• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Eli G

Through His son, who was appointed as interpreter of His Writings,
Baha'u'llah declared that Jesus was the Messiah.
And did he also say that he is "His son, who was appointed as interpreter", of Jesus the Messiah? Or is that just of Bahais' authorship?

cataway

1 Corinthians 1:11 '' For some from the house of Chloʹe have informed me regarding you, my brothers, that there are dissensions among you.m 12 What I mean is this, that each one of you says: “I belong to Paul,” “But I to A·polʹlos,” “But I to Ceʹphas,” “But I to Christ.” 13 Is the Christ divided? Paul was not executed on the stake for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crisʹpuso and Gaʹius, 15 so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name. 16 Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephʹa·nas. As for the rest, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else. 17 For Christ sent me, not to baptize, but to declare the good news; and not with wisdom of speech, so that the torture stake of the Christ should not be made useless.''

the messenger is a no one yet the message is something . all we have heard you declare is that Baha'u'llah is some kind of saviour equal to Jesus . we know better

Eli G

Joseph Smith lived around the same time as Baha Ullah, though on a different side.

I wonder if they had met what the rhetoric would have been like between them. :oops:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
the messenger is a no one yet the message is something . all we have heard you declare is that Baha'u'llah is some kind of saviour equal to Jesus . we know better
I never said that Baha'u'llah was a savior. I know better. There is only one savior, and that is Jesus Christ.

Jesus said it is finished.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Why would we need to be saved twice?

Eli G

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In Mormon' version is: "our prophets complete what the Bible lacks and Jesus didn't say".
The Baha'i version is that Baha'u'llah came to reveal what will be necessary for people to build the kingdom of God on earth.
The Bible only mentions the kingdom of God on earth, but it contains no instructions for building it.

Eli G

Joseph Smith lived around the same time as Baha Ullah, though on a different side.

I wonder if they had met what the rhetoric would have been like between them. :oops:
Maybe like Lot and Abraham: "Just go east and I'll go west". :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Talking about BahaUllah with respect to Jesus you said that

... so I asked
To try to clarify this, Abdu'l-Baha was the eldest son of Baha'u'llah and the centre of His Covenant. He was appointed by Baha'u'llah to interpret the Writings of Baha'u'llah and explain a lot of Christian subjects.

Abdu'l-Baha said that Jesus was the Messiah and the Jews failed to recognize Him as such because they were blinded by their own idle fancies.

Eli G

Thanks for clarifying (???).

From what I have heard Bahais say, it sounds like they believe that the Kingdom of God will be achieved by humans on earth and not by the coming of Jesus. What do Bahais believe will happen when Jesus comes a second time, but to judge the world?

Imagine the following scene: the teacher is late in arriving and some students think they can teach the class. But when the teacher arrives he tells them to "Go sit down. What do you think you're doing?"

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
From what I have heard Bahais say, it sounds like they believe that the Kingdom of God will be achieved by humans on earth and not by the coming of Jesus.
That is partially correct. The Kingdom of God will be achieved by humans on earth, not by the coming of Jesus, but by the coming of Baha'u'llah, who was the return of Christ promised by Jesus.
What do Bahais believe will happen when Jesus comes a second time, but to judge the world?
Baha'is do not believe that Jesus is ever coming to earth a second time to judge the world.

Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament. Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world. That means that the return of Christ has to be another Person.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Imagine the following scene: the teacher is late in arriving and some students think they can teach the class. But when the teacher arrives he tells them to "Go sit down. What do you think you're doing?"
Jesus is never coming back to earth. There is absolutely no basis for that belief in the New Testament.

Eli G

Jesus is never coming back to earth. There is absolutely no basis for that belief in the New Testament.
Are you sure?

Matt. 25:31 “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35 For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably; 36 naked and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 In reply the King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat; and I was thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably; naked, but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me.’ 44 Then they too will answer with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Matt. 25:31 “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne.
I am absolutely sure. I even posted a thread about this some time ago.

Eli G

No, Baha'u'llah never glorified Himself. He glorified only God.
Oh, what I meant was that he was the one who said that HE and no one else was the one...

Jesus didn't glorified himself. God acknowledged him directly and several times in front of other humans, speaking with his own voice from heaven. That is why we have such confidence in him.

Instead, BahaUllah glorified himself.