• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joseph Smith - Prophet of God

Nymphs

Yet you keep repeating the empty claim "there is no god" in this thread.

One wonders why you are so intent on changing the subject every time it is pointed out you have done nothing in this thread bu make empty claims?

Are you going to present an argument any time soon?

I've already presented it, no one has given proof.

Case closed.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Religion is free to define "marriage" however it wants.
However, religion is not free to shove its personal definition of "marriage" down everyone else's throat.

The government already "owns" the word marriage.
If religion ever really did have some "ownership" of the word, religion gave said ownership up long before same sex marriage became an issue with religion.

Was I shoving anything down anyone's throat??

Watchmen

Premium Member
I'm not.

Joseph Smith is not a prophet (no objective proof).

That's the simple answer to the question.

There is no proof for his claims. It isn't empty, it is the truth.

You didn't respond to my post about the varying methods to learn varying truths.

Nymphs

Are you claiming to be religion?

He is part of the most aggressive (in terms of converting) religion on the earth. What other church has such a large missionary force and has tactics that sometimes range on unethical to baptize and convert?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What other church has such a large missionary force and has tactics that sometimes range on unethical to baptize and convert?

Claiming that each individual is fully representative of the whole church is as asinine as his claiming I claimed he was shoving something down other peoples throats.

Nymphs

Claiming that each individual is fully representative of the whole church is as asinine as his claiming I claimed he was shoving something down other peoples throats.

If he is a temple-recommend carrying member, he is supporting those programs through his money (tithing). And I never claimed that, I just said he is part of a church that does those things. Don't put words in my mouth. :rolleyes:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
If he is a temple-recommend carrying member, he is supporting those programs through his money (tithing). And I never claimed that, I just said he is part of a church that does those things. Don't put words in my mouth. :rolleyes:

:facepalm:

Says the one who thinks making bold empty claims wins debates...

:rolleyes:

Nymphs

:facepalm:

Says the one who thinks making bold empty claims wins debates...

:rolleyes:

Never said that either -- you did.

Are you done?

If you think Joseph Smith is a Prophet, please by all means provide objective evidence that proves so. If not, quit the personal accusations.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Never said that either -- you did.

Are you done?

If you think Joseph Smith is a Prophet, please by all means provide objective evidence that proves so. If not, quit the personal accusations.

Still waiting for you to support your claims.

Not holding my breath mind you, just waiting.

Nymphs

Still waiting for you to support your claims.

Not holding my breath mind you, just waiting.

I don't need to provide claims, I'm not the one claiming he is a prophet. If they are going to claim something so extraordinary, they need to provide evidence. I'm just saying he isn't. And that evidence is clear. None of his prophecies came true, he didn't show any supernatural abilities (objectively), etc. There are many things he didn't do, now it is your turn to prove he was.

Unless you actually have an argument of why he was, there is nothing to discuss with you.

And personal insults, really? That's the sign of a great debater. :facepalm::rolleyes:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don't need to provide claims, I'm not the one claiming he is a prophet. If they are going to claim something so extraordinary, they need to provide evidence. I'm just saying he isn't. And that evidence is clear. None of his prophecies came true, he didn't show any supernatural abilities (objectively), etc. There are many things he didn't do, now it is your turn to prove he was.

Unless you actually have an argument of why he was, there is nothing to discuss with you.

And personal insults, really? That's the sign of a great debater. :facepalm::rolleyes:

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills

Watchmen

Premium Member
And you haven't given proof. ;)

The proof is in the spiritual knowledge that comes to my heart and mind, confirming that Joseph Smith was a prophet of god. As I explained (and you've ignored) there are different ways to learn different types of truth. God teaches through the spirit. If I want to learn about gravity, I'll use science.

Lyndale

Forgiven
Some men forget the words of Jesus when He said "It is Finished".

Seems like men think Jesus forgot to do something? Like God sent a faulty Gift, that couldn't fulfill it's promises?

Why would men think such things? Jesus forgot nothing.

Nymphs

The proof is in the spiritual knowledge that comes to my heart and mind, confirming that Joseph Smith was a prophet of god. As I explained (and you've ignored) there are different ways to learn different types of truth. God teaches through the spirit. If I want to learn about gravity, I'll use science.

So you admit there is no objective proof? That's all I'm looking for, an answer for that.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Some men forget the words of Jesus when He said "It is Finished".

Seems like men think Jesus forgot to do something? Like God sent a faulty Gift, that couldn't fulfill it's promises?

Why would men think such things? Jesus forgot nothing.

Jesus didn't forget anything and believing in modern day prophets like Joseph Smith doesn't take away from Jesus at all. avid spoke to is in the past, so why wouldn't he do so now?

Watchmen

Premium Member
So you admit there is no objective proof? That's all I'm looking for, an answer for that.

I admit we do not use the scientific method to learn of god. We use the spirit.

We do not use the spirit to learn about science. We use the scientific method.

It's very simple. Different methods of learning different types of truth.