• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Where does it say that Noah is God? Or Abraham? Or Moses? Or anyone other than Jesus?
Noah, Moses, and Abraham were not God, they were prophets of God.
Where does it say that Jesus is God? Or anyone other than Jesus, a prophet of God?

Jesus referred to Himself as a prophet, and was so regarded. Jesus never referred to Himself as God.

Matthew 13:57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

Luke 13:33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.

Matthew 21:11 And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.

Luke 7:16 And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Where does it say that Noah is God? Or Abraham? Or Moses? Or anyone other than Jesus?
No Messenger, or Prophet, or Manifestation has said they are God, they all say they have declared God unto us and that no one comes to God but via their Revelation and all we know of God is only via the Messenger, or Prophet, or Manifestation. That is said in one way or another.

Then on the other hand, it is not unreasonable if they did claim to be God, as they are all we actually know of God. Their humility though is boundless, so they say they are but men like us.

All other sources, that have claimed they speak for God, are false Messiahs, and there are multitudes that are false.

Regards Tony

cataway

LOL! I and every other person, is body, soul, and spirit. Similarly. God is the Trinity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

It saddens me that your reasoning is so limited. Your predetermined philosophy is blinding you!
what happens to a man when soul, and spirit is separated ?

jimb

Premium Member
No Messenger, or Prophet, or Manifestation has said they are God, they all say they have declared God unto us and that no one comes to God but via their Revelation and all we know of God is only via the Messenger, or Prophet, or Manifestation. That is said in one way or another.

Then on the other hand, it is not unreasonable if they did claim to be God, as they are all we actually know of God. Their humility though is boundless, so they say they are but men like us.

All other sources, that have claimed they speak for God, are false Messiahs, and there are multitudes that are false.

Regards Tony
Then why did you write this in post #1378..?

God was known by all the Messengers Names prior to Jesus.

Noah
Abraham
Moses
And the many more

Regards Tony

jimb

Premium Member
BTW all, we have gotten far away from the OP, which declares "Jesus is not God". a) Of course the OP is nonsense, since Jesus is God. b) It's okay with me if we have changed the subject. I just wanted to point that out.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Then why did you write this in post #1378..?

God was known by all the Messengers Names prior to Jesus.

Noah
Abraham
Moses
And the many more

Regards Tony
Because both statements are valid. To understand these concepts, a person needs ro know what Baha'u'llah said about the twin stations of a Messenger from God.

This also has many other detailed explanations, the Kitab-i-iqan by Baha'u'llah explains all this in greater detail.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
BTW all, we have gotten far away from the OP, which declares "Jesus is not God". a) Of course the OP is nonsense, since Jesus is God. b) It's okay with me if we have changed the subject. I just wanted to point that out.
If ask the same question Jesus asked Peter, why do you think your answer is different than Peter's?

Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

What was Peter's Answer? Jesus clarification is who Jesus was, as the Churxh was to be built on that knowledge.

Regards Tony

jimb

Premium Member
Because both statements are valid. To understand these concepts, a person needs ro know what Baha'u'llah said about the twin stations of a Messenger from God.

This also has many other detailed explanations, the Kitab-i-iqan by Baha'u'llah explains all this in greater detail.

Regards Tony
There is nothing in the Bible that says that Noah, Abraham, Moses, or anyone else was God! They were God's servants who followed His direction and wrote His words. The only person that was (and is) God is Jesus Christ.

To understand that concept, a person needs to know what the Bible clearly says, not what Baha'u'llah says. Unless of course you're of the the Baháʼí Faith, which is not Christianity.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

Regards Tony
I used to have God loves laughter, and I don't know what happened to that book. On the first page he wrote he was born on March 28th, 1911. I was born on March 28, 1951. What an honor! That was the extent of my conversation with him in San Antonio. I said "I share the same birthday as you, March 28th.". He said "so we do". I knew he was there before the hostess told us, just by looking at the back of his head.

jimb

Premium Member
If ask the same question Jesus asked Peter, why do you think your answer is different than Peter's?

Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

What was Peter's Answer? Jesus clarification is who Jesus was, as the Churxh was to be built on that knowledge.

Regards Tony
Matthew 16:16, "Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

When Jesus became a human, He seemed to give up His divine status in order to achieve a specific purpose: to be a sacrifice for all human sin.

BTW, why do you think that the Pharisees and Sadducees were so angry at Jesus?

John 5:16-22, "So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed. For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him."

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

Regards Tony
We just ordered God loves laughter from Amazon

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
We just ordered God loves laughter from Amazon
Wonderful book, full of humor and subtle introductions to the Baha'i teachings, rhis was my introduction to the Baha'i Faith, gifted to me by my wife, it changed my life completely and I became a Wiliam Sears introduced Baha'i. The second book I read was "Thief in the Night", also by William Sears, this cemented the faith I was introduced to, inclusive of the two knowledgeable Baha'i that had pioneered to Wanneroo Wetern Australia.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
I used to have God loves laughter, and I don't know what happened to that book. On the first page he wrote he was born on March 28th, 1911. I was born on March 28, 1951. What an honor! That was the extent of my conversation with him in San Antonio. I said "I share the same birthday as you, March 28th.". He said "so we do". I knew he was there before the hostess told us, just by looking at the back of his head.
I would have loved to meet William Sears, such passion, such spirit, such dedication.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Matthew 16:16, "Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

When Jesus became a human, He seemed to give up His divine status in order to achieve a specific purpose: to be a sacrifice for all human sin.
That is a private interpretation, what does Jesus say about such interpretions?

Peter answered that jesus was an Annointed One, that is what Messiah and Christ mean, this is who Jesus was and that needs no Interpretation as it was known what those words meant.

Regards Tony

jimb

Premium Member
That is a private interpretation, what does Jesus say about such interpretions?

Peter answered that jesus was an Annointed One, that is what Messiah and Christ mean, this is who Jesus was and that needs no Interpretation as it was known what those words meant.

Regards Tony
Are you okay? My post is not "a private interpretation", it is a declarative statement of fact.

Going by your logic, your statement is ALSO a private interpretation. In fact, all statements regarding Jesus, Scripture, etc. are private interpretations.

Do you think that when you make the statement "this is who Jesus was" you're stating objective truth???

Or does your absurd rule apply to others only?

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Are you okay? My post is not "a private interpretation", it is a declarative statement of fact.

Going by your logic, your statement is ALSO a private interpretation. In fact, all statements regarding Jesus, Scripture, etc. are private interpretations.

Do you think that when you make the statement "this is who Jesus was" you're stating objective truth???

Or does your absurd rule apply to others only?
I draw my responses from God given explanations, given after the Bible in the Quran and Baha'i Wrirings, therein lays the noticeable difference. It was Jesus that confirmed what Peter said. That jesus was an Annointed One, that is the fact recorded in the Book, and those passages have no other Authority of interpretation.

An annointed one is Annointed by God, and thus not God in the time it was used, this was seen as a great Leader that would complete specific tasks, none of what Jesus did.

What they are Annointed with, can be seen by us as being God, as that is the eternal Holy Spirit.

All the best, that is all I can offer for others to consider.

Regards Tony