• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joseph Smith - Prophet of God

Nymphs

The "mormon" religion should've listened to the LAST words of Jesus!

~"it is finished"

Meaning the Son of God didn't forget to tell us something or do something before ascending to Heaven... that would require some man to come along centuries later to add to the works of Jesus.

What about those that don't believe in the words of Jesus? ;)

Nymphs

That's fine, but it can't be both ways, imo. Any divinity or trinity is deity/divine therefore Godhead.

What do you mean?

Jesus was a man. Joseph Smith was not a prophet.

I'm not asking for either way.

Just stating my opinion.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I said I'm done with you. Your blatant attempt at trying to attack me personally instead of addressing the issue of Joseph Smith as prophet is noted.

Bye now. :rolleyes:

Ah.
So you are more interested in running tail tucked than offering any support for your bold empty claims?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The "mormon" religion should've listened to the LAST words of Jesus!

~"it is finished"
I believe Christ's words, "It is finished" were referring to his atoning sacrifice, period. If you believe otherwise, you must assume that the work carried on by His chosen Apostles was "something He forgot to do before ascending to Heaven."

Meaning the Son of God didn't forget to tell us something or do something before ascending to Heaven... that would require some man to come along centuries later to add to the works of Jesus.
You appear not to understand the claims of Mormonism very well. Mormons don't believe that the Son of God forgot to say or do anything. Mormons believe that Jesus Christ established His Church as part of His ministry, just as He said He was going to do. They also believe that that Church fell into apostasy after the deaths of the Apostles, just like Paul said would happen. They also believe Christ's original Church has been reestablished in this day and age. If there are differences between it and other Christian churches, the Son of God would hardly be the one to blame.