• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Because both statements are valid. To understand these concepts, a person needs to know what Baha'u'llah said about the twin stations of a Messenger from God.

This also has many other detailed explanations, the Kitab-i-iqan by Baha'u'llah explains all this in greater detail.

Regards Tony
You said: God was known by all the Messengers Names prior to Jesus.
The way you stated that sounded like those Messengers were God.

Obviously, that is how @jimb interpreted what you said because he replied with:
There is nothing in the Bible that says that Noah, Abraham, Moses, or anyone else was God!

@jimb was correct.

The twofold nature of Messengers means that they had a human nature and a divine nature, but it does not mean they were God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Are you okay? My post is not "a private interpretation", it is a declarative statement of fact.
You said: When Jesus became a human, He seemed to give up His divine status in order to achieve a specific purpose: to be a sacrifice for all human sin.

That is definitely not a fact. It is a private interpretation.
Going by your logic, your statement is ALSO a private interpretation. In fact, all statements regarding Jesus, Scripture, etc. are private interpretations.
That is correct. What @TransmutingSoul stated was also a private interpretation.
Do you think that when you make the statement "this is who Jesus was" you're stating objective truth???
I don't think it was an objective truth. I think it was a private interpretation
Or does your absurd rule apply to others only?
The rule applies to everyone.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
"Anyone who loves Jesus and his Father, is a friend of mine for life and I consider this person like a brother or sister, to me I don't care if they believe a different way." @Kenny has started me down a path of friendship and kindness..

I welcome any positive conversation, something we can agree on, that builds up both of us. I would be happy to have a conversation with anyone. :sparklingheart:

Last edited:

jimb

Premium Member
That is a private interpretation, what does Jesus say about such interpretions?

Peter answered that jesus was an Annointed One, that is what Messiah and Christ mean, this is who Jesus was and that needs no Interpretation as it was known what those words meant.

Regards Tony
Unless interpretations are generated by computer, they are all personal interpretations.

Peter said that Jesus was “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16)

He did not say "that jesus was an Annointed One" (which is supposed to read Jesus (capitalized) was the anointed one).

BTW, why don't you pay attention to spelling and capitalization??

P.S. Jesus said nothing about "interpretions", whatever they are.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Unless interpretations are generated by computer, they are all personal interpretations.

Peter said that Jesus was “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16)

He did not say "that jesus was an Annointed One" (which is supposed to read Jesus (capitalized) was the anointed one).

BTW, why don't you pay attention to spelling and capitalization??

P.S. Jesus said nothing about "interpretions", whatever they are.
You do realise that Christ and Messiah both mean "Annointed One".

"..In the original New Testament Greek, it's christos, which is a translation of the Hebrew word mashiach, from which we get our word Messiah. It's a word that means “Anointed One.” So, when we say “Jesus Christ,” what we're actually saying is “Jesus the Messiah,” or “Jesus the Anointed One” (“anointed” meaning “chosen”).

As to regards interpretations by computer, God help us all.

Regards Tony

jimb

Premium Member
You do realise that Christ and Messiah both mean "Annointed One".

"..In the original New Testament Greek, it's christos, which is a translation of the Hebrew word mashiach, from which we get our word Messiah. It's a word that means “Anointed One.” So, when we say “Jesus Christ,” what we're actually saying is “Jesus the Messiah,” or “Jesus the Anointed One” (“anointed” meaning “chosen”).

As to regards interpretations by computer, God help us all.

Regards Tony
"Anointed" does not mean "chosen". It means "dedicated to God" or "made sacred". Otherwise there would be many millions of people who have been chosen (for what)?

There is one Messiah.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"Anointed" does not mean "chosen". It means "dedicated to God" or "made sacred". Otherwise there would be many millions of people who have been chosen (for what)?

There is one Messiah.
A Google search on meaning of messiah in bible yielded the following.

anointed one

Messiah. 1. In Judaism and Christianity , the promised “anointed one” or Christ ; the Savior. Christians (see also Christian ) believe that Jesus was the Messiah who delivered mankind from original sin (see also original sin ). Jews (see also Jews ) believe that the Messiah has not yet come.
MESSIAH Definition & Meaning - Dictionary.co

What is the original meaning of Messiah?

anointed

messiah, (from Hebrew mashiaḥ, “anointed”), in Judaism, the expected king of the Davidic line who would deliver Israel from foreign bondage and restore the glories of its golden age.
Messiah | Definition, History, & Facts | Britannica

Jesus is the messiah for Christians but He is not the messiah for the Jews, since Jesus did not deliver Israel from foreign bondage and restore the glories of its golden age.

Jesus is the messiah for Baha'is but Jesus is not the messiah of the latter days since Jesus did not fulfill the OT prophecies that say what the messiah of the latter days will do. Baha'u'llah fulfilled those prophecies so Jesus is not going to return and re-fulfill them. That is aside from the fact that before Jesus ascended to heaven, Jesus said he is no more in this world.

jimb

Premium Member
This 55 minute video agrees with what You and I believe. It talks about What the Christians In the first three centuries actually believed, Before the Council of Nicaea 325 AD

Anyone afraid of truth, should not watch this video.

