• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jesus walked on earth

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Do Muslims find the need to prove god and the validity of their scriptures and defend it like christians?
Not really on the proving God part, as that is human nature for most people, acceptance that something more than this physical realm exists. Defending Scripture, yes because the Qur'an is the speech of God.

This also means any sincere person can ask God a question and open the Qur'an on any random page, and start reading any verse. It will speak to the reader.

Ive never heard a Muslims view of proof of god and the quran. Ive only met christians protestants having that need. Catholics, muslims, and dharmic followers ive known are humble on the issues of "proof."
I joined the forum to correct misconceptions about Islam and naturally find myself debating various topics, but generally, no, Muslims don't seek out debates as you've noted.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Jesus never said he was three things. Church leaders made it up about four hundred years later. Also, there is no mention of the Trinity in the OT. It is a made up story to promote Christianity.
I'm told I need something called the 'Holy Spirit' before I can understand the Trinity.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
how can anyone reject jesus and his message of love?

That part is easy to accept. What's impossible to accept is that we are sinful in nature and need(ed) redeeming.

“The greatest sin is to call yourself a sinner. You are a child of God. Though gold be covered with mud for centuries, it remains gold. So the pure ‘gold’ of the soul can be covered over with the mud of delusion for aeons, but in its true nature it remains forever undefiled.” — Paramhansa Yogananda

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I just want to know why someone would not accept jesus.

Because there are other teachings that suit us better individually. While some of Jesus's teachings are noteworthy, such as the Sermon on the Mount, I find the Bhagavad Gita to be much more suitable for me.

Reactions: syo

QuestioningMind

the fact jesus was born, is the greatest sign of god's love. god created us and he didn't abandon us to our fates. he sent his only son so that we can be saved from our evil self and he gave meaning to our lives, that is living good so that we will enter the kingdom that will come. how can anyone reject jesus and his message of love?

"the fact jesus was born, is the greatest sign of god's love."

When you start off your post claiming as fact something that hasn't been proven, it makes whatever you write afterwards rather meaningless.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah, you do that. Considering you have no idea what Christianity really is, anyway.
Apparently the Christians don't, either, considering the myriad different denominations calling themselves Christian.
I'm told I need something called the 'Holy Spirit' before I can understand the Trinity.
Alas, you're out of luck, then. Spirits are forbidden Muslims.;)

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
all-knowing, benevolent, immortal, has no beginning and no end he is beyond time and greater than the universe, all-powerful, and absolutely just.

All knowing? Nope! He says he made mistakes, and has regrets.

Gen 6:6 And YAHWEH sighed with sorrow that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved to His heart.

Gen 6:7 And YAHWEH said, I will wipe off man whom I have created from the face of the earth, from man to beast, to the creeping thing and to the birds of the heavens; for I repent that I made them.

1Sa 15:10 And the word of Jehovah came to Samuel, saying,

1Sa 15:11 It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king; for he is turned away from following me, and hath not fulfilled my words. And Samuel was much grieved; and he cried to Jehovah all night.

Benevolent? According to the Bible he murders people, including innocent babies. Supposedly he gave those laws that allow owning women, sexual slavery, slavery, rape, murder of those different, etc.

Immortal - no beginning - no end? No proof of such.

All-powerful? What about that supposed devil he can't seem to get under control? All those other Gods? The fact "according to the Bible" that he couldn't get things right in the beginning - leading to sin, - or that he couldn't fix things at that point, rather then murdering millions of people later?

Absolutely just? NO WAY! The stories tell us otherwise. There is no "Just" in murdering innocent babies, and other people, for the sins of some. Think King David's baby.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
the fact jesus was born, is the greatest sign of god's love. god created us and he didn't abandon us to our fates. he sent his only son so that we can be saved from our evil self and he gave meaning to our lives, that is living good so that we will enter the kingdom that will come. how can anyone reject jesus and his message of love?
When you speak about your evil self, can you tell me more about that? How do you view yourself as evil, personally?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
the son and holy spirt interact with the creations and they are forbidden to reveal the hour, for the hour is father's will.

You are adding in things the Bible doesn't say.

I would suggest you start such sentences with - I believe ....

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
that's wrong translation. sorry.

Read this article which proves - Nor the son - was in the originals.

If you don't want to read the whole thing - just skim down to the conclusion.

https://bible.org/article/textual-problem-matthew-2436

"A curious textual problem occurs in Matt 24:36. The NA27/UBS 4 text reads Περὶ δὲ τῆς ἡμέρας ἐκείνης καὶ ὥρας οὐδεὶς οἶδεν, οὐδὲ οἱ ἄγγελοι τῶν οὐρανῶν οὐδὲ ὁ υἱός, εἰ μὴ ὁ πατὴρ μόνος1 (But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, except the Father alone). Many manuscripts (א1 L W f1 33 Ï), however, omit οὐδὲ ὁ υἱός. Perhaps the omission was a theologically motivated change in order to preserve Jesus’ omniscience...."

"Conclusion - External evidence clearly favors the inclusion of οὐδὲ ὁ υἱός in Matt 24:36. The reading is represented by the best and earliest manuscripts in א and B. It has good geographical distribution among the versions and the Fathers, and it has good genealogical solidarity among the Alexandrian and Western texttypes. ..."

syo

It wouldnt make sense for you to reject christ but why other people? Have you thought how their gods, morals, teachers, and experiences guide them and are right for them despite your wanting them to believe in jesus?
I don't want people to believe in jesus by force. I want to know why some people don't want to believe in jesus and his teachings. why do they choose to reject jesus? is jesus not good enough for them? is jesus's teachings full of flaws? I was taught christianity when I was a a kid and as an adult I rejected christianity to follow paganism. but there was no religious sentiment, so I rediscovered jesus and his teachings and now i'm a born again christian. i rejected jesus back then because i didn't understand his teachings fully.