• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

jimb

Premium Member
Oh, now it's 3 aspects of the one God. Not three persons, each person equal to the others, combining to be one God? So the combination of 3 godpersons is not one person, right? Or are all three persons in each person of the Trinity? No matter how you look at it, Jesus said he was one with the Father. Nothing there about being one with the Father and the holy spirit person, all equal to the others.
Why do you seize on one word? Okay, it's three persons, each person equal to the others, combining to be one God. I don't see how there is a difference between three aspects and three persons, each person equal to the others, combining to be one God.

Your misunderstanding of the Trinity is tragic. 2 Corinthians 4:4, "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers [you?], so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You said that the Qu'ran is "God's word through Muhammad." Therefore you believe the Qu'ran is God's word, right?
That would all depend upon what you mean by "God's word."

It is what God allegedly revealed to Muhammad.

What was the mode of revelation to the Prophet Muhammad?

- It is a revelation which came through Angel messenger. - The messenger is Jibril ,( the arch angel) who carried divine messages to prophets. - This mode is the highest form of revelation. - The Quran was revealed to the prophet through this mode( form).
Revelation of the holy Quran during the time of prophet Muhammad..

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Why do you seize on one word? Okay, it's three persons, each person equal to the others, combining to be one God. I don't see how there is a difference between three aspects and three persons, each person equal to the others, combining to be one God.

Your misunderstanding of the Trinity is tragic. 2 Corinthians 4:4, "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers [you?], so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."
You're confused what the image of God relays. As if an image is what it is reflecting. Have a nice day.

YoursTrue

That is correct. Christ is the image of God
Christ is NOT GOD because an image is not what it is imaging...

For example, my image in the mirror is not ME in the mirror, it is my image.
Christ was a perfect reflection of God, but he was not actually God.
So where's the dual nature you talk about?

YoursTrue

What translation did you use for that?

YoursTrue

That is correct. Christ is the image of God
Christ is NOT GOD because an image is not what it is imaging...

For example, my image in the mirror is not ME in the mirror, it is my image.
Christ was a perfect reflection of God, but he was not actually God.
I don't think you know what's correct or not.

YoursTrue

The three persons, did they come about at the same time? Or were these so called three persons each equal to the other forming three in one God always there? No beginning, no end?

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
The three persons, did they come about at the same time? Or were these so called three persons each equal to the other forming three in one God always be there? No beginning, no end?
There is no 3 persons.

There is God (Most Great Spirit)
There is the Holy Spirit (Christ, the Annointed one with the Holy Spirit)
There is the Annointed One (Jesus, a person)

Jesus is thus Christ, Annointed of God with the Holy Spirit, Jesus though born of the human Spirit was also born of the Holy Spirit. We are born of the human Spirit and require faith in Jesus as Christ, to be born again into the Holy Spirit. Jesus was already more than flesh, we need to choose to be more than flesh.

Regards Tony

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
You said: None of the scriptures say Jesus is not the Christ, or that there is a different christ inside just a plain man called Jesus who dies and then the so called "the christ, ha machiakh, or Al Masih" which is a separate being will return and he or it is not Jesus.

You are wrong about that.

The scriptures say it is a separate being who will return and he is not Jesus.

The scriptures say Christ will return with a new name, so we know he will not be called Jesus.

Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12-13 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches, yet what the Spirit said fell on deaf ears, because all the Christians are still waiting for Jesus to return.
Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12-13 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

I guess you didn't believe when me earlier I said only the last verses apply. Isaiah could have been referring to Christians, before this they were called Jews. Pondering the second quote, I'm not sure now, but it could be referring to a name that was private to the person, and nobody knew it. Or it's possible that you are right and the new name is Baha'i, or even Muslim, though it probably referred to Baha'i. The last one was referring to His name, not the persons name.

YoursTrue

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all 3 'aspects' of the one God but only the Father is God.

I believe in a Trinity, but I do not believe that the three persons were 'part of God' as the Trinitarians believe.
I'm not sure trinitarians believe the father, son,and holy Spirit are part of God as you say trinitarians believe.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You don't know that anyway you do not believe the Bible.
I do not need the Bible in order to know that Jesus had a dual nature, because I have the Writings of Baha'u'llah.

“Unto this subtle, this mysterious and ethereal Being He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual, which is born of the substance of God Himself. He hath, moreover, conferred upon Him a double station. The first station, which is related to His innermost reality, representeth Him as One Whose voice is the voice of God Himself. To this testifieth the tradition: “Manifold and mysterious is My relationship with God. I am He, Himself, and He is I, Myself, except that I am that I am, and He is that He is.” …. The second station is the human station, exemplified by the following verses: “I am but a man like you.” “Say, praise be to my Lord! Am I more than a man, an apostle?”

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You're confused what the image of God relays. As if an image is what it is reflecting. Have a nice day.
a representation of the external form of a person or thing in art.

Jesus is a representation of God but Jesus is not God.