• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

lady gaga is an abomination

Duck

That meat dress makes me feel sick. But that is not because I have anything against lady gaga, it is because meat in general has that affect on me (happen to be a neurotic vegetarian). Her music, well, I don´t listen to it. Not terrible, just not what I like. To each their own I guess.

That sucks! People aren´t allowed to be who they are. And minorities shouldn´t have any rights, they should be bullied by us normal people so we can feel better about ourselves!

Kidding. Really, if that is what she stands for, then I like her.

You aren't alone in the feeling about the meat dress (and I am NOT a neurotic vegetarian).

Lady Gaga is pretty outspoken about LGBT issues, encouraging her fans to call/write/video conference with their Congressional reps regarding DADT, cancelling a deal with Target over their execs political donations to anti-lgbt candidates, and generally being an outspoken ally. Her music, while generally not my style, is acceptable pop/dance and no doubt will spawn many, many a dance anthem/gay anthem over her career. Despite her music not being my style generally, I have for the most part liked what I have heard.

As for the abomination allegations, well...meh.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
As much as I dislike pop-music, I think we need more sexually charged figures in society that also give to worthy causes.
And really, she is more of just a Madonna for a new generation.

Ozzy Osbourne did in fact bite off the head of a dove he was supposed to be releasing to symbolise peace.
Actually it was when he was meeting someone from the label company, and he did it because he was wasted on what was probably a super-cocktail of various drugs. And because of the reaction he got from doing it the first time, he did it again.
And during the Sabbath days, yes the lyrics were very much charged with an Occult message. I think it was Geezer that actually did follow it, and the song Black Sabbath is about a vision he had when a dark figure appeared before him during a ritual.

no-body

Are the mentally ill being given more access to computers now a days?

To be somewhat on topic, seems like we are going full circle back to the 80's of terrible things being in style again. I will get a hardy chuckle seeing this generation watch itself

"o-m-g" and "b-f-f" is as retarded as "totally rad" and "gag me with a spoon" But I digress.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

To be somewhat on topic, seems like we are going full circle back to the 80's of terrible things being in style again. I will get a hardy chuckle seeing this generation watch itself

"o-m-g" and "b-f-f" is as retarded as "totally rad" and "gag me with a spoon" But I digress.

The difference being almost nobody ever actually said "totally rad" and "gag me with a spoon."

gnomon

I'll just be happy when the supposedly new fad of "That's what she said" goes away. Heard it before. It was annoying then and even more annoying now that I'm entering mid-life crisis phase.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
As much as I dislike pop-music, I think we need more sexually charged figures in society that also give to worthy causes.
And really, she is more of just a Madonna for a new generation.

Actually it was when he was meeting someone from the label company, and he did it because he was wasted on what was probably a super-cocktail of various drugs. And because of the reaction he got from doing it the first time, he did it again.
And during the Sabbath days, yes the lyrics were very much charged with an Occult message. I think it was Geezer that actually did follow it, and the song Black Sabbath is about a vision he had when a dark figure appeared before him during a ritual.

Actually a large portion of the original Sabbath's song lyrics were very socially conscious and included anti-war and anti-heroine statements.

Lady GagMe's music is vapid and soul-less. She is the new Madonna(who's music was also vapid and soul-less)

Jacksnyte

Reverend
No...

Frubals to the first person who can identify the Band, Song, and Year.

I know who it is, but I won't be so cruel as to remind anyone of those little girls, er, boys. The singer/drummer probably got beat up a lot once he reached high school age!

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
I know who it is, but I won't be so cruel as to remind anyone of those little girls, er, boys. The singer/drummer probably got beat up a lot once he reached high school age!
That's the difference: I can be cruel at times...exceedingly so.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Hanson
MMMMBop
I forget the year...1997? 98?

Oh, and Gaga rules. :cool:

I have noticed that LG seems to appeal primarily to women/girls, and gay men. Very much like Madonna throughout the 80s and 90s. I still say her music is without substance, or the ability to stand on it's own without the hype