'llah fulfilled all the Bible prophecies is like icing on the cake. That proves to me He was the Messiah and the return of Christ. Those prophecies and how they were fulfilled are delineated in the following book: William Sears, Thief in the Night

The fact that Baha'u'llah predicted many events that later came to pass is also icing on the cake. That proves to me that He could see into the future, so He had prophetic powers. Some of these predictions and how they came to pass are listed and delineated in this book: The Challenge of Baha'u'llah

Can anyone possibly Know If the Bible is Inspired?

Some parts begin with such phrases as “the words of Nehemiah,” “the vision of Isaiah,” and “the word of Yahweh that occurred to Joel.”—Nehemiah 1:1; Isaiah 1:1; Joel 1:1.

Prophets who wrote the Hebrew Scriptures proclaimed more than 300 times: “This is what Yahweh has said.” (Amos 1:3; Micah 2:3; Nahum 1:12) Other writers received God’s message through angels.—Zechariah 1:7, 9.

Still why do I believe The words are inspired?

I look to see if it is scientifically accurate?

The Bible simply stated (in about the year 1473 B.C.E.): “[God is] hanging the earth upon nothing.” (Job 26:7) In the original Hebrew, the word for “nothing” used here means “not any thing,”

The Bible’s accurate statement predated Aristotle by over 1,100 years. Yet, Aristotle’s views continued to be taught as fact for some 2,000 years after his death! Finally, in 1687 C.E., Sir Isaac Newton published his findings that the earth was held in space in relation to other heavenly objects by mutual attraction, that is, gravity. But that was close to 3,200 years after the Bible had stated that the earth is hanging “upon nothing.”

Astronomy: Some 2,700 years ago—long before people in general knew that the earth is round—the prophet Isaiah wrote: “There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth.” (Isaiah 40:22) The Hebrew word [ chugh ] here translated “circle,” may also be rendered “sphere.”

These are some scientific reasons, I will give some of my personal reasons in the next post

Last edited:

walt

No, I don't think that they can know, they can only believe.
Kind of exactly what you do with Baha'u'llah only believe!! You don't know! [ I don't know either ] so what I do? I put together a list of evidence, I will explain later. Thanks.

Aren't we all entitled to believe what we want to?

Last edited:

walt

No, I don't think that they can know, they can only believe.
I have noticed, my reasons may be important to me, but you may feel they're not important at all?

In the same way, your good reasons, I find are not that good In my opinion. I still respect your words of advice, we just might not agree?

walt

• Twelver Shi'ism is the largest branch of Shi'a Islam, with about 200–300 million followers worldwide. The Bahá'í faith emerged out of the Twelver Shi'ite Muslim community in Iran.
  • Seven different sects in Islam, namely Sunni, Shia, Whabbi, Salafi, Berelvi, Sufi and Deobandi (Seven Sects) have different perspectives on creativity in Islam.
  • There are several different types of Buddhism,
  • There are many different Christian denominations, with some estimates ranging up to 47,000:
  • There are many sects and traditions within Hinduism, including four major sects: Vaishnavism, Shaivism, Shaktism, and Smartism.
  • While there are around 10,000 distinct religions in the world, over three-quarters of the global population adheres to one of these four – Christianity (31%), Islam (24%), Hinduism (15%), and Buddhism (7%).
It sure looks like the whole world believes in 10,000 different ways?

Last edited:

walt

As many as 574 verses in the Old Testament that somehow point to or describe or reference the coming Messiah. Alfred Edersheim found 456 Old Testament verses referring to the Messiah or His times. Conservatively, Jesus fulfilled at least 300 prophecies in His earthly ministry.

walt

Good News to Be Proclaimed to All Nations
Prophecies:
“In all the nations the good news has to be preached first.” (Mark 13:10) “You will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the most distant part of the earth.”—Acts 1:8.

Fulfillment: Soon after Jesus’ death in 33 C.E., his disciples filled Jerusalem with the Kingdom message. They spread throughout Judea and nearby Samaria, and within 15 years, Christian missionaries had been sent to other parts of the Roman Empire. By the year 61 C.E., it could be said that the good news had been preached in many “distant” parts of the earth.

Prophecy:
“People will deliver you up to local courts, and you will be beaten in synagogues and be put on the stand before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them.”—Mark 13:9.

Fulfillment: Christians were persecuted by the Jews and the Romans. They suffered arrest, imprisonment, beatings, and execution.

