• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

lady gaga is an abomination

Rakhel

Lady GaGa is a joke and could not sale anything without sex.Of course they use sex to sale everything so its easy to hide behind with her plain Jane voice and shallow lyrics.You can sale medicine for diarea using sex.
Now Blondie had a sexy voice that would move you.
That is true of most artists. It doesn't matter the venue or genre.

blackout

Violet.
Lady GaGa is a joke and could not sale anything without sex.Of course they use sex to sale everything so its easy to hide behind with her plain Jane voice and shallow lyrics.You can sale medicine for diarea using sex.

Did your religious label say christian?

anyway, like her pop music or not, she is no joke.
here....
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2464327-post25.html

it's post #25 of this very thread.
Just in case you missed it.

Her role as a social advocate is no joke either.

But if the laughter makes you feel good.....

blackout

Violet.

So does that mean that Blondie also used sex to 'move you' to buy her music?

"Rapture" was certainly a display of deep lyrical content. lolol!

outhouse

Atheistically
I think this thread is a joke

some of the responses are so ignorant its hard to believe people are that primitive.

Its called artistic freedom, some of you in other countries must be jealous.

She is not my cup of tea at all but I watched her in Saturday night live and thought she put on a good show.

Its called aristic freedom, you have the right to not listen or view it lol,,, If you dont have freedom to express yourself, I feel sorry for you.

Blasphemy? really. I think someone has a comprehending problem

washme

Ritalin wrote:Who knows...maybe the OP thinks she's the anti-christ.
*assumption is the mother of all f*#@ups. When did I even hint she might be?? The anti-christ will be a handsome musician and a real magician and the whole world will think he is the messiah because of his stature and might. But not everyone will be deceived by flattery and vain materialistic endeavours.
Wombat wrote:That's silly.......Michael Jackson was the anti-christ.
*its unfortunate that ppl still have time to waste talking non_sense.
Ultra wrote:I was simply pointing out that the only people calling Lady GaGa
an ABOMINATION would be ...
...Um people who love God, not lust flesh and transient materialism. Lady gagas god is mammon, its quite obvious unless you're stuck in 'their' world view!
&wrote:I mean WHO ELSE would use the word "ABOMINATION" to describe her
*um maybe all the angels in heaven who weren't kicked out of paradise with lucifer
&wrote:Not a "Whore of Babylon" kinda thing.
*um yip, the 'spirit of the whore of babel on' kinda thing. You cannot serve two masters, for you will love the one and hate the other. Lady gaga de-sensitises the masses. This morning I heard avril latest song. It goes like this: I'm was a good girl but now its time to play...I wanna go on a million dates... Etc etc
If you listen to the song you will undertand that through m-tv millions of young girls humm the song and they are conditioned to being promiscuous and untrustworthy adulteresses. Yip all we need is more infidelity, underage pregnancies and hiv! Hollywood brainwashes ppl, if you can't understand that then maybe its time to realize you're brainwashed! That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

blackout

Violet.
*assumption is the mother of all f*#@ups. When did I even hint she might be?? The anti-christ will be a handsome musician and a real magician and the whole world will think he is the messiah because of his stature and might. But not everyone will be deceived by flattery and vain materialistic endeavours.
...Um people who love God, not lust flesh and transient materialism. Lady gagas god is mammon, its quite obvious unless you're stuck in 'their' world view!
*um maybe all the angels in heaven who weren't kicked out of paradise with lucifer
*um yip, the 'spirit of the whore of babel on' kinda thing. You cannot serve two masters, for you will love the one and hate the other. Lady gaga de-sensitises the masses. This morning I heard avril latest song. It goes like this: I'm was a good girl but now its time to play...I wanna go on a million dates... Etc etc
If you listen to the song you will undertand that through m-tv millions of young girls humm the song and they are conditioned to being promiscuous and untrustworthy adulteresses. Yip all we need is more infidelity, underage pregnancies and hiv! Hollywood brainwashes ppl, if you can't understand that then maybe its time to realize you're brainwashed! That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

You can keep your brainwashed christian world-view.

You think Hollywood programmes people and religions/churches don't?

You've been brainwashed by a book and religious suggestion.
congratulations.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
This is hilarious. Gaga promoting....what, exactly? That we as a society ought to treat those of a different orientation exactly like the monogamous heterosexual? Oh the horror!! ;)

RitalinO.D.

Plain jane voice? You obviously haven't even heard her sing. She has anything but a plain voice. Try not to let your jealousy show too much. And BTW, it's sell not sale. Just tryin to help.

Originally Posted by washme

First off try using the quote feature. Your posts are a complete mess. Not trying to be mean here, but it really is a chore trying to read anything you post.

Secondly, your religious brainwashing is so obvious it's almost scary. Have your own opinion, not what you are told by the rest of the fundys.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
This is hilarious. Gaga promoting....what, exactly?
Well, to be honest, promoting herself, her record company and a variety of product sponsors who pay her for promoting them. And to the tune of a whole lotta money.

That said, I consider modern Islam's need to stifle expression and thought far more of an abomination than Lady Gaga, and no more pure in its intentions - which are to further its own power rather than bring any healing to the world.

As for Gaga, can't say that I've given her much thought and her music hasn't really caught my attention. I suspect she's symptomatic of what comes out of the American pop cultural pipeline these days, but if she's using a little of her fame to promote equal legal rights for homosexuals . . . well . . . at least she's doing something to try to the heal the world.

Last edited:

washme

Ultraviolet wrote:Did your religious label say christian?
*what a short sighted and one-sided statement! Do you know how many so-called christians listen to lady gaga? Millions. Yip there are millions of lost souls out there
&wrote:Her role as a social advocate is no joke either
*haha you still on about this crap. A social advocate hahahaa more like the town bicycle. If that's what you call advocacy then I'd hate to see what you call righteousness

Outhouse wrote:ts called artistic freedom, some of you in other countries must be jealous
*um bro no-one said she isn't free to sing about what she wants. She's got her 'artistic freedom'. What were saying is her words do more harm to an already brainwashed society then good. Why did the wench just leave christianity out of it, um coz she wants to irritate us, you know, like how the devil likes to flaunt perversity in Gods face!
&wrote:She is not my cup of tea at all but I watched her in Saturday night live and thought she put on a good show.
*well done you are brainwashed, give yourself a pat on the back for excercising your right to being free to making a dumb choice.

Ultraviolet wrote:You think Hollywood programmes people and religions/churches don't?
* when did I say churches don't??? I don't go to church because its not scriptural, its manmade. The whole earth is the church. Everyone knows priests are money swindlers. But did Jesus or any of His disciples take any money for speaking the truth? They didn't ask for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hello anyone out there, please take off your blinkers and see that there's a whole other world out there!

&wrote:You've been brainwashed by a book and religious suggestion.
congratulations
*A book that tells the good news of Gods love for chosen and elect. I wash my brain with the Spirit, you're more then welcome to wash your brain with spirits. I bet you looove alcohol ultra, am I right?

Its sad how the media has stereotyped ppl who call themselves christians. I follow God not 'the church'. If the devil deludes you into beliving a lie, that's your issue, I'm not trying to convert you, just prove how hypocritical you all are. This is definitely not a religious education forum, its the complete opposite infact, here people DON'T learn about God -how sad for you :)

outhouse

Atheistically
What were saying is her words do more harm to an already brainwashed society then good

see example above, its called a quote function. people catch on quickly and use this to make their post easier to read.

next ,,, can or cannot the song be taken or interpreted different ways and is it just your interpretation that is perverse.???

Why did the wench

who are you to call names and label someone. You loose all credibility with a statement like that

well done you are brainwashed

you dont know the first thing about me with your limited view on the subject at hand..

leave christianity out of it

christianity or any othe religion is open for artistic scrutiny. christianity is not inoccent and has negitive aspects that come along with it, like any other religion.

sad you cant deal with it

blackout

Violet.
Ultraviolet wrote:Did your religious label say christian?
*what a short sighted and one-sided statement! Do you know how many so-called christians listen to lady gaga? Millions. Yip there are millions of lost souls out there
&wrote:Her role as a social advocate is no joke either
*haha you still on about this crap. A social advocate hahahaa more like the town bicycle. If that's what you call advocacy then I'd hate to see what you call righteousness

I asked walkintune if he was Christian on account of his judgementally unloving tone.
I see you also speak in mocking and judgemental tones.
Now, I don't personally care,
but I think your Jesus might.

blackout

Violet.
Ah yes, you're an out of church zealot.

I used to be one of those as well.
I was a much nicer one however.
Thankfully I finally saw and moved beyond it.

Walkntune

Did your religious label say christian?

anyway, like her pop music or not, she is no joke.
here....
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2464327-post25.html

it's post #25 of this very thread.
Just in case you missed it.

Her role as a social advocate is no joke either.

But if the laughter makes you feel good.....
OK I gave her a fair listen. Sounded like a typical beatles progression that would run from a major to a major seventh to a dominant seventh to a sixth chord.This is what it sounds like i didn't learn the riff. And then she has an oportunity to pour her heart out in the song and just plays chompy chords with little walk downs. I was far from impressed.

blackout

Violet.
OK I gave her a fair listen. Sounded like a typical beatles progression that would run from a major to a major seventh to a dominant seventh to a sixth chord.This is what it sounds like i didn't learn the riff. And then she has an oportunity to pour her heart out in the song and just plays chompy chords with little walk downs. I was far from impressed.

Well honestly Walkntune,
what kind of chord progressions were you expecting?
The first one is a pop ballad. :shrug:
How many pop ballads do you know that are "impressive".

I think your first post said she had a plain jane voice.
Also, some comment about vapid lyrics?
And her need to hide behind sex appeal?
Now it's, "I'm not impressed with her chord progressions".
Got news for you,
I'm never impressed with ANY popular music chord progressions.

If I want to listen to chord progression mastery,
I listen to jazz or classical.

Walkntune

I asked walkintune if he was Christian on account of his judgementally unloving tone.
I see you also speak in mocking and judgemental tones.
Now, I don't personally care,
but I think your Jesus might.
Sorry if my tone sounded over judgmental but it is really out of the frustration of the great music going underground while this is what people classify as talent these days.
Lady GaGa borrowed a riff from the sixties, not only didn't add anything to it but actually didn't even play it as well and people call it great music.
As far as my Christian label well I don't think Jesus would have been impressed either.
Also I follow Jesus as I understand Him and not so much church doctrine.

Walkntune

Well honestly Walkntune,
what kind of chord progressions were you expecting?
The first one is a pop ballad. :shrug:
How many pop ballads do you know that are "impressive".

I think your first post said she had a plain jane voice.
Also, some comment about vapid lyrics?
And her need to hide behind sex appeal?
Now it's, "I'm not impressed with her chord progressions".
Got news for you,
I'm never impressed with ANY popular music chord progressions.

If I want to listen to chord progression mastery,
I listen to jazz or classical.

Well I agree so again I say why listen to a style of music that is very unimpressive and can only sell itself through sex. Not that music being sexy is wrong but when that is it's only selling venue then like I said what can't be sold with sex?