• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

lady gaga is an abomination

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I have noticed that LG seems to appeal primarily to women/girls, and gay men. Very much like Madonna throughout the 80s and 90s. I still say her music is without substance, or the ability to stand on it's own without the hype

Ah, yes. The typical pop music snob mentality. :p

I think we should armwrestle over which genre has more substance and settle it once and for all. ;)

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hanson
MMMMBop
I forget the year...1997? 98?

Wrong, Its:

Hanson

MMMBop (Just 3 Ms, not 4)

1996 and 1997.

As far as i see it i should get the frubal, not you. You might as well have not answered at all if this is the accuracy of your answers.

At best we should split the frubal.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Sorry, can't help it, as I am a musician myself.

Oh, don't apologize. It's your opinion. :hug:

Btw, UV is a musician. And I studied and performed classical and jazz piano for eight years, vocals for more than 20 years.

Ready to armwrestle now? :p

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Wrong, Its:

Hanson

MMMBop (Just 3 Ms, not 4)

1996 and 1997.

As far as i see it i should get the frubal, not you. You might as well have not answered at all if this is the accuracy of your answers.

At best we should split the frubal.

I answered first. I have a whip. And I'm cute.

I deserve the frubal, Mr Smarty-Pants. ;)

A

angellous_evangellous

Her lastest song isn't a metaphor. Its blasphemy!
God planed his seed and satan came at night and threw in his weed seeds amngst the wheat. And so the labourer came to the master asking if he should pull out the weeds. The master said no incase the wheat gets damaged, saying: let them grow up together and at harvest time collect the wheat into my storeroom and burn the weeds with unquencheable fire.
Now that is a metaphor. Lady gaga is a weed seed!!! No-one can change her filthy nature. And only weeds like weeds!

No more caffiene for you.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
People of all life dislike things, or people they really don't know about. I really had a dislike for Jerry Springer till I saw him in Dancing with the Stars and America's Got Talent. I believe now he's a really good guy although his show sucks.

Some of you might not like her music, but you at least have to give her props for what she stands for. Most musicians stand for nothing.

Other than Bono.:p

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Ah yes, the fundamentalist's approach to popular culture.

Let's see....according to the fundamentalist Christian church I grew up in, because I listened to (showing my age here) Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, and Jimi Hendrix, and because I watched prime time TV and popular movies, by now I should be a Satan worshiper, strung out on drugs, on my 5th marriage, and possibly also into some sort of Eastern mysticism.

Instead, here I am married to the same woman for 18 years, with two daughters, and have been a professional biologist since 1995. About the "worst" thing is that I'm not a Christian, although ironically the goofiness of the church I grew up in played a big part in me leaving the faith.

What most fundies don't realize is that popular culture only has marginal influence on most kids. You know what surveys show is the biggest influence on kids? Their parents. Oh sure, the kid may walk around the house singing Lady Gaga all day and have her posters up on the bedroom wall, but when it comes time to make major decisions, they're not thinking to themselves, "What would Lady Gaga do?"

About the only thing fundamentalists accomplish by freaking out over whatever the latest fad is, is making it that much more appealing. It's the "forbidden fruit" factor. So instead of protesting and complaining about Lady Gaga, spend some time with your kids. You'll have much, much more of an effect that way.