What history reveals:

Flavius Josephus, a Jewish historian writing in the first century, records the execution of Jesus’ brother James at the hands of Jewish religious leaders. The Bible records that Gamaliel, a respected member of the Jewish high court, urged moderation when Jesus’ disciples were sentenced at trial. (Acts 5:34-39) Scholarly works confirm the existence of Gamaliel and say that he displayed an open mind.
Emperor Nero
Roman Emperors Nero, Domitian, Marcus Aurelius, and Diocletian instigated vicious persecution of early Christians

Historians tell us that beginning with Emperor Nero in 64 C.E., Roman emperors subjected Christians to waves of persecution. The correspondence between Emperor Trajan and Pliny the Younger discusses penalties for Christians who would not recant their faith.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
  • Twelver Shi'ism is the largest branch of Shi'a Islam, with about 200–300 million followers worldwide. The Bahá'í faith emerged out of the Twelver Shi'ite Muslim community in Iran.
  • Seven different sects in Islam, namely Sunni, Shia, Whabbi, Salafi, Berelvi, Sufi and Deobandi (Seven Sects) have different perspectives on creativity in Islam.
  • There are several different types of Buddhism,
  • There are many different Christian denominations, with some estimates ranging up to 47,000:
  • There are many sects and traditions within Hinduism, including four major sects: Vaishnavism, Shaivism, Shaktism, and Smartism.
  • While there are around 10,000 distinct religions in the world, over three-quarters of the global population adheres to one of these four – Christianity (31%), Islam (24%), Hinduism (15%), and Buddhism (7%).
It sure looks like the whole world believes in totally different ways! And I'll bet you most of them can explain to you why there faith is true?
I guess that many of those groups believe somehow the ones starting that religion was inspired. Interesting definition of inspired from Oxford Languages -
  1. of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse.
    "they had to thank the goalie for some inspired saves"
  2. (of air or another substance) that is breathed in.
    "inspired air must be humidified"

walt

Prophecy 1:
“Nation will rise against nation.”—Matthew 24:7.
Prophecy 2:
“There will be food shortages.”—Matthew 24:7.
Prophecy 3:
“There will be great earthquakes.”—Luke 21:11.
Prophecy 4:
“In one place after another pestilences.”—Luke 21:11.
Prophecy 5:
People will “betray one another and will hate one another. . . . The love of the greater number will cool off.”—Matthew 24:10, 12.
Prophecy 6:
“Men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, . . . having no natural affection.”—2 Timothy 3:2, 3.
Prophecy 7:
“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth.”—Matthew 24:14.

Some could say all these things have happened in the past, but we can see with our own eyes all these things are happening right now, all at the
same-time. All these bad things, a large number of earthquakes, and a massive global preaching work.

What does terrible bad things have in common with earthquakes and preaching work? Nothing! They don't have anything in common!
Even if some of these things happened In the past, why are we eye-witnessing all of them happening at the same time? Some 2,000 years after they were predicted?

Last edited:

jimb

Premium Member
You have a Jewish background, Why do all the Jewish religions since the time of Moses Believe this one thing: One God One Person?
Because they have ignored God's Messiah. There are many people, not just the Jews, who reject Jesus.

At the seder dinner each year, the door is opened to let in the prophet to announce the Messiah's coming. VERY SAD!

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Because they have ignored God's Messiah. There are many people, not just the Jews, who reject Jesus.

At the seder dinner each year, the door is opened to let in the prophet to announce the Messiah's coming. VERY SAD!
God's Messiah? Did the 3 persongods you believe in send the messiah?

walt

Hi Jimb could you help me out, I'm looking for more really good reasons why I can prove The Bible's words are inspired by God, could you please help me out here?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Sister could you help me out with some really good reasons why we know the Bible is inspired by God?
Can I answer?

When a person learns who the True God is, which is Jesus’ Father (John 17:3; John 4:23), the God of the ancient Israelites and the Jews, whom Jesus himself worshipped (John 20:17), the person begins to appreciate the Bible is Jesus’ Fathers’ Word.
Jesus’ statement @ Luke 10:21 has more meaning, then.

Then, Jesus’ Father — ie., Jehovah God — blesses those who turn to Him in worship. This results in Him giving them His spirit, the fruitage of which “is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, mildness, faith, and self-control.” — Galatians 5:22-23

As a group, these qualities overflow among Jehovah’s worshippers.
Why? Because of striving to live by His principles, found in His Word.

Worshipping only Jehovah (as stated in Exodus 20:2-5), through Christ (John 14:6; Romans 5:10,11);
avoiding behaviors & activities the Bible denounces (1 Cor. 6:9,10); and showing love not only to God (1 John 5:3; Matthew 7:21) but also to spiritual brothers, strangers, and even enemies (John 15:12: Matthew 22:37-39; Matthew 5:44)….. The Bible tells us the “distinction” would be obvious to those looking.— Malachi 3:17,18. See John 13:35, “all will know…”

This difference is observed around the world!

I hope I answered your question… maybe from an angle you weren’t expecting.

Last edited: