• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Where in the Bible does it say that "Jesus is not the return of Christ"?
John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
You did quote some vague verses, but you are rejecting specific verses mentioning Christ on the basis of "Jesus is not Christ". But the Bible calls him the Christ. Also, the Qur'an calls him the Christ.
I never said that Jesus is not the Christ. I only said that Jesus is not going to return to this world.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, has that happened yet? no.

The angel told Mary Jesus would Reign Over The House of Jacob. nothing more.

If you insist on quoting Baha'u'llah, that's fine for you, but that gives me evidence that you have a different gospel, a different teaching.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I never said that Jesus is not the Christ. I only said that Jesus is not going to return to this world.
Of course. But see, you did not read my post and respond to the actual question. So I am gonna cut and paste the actual question.

But the Bible calls him the Christ. Also, the Qur'an calls him the Christ.

None of the scriptures say Jesus is not the Christ, or that there is a different christ inside just a plain man called Jesus who dies and then the so called "the christ, ha machiakh, or Al Masih" which is a separate being will return and he or it is not Jesus.

You will not find a single verse in any of these texts that you as a Bahai believe in. Not one.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, has that happened yet? no.
No, it has not happened yet and it will never happen literally, the way Christians believe it will happen.
If you insist on quoting Baha'u'llah, that's fine for you, but that gives me evidence that you have a different gospel, a different teaching.
I do not have a different gospel, I have a different religion. Only Jesus has a gospel.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Of course. But see, you did not read my post and respond to the actual question. So I am gonna cut and paste the actual question.

But the Bible calls him the Christ. Also, the Qur'an calls him the Christ.

None of the scriptures say Jesus is not the Christ, or that there is a different christ inside just a plain man called Jesus who dies and then the so called "the christ, ha machiakh, or Al Masih" which is a separate being will return and he or it is not Jesus.

You will not find a single verse in any of these texts that you as a Bahai believe in. Not one.
I never said that Jesus is not the Christ.

walt

No, it has not happened yet and it will never happen literally, the way Christians believe it will happen.
who cares what anybody says, what the scripture say is the only thing that matters!
The Bible says Jesus will reign from the line of David the house of Jacob forever, you say this is not true, how can you possibly feel we have the same gospel or the same teaching?

I am quoting scripture and you disagree with each of the scriptures, why?

walt

I feel you have really good reasons to believe the way you do, you base your information on your holy scriptures. and what you can find in the Bible to agree with what you already believe. I don't do that! I don't listen to the words of anybody's holy scriptures. why? Because the Bible warns me not to!

I feel you have the perfect right to believe however you feel is more correct! :sparklingheart:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
who cares what anybody says, what the scripture say is the only thing that matters!
Scriptures do not say anything because they do not talk. Scriptures have to be read and interpreted by the reader.
The Bible says Jesus will reign from the line of David the house of Jacob forever, you say this is not true, how can you possibly feel we have the same gospel or the same teaching?
Luke 1:32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.

I already agreed with that when I said that Jesus will rule in heaven. Nowhere in those verses does it say Jesus will have a kingdom on Earth that will never end.
I am quoting scripture and you disagree with each of the scriptures, why?
The only thing I disagree with is YOUR INTERPRETATION of the scriptures.

In case you have not noticed Christians disagree with each other regarding INTERPRETATION of the scriptures.

walt

Maybe we agree more than we might think? God is going to set up a kingdom on earth right? But God himself is not going to come to the Earth right?

Does God have to come to the Earth to set up his kingdom? No. And Jesus doesn't have to come to the Earth either.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I feel you have really good reasons to believe the way you do, you base your information on your holy scriptures. and what you can find in the Bible to agree with what you already believe. I don't do that! I don't listen to the words of anybody's holy scriptures. why? Because the Bible warns me not to!
I base my information on my holy scriptures because I listen to the words of my holy scriptures.
You base your information on your holy scriptures because you listen to the words of your holy scriptures.

Other than the fact that we have two different sets of holy scriptures, what's the difference?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Maybe we agree more than we might think? God is going to set up a kingdom on earth right? But God himself is not going to come to the Earth right?
I agree on that.
Does God have to come to the Earth to set up his kingdom? No. And Jesus doesn't have to come to the Earth either.
I don't agree on that. Jesus would have to come to the Earth to set up his kingdom. How do you think Jesus could set up a kingdom from heaven?

walt

Why are you arguing on this point? Read the scripture if you understand English it shouldn't be that difficult.
I already agreed with that when I said that Jesus will rule in heaven. Nowhere in those verses does it say Jesus will have a kingdom on Earth that will never end.
I beg to differ, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.
The only thing I disagree with is YOUR INTERPRETATION of the scriptures.
I have a zero interpretation.. I understand Jacob's descendants forever.. that is not a interpretation.

Jacob's descendants are Earthly descendants, you are interpreting it's not a Earthly Kingdom, not me!

walt

I base my information on my holy scriptures because I listen to the words of my holy scriptures.
You base your information on your holy scriptures because you listen to the words of your holy scriptures.

Other than the fact that we have two different sets of holy scriptures, what's the difference?
A to Z mostly.

walt

I don't agree on that. Jesus would have to come to the Earth to set up his kingdom. How do you think Jesus could set up a kingdom from heaven?
Do you have the right to express what Jesus can and can't do? At Daniel 2:44

And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.

if God can set up a kingdom on earth from heaven, why is it such a big deal, for Jesus to do the same thing? I already agree with you Jesus is not coming down to the earth. but really Jesus does not have to do what we think, he can do whatever he thinks is best!

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Why are you arguing on this point? Read the scripture if you understand English it shouldn't be that difficult.

I beg to differ, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.

I have a zero interpretation.. I understand Jacob's descendants forever.. that is not a interpretation.

Jacob's descendants are Earthly descendants, you are interpreting it's not a Earthly Kingdom, not me!
You are free to believe whatever you want to believe and you will try to make the Bible say what you want to believe.

The Bible does not say that Jacob's descendants are Earthly descendants. Most of his descendants have died so they are in heaven.

walt

2 Peter 1:11 In fact, in this way you will be richly granted entrance into the everlasting Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Are the details the Bible does not mention really so important? :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do you have the right to express what Jesus can and can't do?
Do you have that right?
At Daniel 2:44

And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.
The verse says the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed;
The verse does not say Jesus of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed;
if God can set up a kingdom on earth from heaven, why is it such a big deal, for Jesus to do the same thing?
God did not set up a kingdom on earth from heaven. God sent Baha'u'llah to set up a kingdom on earth.
I already agree with you Jesus is not coming down to the earth. but really Jesus does not have to do what we think, he can do whatever he thinks is best!
I asked you HOW you think Jesus is going to set up a kingdom on earth from heaven.
Is Jesus going to wire telegrams, send messages via text, make phone calls?

Do you bother to think or do you just believe what your church teaches?

walt

You are free to believe whatever you want to believe and you will try to make the Bible say what you want to believe.

The Bible does not say that Jacob's descendants are Earthly descendants. Most of his descendants have died so they are in heaven.
  • Does it really matter the details of how Jesus sets up his kingdom?
  • Especially when the Bible doesn't explain exactly how he does it?