Anyone afraid of truth, should not watch this video? :sweatsmile:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Anyone afraid of truth, should not watch this video.
Anyone afraid of truth, should not watch the video I just posted on my new thread.

walt

Anyone afraid of truth, should not watch this video? :sweatsmile:
When somebody tells me that their way is more correct, I instantly take action, and look at all the scriptures they say supports their belief.

If they have a video, I don't hesitate to watch it, If it has reliable information, but I won't know If it's reliable If I don't watch the video in the first place.

I thrive on challenges, I love them, because after I do the first one, I recognize they're not such a big deal in the first place!

I don't like to settle for what I believe already, I like to prove what I believe is true, constantly more and more each day, It makes me stronger.

walt

Anyone afraid of truth, should not watch the video I just posted on my new thread.

I watched the whole video.

I could make a video pointing to a bunch of reasons to destroy your faith, but I don't go on this forum to destroy people's faith.

I believe in the Bible and I believe it teaches God is one and God is one person, and I cite scriptures that teach this. I would never try to destroy a person's belief in Christianity or a person's belief in Jesus, If you gave me $10,000 I could not do that.

Sorry if I have said something that was negative about another person's beliefs, I will continue to keep trying not to do that. I know it's hard for me in a debate, I will continue to try to improve on presenting scriptures In a positive and kind way.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I watched the whole video.

I could make a video pointing to a bunch of reasons to destroy your faith, but I don't go on this forum to destroy people's faith.

I would never try to destroy a person's belief in Christianity or a person's belief in Jesus, If you gave me $10,000 I could not do that.
That is certainly NOT why I posted the video. I posted it because "I" believe it is true and factual information.
I am not out to destroy anyone's faith or beliefs.

walt

That is certainly NOT why I posted the video. I posted it because "I" believe it is true and factual information.
I am not out to destroy anyone's faith or beliefs.
When different people write down things throughout our history, does that make it factual information? In the history books about Christianity in the first three centuries, Christians were divided in 100 different Christian faiths, and a bunch of people were not even Christians, and guess what every one of them had in common? Everybody thought the other person was a heretic, practicing false doctrine.

If you gave me your two main reasons why you believe in your holy scriptures and I gave you my two main reasons why I believe in my holy scriptures, do you really feel the information or facts, will make a difference to either one of us? Aren't we still going to believe what we think is true?

Historian Celsus Said that Christianity had divided into 100 different groups, There was different Jewish groups, different Greek groups, different Roman groups, and many more and they all thought the other guy was a heretic.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When different people write down things throughout our history, does that make it factual information?
No, not necessarily. It is not factual unless it is known to have happened or proved to be true.

Fact: something that actually exists; reality; truth:

Fact: something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information:

Fact: a thing that is known or proved to be true.
In the history books about Christianity in the first three centuries, Christians were divided in 100 different Christian faiths, and a bunch of people were not even Christians, and guess what every one of them had in common? Everybody thought the other person was a heretic, practicing false doctrine.
I don't know anything about these books so I cannot say if they are factual or not
If you gave me your two main reasons why you believe in your holy scriptures and I gave you my two main reasons why I believe in my holy scriptures, do you really feel the information or facts, will make a difference to either one of us? Aren't we still going to believe what we think is true?
Information and facts mean a lot to me and they make a difference to me. I would not believe what I believe about Bahaullah without information and facts. I explained that in a post back in April of 2021.

walt

No, not necessarily. It is not factual unless it is known to have happened or proved to be true.

Fact: something that actually exists; reality; truth:

Fact: something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information:

Fact: a thing that is known or proved to be true.

I don't know anything about these books so I cannot say if they are factual or not

Information and facts mean a lot to me and they make a difference to me. I would not believe what I believe about Bahaullah without information and facts. I explained that in a post back in April of 2021.

Perfect example, I make a comment you disagree and correct each sentence that I say. It's hard to see the value of talking about anything?

How are people going to listen to any of your information, If you pick a part there's?

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Perfect example, I make a comment you disagree and correct each sentence that I say. It's hard to see the value of talking about anything?

How are people going to listen to any of your information, If you pick a part there's?
I do not see where I disagreed or corrected anything you said.

jimb

Premium Member
When somebody tells me that their way is more correct, I instantly take action, and look at all the scriptures they say supports their belief.

If they have a video, I don't hesitate to watch it, If it has reliable information, but I won't know If it's reliable If I don't watch the video in the first place.

I thrive on challenges, I love them, because after I do the first one, I recognize they're not such a big deal in the first place!

I don't like to settle for what I believe already, I like to prove what I believe is true, constantly more and more each day, It makes me stronger.
The video is an hour long! I don't have the time to watch it all.