• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

lady gaga is an abomination

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Well I agree so again I say why listen to a style of music that is very unimpressive and can only sell itself through sex. Not that music being sexy is wrong but when that is it's only selling venue then like I said what can't be sold with sex?
There's some truth in that with regard to most of American pop music all the way back to Elvis. Elvis was very sexual in his performances.

It's derivative, fun music that sells attitude and identity rather than musical talent. And its consumers don't care, and wouldn't know anyway.

As Paul Simon put it: "The music suffers, baby, when the music business thrives."

That being said, great music occasionally sneaks into the pop culture pipeline and oftentimes big hits are also great music. Can't say that I've listened to enough Lady Gaga to say one way or the other.

blackout

Violet.
But not like this style of music, right?

[youtube]pHCdS7O248g[/youtube]
YouTube - ‪Blondie - Rapture‬‏

Just figured out the entire chord progression in under 10 seconds.

Far more entertaining than Harold Campings Rapture. :yes:
Good groove to boot.
Vocal greatness? ? erm.....

When I was a kid in middle school I knew all the lyrics to that song.
I thought it was a hoot. :D

Stuff is what it is, you know?
Pop music is generally meant to be FUN.
And also sexy, yes.
But not usually great.

If I were judgemental and overly analyitical about all the music I hear,
I would hardly listen to ANYTHING. really.

I would miss out on a lot of fun.
I know, because I was a jazz snob for years.

Last edited:

washme

Doppelganger wrote:Elvis was very sexual in his performances.
*yip, the beginnings of the hollywood industry contorting the psychology of the masses through idol worship. Elvis was worshipped like an idol by all those carnally minded prototypical woman, shame. Also elvis and most hollywood idols become 'possessed' during their performances, swaying around in a hypnosis and its because the demons are moving through them and they love the rush, more then the love for God, shame once again

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
*yip, the beginnings of the hollywood industry contorting the psychology of the masses through idol worship. Elvis was worshipped like an idol by all those carnally minded prototypical woman, shame. Also elvis and most hollywood idols become 'possessed' during their performances, swaying around in a hypnosis and its because the demons are moving through them and they love the rush, more then the love for God, shame once again

Oh, that made me laugh.

Lady Gaga built a better mousetrap. Good for her.

doppelganger

That's nonsense. You see, you take a perfectly good avenue for social criticism and turn it into superstitious idiocy.

doppelganger

And for the record, humans are sexual animals. I daresay it's tied for the most important motivator in mammals generally (with "don't get killed").

Look in the mirror and ask yourself why you fear human sexuality. It's a very good question that will set you free.

I dare you. :yes:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
doppelgänger;2473574 said:
And for the record, humans are sexual animals. I daresay it's tied for the most important motivator in mammals generally (with "don't get killed").

Look in the mirror and ask yourself why you fear human sexuality. It's a very good question that will set you free.

I dare you. :yes:

*standing ovation* :clap

outhouse

Atheistically
im guessing bruces religion in south africa might be rather limited in the understanding and comprehending department's.

Also elvis and most hollywood idols become 'possessed' during their performances,

I believe he follows one of the more indigenous methods of christianity known in south africa

with no real understanding of "OUR" culture, I can see why he thinks as he does.

swaying around in a hypnosis and its because the demons are moving through them

while dance and cultural in parts of africa still contain hypnosis and demons , most western cultures are beyond that and find this method to be primitive thought for healing, dance, art or medicinal purposes. even when elvis was alive your description doesnt fit at all and is more a attack and insult to western culture then anything else.

why do you hate us???

Walkntune

doppelgänger;2473552 said:
There's some truth in that with regard to most of American pop music all the way back to Elvis. Elvis was very sexual in his performances.

It's derivative, fun music that sells attitude and identity rather than musical talent. And its consumers don't care, and wouldn't know anyway.

As Paul Simon put it: "The music suffers, baby, when the music business thrives."

