• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Quote me the specific verse.

Thanks.
I'll give you three.

Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12-13 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

InChrist

Free4ever
Your words don't really apply! Because I am so much lower than Jesus was, and when I say my God it means my God.

When an everyday person says my God it means my God. The meaning does not change.
I agree, the meaning doesn’t change. Again, the Son was in human form when He said, My God. So of course He would and could address His Father as My God. As well, while on earth as a human man, Jesus was the example of how we humans should understand our relationship to God.
This does not negate the fact that Jesus is the Eternal Son. So I along with Thomas realized that Jesus is God…

And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” John 20:28

And agree with Paul, it was the Son is God/Jesus who interacted with Moses and the Hebrews in the OT…

Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, 2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
1 Corinthians 10:1-4

Last edited:

jimb

Premium Member
Your words don't really apply! Because I am so much lower than Jesus was, and when I say my God it means my God.

When a everyday person says my God it means my God. The meaning does not change.
Jesus, when He was on earth, was a human. So "my God" was appropriate. He was fully God before and is fully God after.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Which scriptures do you think I misinterpreted?
Those scriptures speak for themselves.

I thought you did not believe that Jesus is God.
Unfortunately you have things mixed up and because you continue to believe what you believe despite reasoning on the matter, all I can say is that I hope you have a good evening. Bye again. (Nothing personal.)

YoursTrue

I agree, the meaning doesn’t change. Again, the Son was in human form when He said, My God. So of course He would and could address His Father as My God. As well, while on earth as a human man, Jesus was the example of how we humans should understand our relationship to God.
This does not negate the fact that Jesus is the Eternal Son. So I along with Thomas realized that Jesus is God…

And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” John 20:28

And agree with Paul, it was the Son is God/Jesus who interacted with Moses and the Hebrews in the OT…

Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, 2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
1 Corinthians 10:1-4
Not quite. Jesus said that the Father is GREATER than he is. Remember? John 14:28 - "Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am." So no matter what others might think or call him, he helped the disciples to understand that they should be happy for him because he was going to the Father who is GREATER than he is. He did not change that.

YoursTrue

Jesus, when He was on earth, was a human. So "my God" was appropriate. He was fully God before and is fully God after.
If someone calls another his God, what does that mean? Remember, Jesus said he was going to the Father, and the Father is GREATER than he is. John 14:28 - "Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am."

InChrist

Free4ever
Not quite. Jesus said that the Father is GREATER than he is. Remember? John 14:28 - "Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am." So no matter what others might think or call him, he helped the disciples to understand that they should be happy for him because he was going to the Father who is GREATER than he is. He did not change that.
I am not sure why it’s so difficult for some to understand the plain teaching of the Bible concerning that the Son became flesh/human. Therefore, from His humbled, lowered position as a human it should be obvious and make perfect sense that He would call His Father in heaven Greater and/or God.

“John 14:28 is often taken out of context to allege that Jesus is not God: “If Jesus is God,” the critics say, “how is the Father greater than He?” The apostle John, however, insists that Jesus is God (John 1:1, 18; 5:16–18; 10:30; 20:28). John also insists that Jesus was obedient to His Father (John 4:34; 5:19–30; 8:29; 12:48–49). How do we resolve this perceived difficulty? Arians deny that Jesus is fully God, while Gnostics deny that Jesus is fully human. Both positions are unacceptable. Jesus is fully God and fully man. What, then, does Jesus mean when He says, “The Father is greater than I”?

First, the doctrine of the incarnation teaches that Jesus “emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross” (Philippians 2:6–7, ESV). Thus, “for a little while” (Hebrews 2:9), the Father was greater in glory and exaltation. The Father was greater in that He was not subject to pain and illness and death—the Son was. The Father was greater in that He did not live in weariness and poverty and humilitation—the Son did. The “greatness” spoken of in this verse relates to role, not to essence.”

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Unfortunately you have things mixed up and because you continue to believe what you believe despite reasoning on the matter, all I can say is that I hope you have a good evening. Bye again. (Nothing personal.)
This does not work. You say that I have things mixed up but you do not say what things I have mixed up and why they are mixed up.
Have you forgotten that this is a debate forum?

I will have to assume you have nothing to refute what I said.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Not all will understand what it says, even if they read the words. So have a nice evening.
Not all will understand what the Bible means, even if they read the words.

Christians are clueless regarding what the Bible means. That is obvious because Christians cannot even agree with each other.
Some Christians believe that Jesus is God, others believe that Jesus is not God.
Some Christians believe they are going to heaven for eternity, others believe they will spend eternity on earth.

It would be funny if it was not so sad.

Those who understand what the Bible means are the Baha'is, because Baha'u'llah unlocked the meaning of the Bible.

Daniel Chapter 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. 13 But go thou thy way till the end be; for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Misunderstanding and misinterpretation of the Bible has been a big problem since the Bible was recorded. Christians disagreed as to what the Bible meant and that is why there are so many different sects of Christianity. Christians have misinterpreted much of the Bible because they did not have the key to unlock the meaning, and that is understandable because it was prophesied in Daniel 12 that the Book would be sealed up until the time of the end, meaning nobody would really understand it.

Note that Dan 12:13 says "at the end of the days.” This chapter is about what will happen at the time of the end, when Christ returns.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

The 2,300 years came in 1844 and the book was unsealed by Baha’u’llah. That math is explained in Some Answered Questions.

Unsealing the Book means we can now understand what much of the Bible means that could never be understood before, by reading the Baha’i Writings, thus fulfilling the prophecy in Daniel 12:4 that knowledge shall be increased.

YoursTrue

Which scriptures do you think I misinterpreted?
Those scriptures speak for themselves.

I thought you did not believe that Jesus is God.
Let me get this straight with you, if possible. There is one TRUE GOD that Jesus spoke of. It was not himself. He did not say that the one "true God" is 3 in 1. Or that they are equal. He also said the Father is -- GREATER than he is. Remember? So here are a few thoughts for you to ponder over -- and have a really good day. :)
John 17:1-5
1When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You. 2For You granted Him authority over all people,a so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him. 3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent. 4I have glorified You on earth by accomplishing the work You gave Me to do. 5And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
You said: None of the scriptures say Jesus is not the Christ, or that there is a different christ inside just a plain man called Jesus who dies and then the so called "the christ, ha machiakh, or Al Masih" which is a separate being will return and he or it is not Jesus.

You are wrong about that.

The scriptures say it is a separate being who will return and he is not Jesus.

The scriptures say Christ will return with a new name, so we know he will not be called Jesus.

Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12-13 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches, yet what the Spirit said fell on deaf ears, because all the Christians are still waiting for Jesus to return.

I'll give you three.

How about the Qur'an? It's God's word to you correct?

Thanks.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Let me get this straight with you, if possible. There is one TRUE GOD that Jesus spoke of. It was not himself. He did not say that the one "true God" is 3 in 1. Or that they are equal. He also said the Father is -- GREATER than he is. Remember? So here are a few thoughts for you to ponder over -- and have a really good day. :)
I fully agree with all of the above.

jimb

Premium Member
John 17:1-5
1When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You. 2For You granted Him authority over all people,a so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him. 3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent. 4I have glorified You on earth by accomplishing the work You gave Me to do. 5And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed.
It's sad that you don't understand the concept of the Trinity: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all 3 aspects of the one God.