• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jesus walked on earth

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Περὶ δὲ τῆς ἡμέρας ἐκείνης καὶ ὥρας οὐδεὶς οἶδεν, οὐδὲ οἱ ἄγγελοι τῶν οὐρανῶν, εἰ μὴ ὁ πατὴρ μου μόνος.
he says only the father. NOT his creations. the son and holy spirit are not mentioned.

In the widely renowned Nestle GNT 1904 the verse is quoted as ..
Περὶ δὲ τῆς ἡμέρας ἐκείνης καὶ ὥρας οὐδεὶς οἶδεν, οὐδὲ οἱ ἄγγελοι τῶν οὐρανῶν οὐδὲ ὁ Υἱός, εἰ μὴ ὁ Πατὴρ μόνος.

Why does yours exclude the highlighted words, which in English are "NOR the SON" ??

Can you post a link to the manuscript you're using?

syo

In the widely renowned Nestle GNT 1904 the verse is quoted as ..
Περὶ δὲ τῆς ἡμέρας ἐκείνης καὶ ὥρας οὐδεὶς οἶδεν, οὐδὲ οἱ ἄγγελοι τῶν οὐρανῶν οὐδὲ ὁ Υἱός, εἰ μὴ ὁ Πατὴρ μόνος.

Why does yours exclude the highlighted words, which in English are "NOR the SON" ??

Can you post a link to the manuscript you're using?
I have a book. but I can give you a link if you like.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
You're new if you think you know more about my faith than I do.
I know little about your faith, how's that. I'm probing the claims made by the op. If I'm so far off the mark, why not refute me using Scripture? Preferably with the words of Prophet Jesus pbuh as opposed to some later Greek writer if possible.

Akivah

the fact jesus was born, is the greatest sign of god's love. god created us and he didn't abandon us to our fates. he sent his only son so that we can be saved from our evil self and he gave meaning to our lives, that is living good so that we will enter the kingdom that will come. how can anyone reject jesus and his message of love?

The literary figure of jesus is a johnny-come-lately. We already had our visitation from G-d over a thousand years earlier and received Torah that G-d told us is Eternal. So any set of beliefs that comes afterwards that contradicts Torah is rejected out-of-hand.

DavidFirth

I know little about your faith, how's that. I'm probing the claims made by the op. If I'm so far off the mark, why not refute me using Scripture? Preferably with the words of Prophet Jesus pbuh as opposed to some later Greek writer if possible.

Been there and done that. Muslims typically don't listen to scripture and don't believe it so using it doesn't particularly help. It would be like me taking the Koran and showing you that something you think it says is wrong. I have no desire to deal with a book I believe to be written by a false prophet.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
What manuscript is it taken from, as it doesn't conform to any of the ones used by main stream Christianity. Your's translated reads something like;

36 On the day of her day and on the day of her father, she is the fathers of the fathers, in honor of my Father alone;

Father ALONE. Jesus pbuh nor the Holy Spirit are the Father. I'd still like to know the source of this citation though, the website doesn't give much away.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
The literary figure of jesus is a johnny-come-lately. We already had our visitation from G-d over a thousand years earlier and received Torah that G-d told us is Eternal. So any set of beliefs that comes afterwards that contradicts Torah is rejected out-of-hand.
Many First Century Jews disagree with you. The NT records them asking if Jesus pbuh was the Messiah, Elijah or THAT Prophet, (deut 18:18).

I don't accept the NT to be 100% reliable or preserved, but it does appear to give insight into Jewish life and thought in the First Century.

btw just my observations, not wanting to turn this into another 3 way battle :/

syo

Father ALONE. Jesus pbuh nor the Holy Spirit are the Father.
he says only the father. NOT his creations. the son and holy spirit are not mentioned. the son and holy spirit don't need to be mentioned because it is father's will.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Been there and done that. Muslims typically don't listen to scripture and don't believe it so using it doesn't particularly help. It would be like me taking the Koran and showing you that something you think it says is wrong. I have no desire to deal with a book I believe to be written by a false prophet.
Yes false Prophet, but managed to accurately relay what really happened to Jesus pbuh in the First Century, ie never claimed to be God, or part of a Trinity, wasn't killed, crucified or rose from the dead.

Ask sincere ex Christians, which version of events sounds more likely, and what do Historical records show?

DavidFirth

Yes false Prophet, but managed to accurately relay what really happened to Jesus pbuh in the First Century, ie never claimed to be God, or part of a Trinity, wasn't killed, crucified or rose from the dead.

Ask sincere ex Christians, which version of events sounds more likely, and what do Historical records show?

Prove Mohammed was right and the Apostles were wrong. Don't bother, you can't.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
orthodox christianity. ortodox christians believe in only one orthodox christianity.
The Roman Catholic Church is orthodox Christianity. Their Councils decided with various other groups of Christianity on core issues of Doctrine. You can't come and invent a new version of Christianity, unless you can prove it was what Prophet Jesus pbuh taught.