That being said, great music occasionally sneaks into the pop culture pipeline and oftentimes big hits are also great music. Can't say that I've listened to enough Lady Gaga to say one way or the other.
Elvis did actually have a carisma that sold it self and could sell any kind of music vocally alone.Shoot he could sell Christmas albums. Although mainstreamers tried to
do the same to him as pop music does today.
So I agree with your post and I think Lady GaGa is doing the same. She sells what mainstreamers want which is sexual attitude and indentity but is far from what I would have classified as an accomplished musician.

I could not have said it better.

Walkntune

But not like this style of music, right?

[youtube]pHCdS7O248g[/youtube]
YouTube - ‪Blondie - Rapture‬‏

Just figured out the entire chord progression in under 10 seconds.

Far more entertaining than Harold Campings Rapture. :yes:
Good groove to boot.
Vocal greatness? ? erm.....

When I was a kid in middle school I knew all the lyrics to that song.
I thought it was a hoot. :D

Stuff is what it is, you know?
Pop music is generally meant to be FUN.
And also sexy, yes.
But not usually great.

If I were judgemental and overly analyitical about all the music I hear,
I would hardly listen to ANYTHING. really.

I would miss out on a lot of fun.
I know, because I was a jazz snob for years.
Never heard that before but it wasn't to impressive either from Blondie.
Sounded like mainstream also.
I am just saying I miss the days when vocals were sexy instead of using sex to sell plain vocals.
I always appreciated blondies voice in this
[youtube]WGU_4-5RaxU[/youtube]
YouTube - ‪Blondie - Heart Of Glass‬‏

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;2473552 said:
Absolutely right. There's a reason pop and rap overshadow other genres, and it's certainly not due to artistic merit. It's also why all the new rock music is coming from cookie-cutter clones and one hit wonders.

RitalinO.D.

Absolutely right. There's a reason pop and rap overshadow other genres, and it's certainly not due to artistic merit. It's also why all the new rock music is coming from cookie-cutter clones and one hit wonders.

No one makes music like Pink Floyd anymore.

Or Zepplin
Or The Who
Or Kansas
Or ACDC
Or Elton John

Everyone of those bands all had their very own sound, and you knew exactly who it was when you heard them. Nowadays, 90% of the music you hear on the radio all sounds the same, and it's all Pearl Jams fault. I won't blame Nirvana, because they had their own sound till 100 bands stole it.

RitalinO.D.

Well yea obviously, but I would be here all night if I were to list every great band from the past.

I picked those ones because they stick out in my mind as a few of my favorites.

MissAlice

Never heard that before but it wasn't to impressive either from Blondie.
Sounded like mainstream also.
I am just saying I miss the days when vocals were sexy instead of using sex to sell plain vocals.
I always appreciated blondies voice in this
[youtube]WGU_4-5RaxU[/youtube]
YouTube - ‪Blondie - Heart Of Glass‬‏

Ooh love Blondie. One of my all time favorite artists. I love most of the old school artists. :cool:

Not crazy so much about Lady Gaga's music but I do like many of the things she stands up for socially. My mom LOVES her to death. Whenever I'm with my mom it's like I'm with a teenager or twenty year old. She even has posters of her hanging. One time one of her friends came over whom she hadn't seen in several years. She asked if I was living with her as she saw all the Lady Gaga stuff among other things. :eek:

blackout

Violet.
I just would like to add
that performers hiding behind a 'sexual display',
are different from performers
making purposeful statements ABOUT sexuality
in their performance art.
As well there are those who are simply artful
at making an art OF their sexuality.
Burlesque artists for an example.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
As well,
people all hyped up over celebrity influence
on society regarding sexuality,
ought to realize that their chruches/religions
religious leaders and preacher 'rockstars;
do the EXACT same thing.

I cannot tell you the HELL my Roman Catholic upbringing
put me through as a woman, and a sexual being, for so many years.

You all vote as blocks too,
in an attempt to influence things YOUR way,
AGAINST PEOPLE who simply want to LIVE THEIR LIVES.
And believe it or not... YOUR WAY HURTS PEOPLE.

So why not get on down off your righteous high horses.

Why not allow people to BE,... WHO they ARE.
And you go be who YOU choose to be.
If your god is so all powerful, let him do the contending.
How's about you just do the loving.

Last edited: