• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS letter on same-sex marriage

emiliano

Well, I'm so glad you figured that out. Now you need to understand that within those genders there are different sexual and affectional orientations.
BTW, I wasn't discussing lawsuits, I was defending my right to exist in this world and be who I am against your attacks. I do not follow your religion and I do not wish to be forced to by my government. It's as simple as that.

This is good, deferent affectional orientations, questions: is this natural? Should I be forced to accept this as such by a noisy minority? Do religious folks have rights? I believe in the concept of social contract, to live in societies demand that we surrender part of our of our liberties and submit to the will of the majority, to the moral standards of the majority, there are thing that I believe that are not believe by others, to resolve these problems we have popular consultations, that is what has happened over there, the majority has defined marriage/matrimony as the union between a man and a woman and the acceptable public moral standards are those expressed by that definition. It makes no difference that is an orientation it is still an unnatural orientation and is no comparable to what proposition 8 reaffirmed, the majority has said so for a second time. I do not follow your sexual orientation and do not wish to be forced by my government obeying to a noisy minority to change it to accommodate you. It’s that simple. You were told, No!:shout

1tim115

We tried flat earthers... At one time almost everyone believed the earth was flat...

How about at one time everyone or near everyone believed the entire universe rotated around earth....
Many still believe homosexuality is sin.
Seriously I do not know why you keep arguing this point.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
This is good, deferent affectional orientations, questions: is this natural? Should I be forced to accept this as such by a noisy minority? Do religious folks have rights? I believe in the concept of social contract, to live in societies demand that we surrender part of our of our liberties and submit to the will of the majority, to the moral standards of the majority, there are thing that I believe that are not believe by others, to resolve these problems we have popular consultations, that is what has happened over there, the majority has defined marriage/matrimony as the union between a man and a woman and the acceptable public moral standards are those expressed by that definition. It makes no difference that is an orientation it is still an unnatural orientation and is no comparable to what proposition 8 reaffirmed, the majority has said so for a second time. I do not follow your sexual orientation and do not wish to be forced by my government obeying to a noisy minority to change it to accommodate you. It’s that simple. You were told, No!:shout

You could have just said you were a fundamentalist homophobe without that drivle and the whole "majority wins" rubbish. Yes the majority wins. If the majority wanted to "Lynch Negros" would that also be the right thing to do? Of course not. If you don't like homosexuality because of your beliefs just say so, i don't think any less of you i just don't agree :)

Whats funny is you've probably never been the minority, so you havn't got a clue what its like to have less than equal rights. Neither do i, but im around a lot of homosexuals all the time. Maybe you should crawl out from under your rock and experience the world for what its worth?

1tim115

Very well put, thank you.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

Thats a pathetic reason to be against it. If i want to sin i should be allowed to. Why should religious practices dominate how i live my life, even if i hate everything to do with religion? Because religion has to try to enforce their view upon the world. Shame on them.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
We all know that minorities should be quiet and take whatever the majority decides is good for them... like the Native Australians.
Who cares how much it poisons their souls and their culture, the majority knows whats proper for them. All that being non-christian and not-white is so sinful anyway.

wa:do

emiliano

Are they your servants?
Romans 14:4 basically says "unless someone answers to you, butt out."
Hang on... I finally figured it out!
#1:
- you follow the Bible
- the Bible says not to judge someone unless they're your servant
- you judge homosexual people
- therefore, you must consider homosexual people to be your servants
#2:
- you say that homosexual people are slaves to sin
- sin is the tool of Satan
- therefore, homosexual people are the servants of Satan
- therefore, by combining #1 and #2, you must be Satan! :eek:
Did I get it right?
Or is your theology just completely messed up?

No you did not get it, and that is typical of backsliders, I don’t think that you can understand.
Gal 1:10 For now do I persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet pleased men, I would not be a servant of Christ.
I remind you what Jesus said on this subject Mat 19:4 And He answered and said to them, Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning "made them male and female"
So a servant of Christ must know that “that He who made them at the beginning "made them male and female" Mat 19:5 and said, For this cause a man shall leave father and mother and shall cling to his wife, and the two of them shall be one flesh?
Get it? a man cling to a woman in matrimony not another man, this is what the LDS called its members to remember, the Lord’s words, and call them to act as servants of Christ, they did so, they campaigned and got this rectified and they are acting as true servants in the suffering of their persecution and harassment that followed.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they who have been persecuted for righteousness sake! For theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.

emiliano

So what about an intersexual child who is 'corrected' in the wrong direction?
Many intersexual children have been made into 'females' only to discover when they reached puberty that they were 'male'. With all the 'instincts' that young men have, trapped in a body that has been surgically made 'male'. (in fact all intersexual children are by default made into 'females' unless they are stopped by legal action.)
This is why medical associations are pushing to stop doctors from 'fixing' these children until they are old enough to actually be able to know if they 'feel' like a particular gender.
So did God goof up with these kids?

And there we have, science is over-rated, but in all honesty they do the best they can, they have designed a diagnostic tool that gets it right more times than it get it wrong. They are good but not perfect. I thought that this is the normal practice “to delay surgery till after puberty” and that it was done long time ago, is surgery still practiced on children? About God responsibility, most birth defects are traced to environmental changes, what we have put into the ground and get into our bodies by what we eat, touch or inhale, at present the earth is nothing like it was at it creation.

emiliano

Thats a pathetic reason to be against it. If i want to sin i should be allowed to. Why should religious practices dominate how i live my life, even if i hate everything to do with religion? Because religion has to try to enforce their view upon the world. Shame on them.

Hello! Proposition 8 does not ban homosexuality, you can go ahead and knock yourself out, you just cannot marry someone that is of the same as you.;)

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Hello! Proposition 8 does not ban homosexuality, you can go ahead and knock yourself out, you just cannot marry someone that is of the same as you.;)

Where did i say anything about banning homosexuality, i've been talking about lack of rights all along. I bet if you could you would ban homosexuality, as would any church.

emiliano

We all know that minorities should be quiet and take whatever the majority decides is good for them... like the Native Australians.
Who cares how much it poisons their souls and their culture, the majority knows whats proper for them. All that being non-christian and not-white is so sinful anyway.

You got it, that is what the social contract is, the British in representation of the majority of their people settled this land, land that they considered no-man’s land, this was a trade off for the gains that came from it, they got rid of some of their convicts and colonised Australia at the same time, this land that now is so prosperous and rich was inhabited by less than one million people, their culture could not sustain any better a nation and were living in the stone ages, all the attempt by the country in resolving this problem had failed, but they still seek a solution.

emiliano

Where did i say anything about banning homosexuality, i've been talking about lack of rights all along. I bet if you could you would ban homosexuality, as would any church.

That what I mean, they have the right to their homosexuality, but not to marriage, that one is reserved for the union of men to women.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
That what I mean, they have the right to their homosexuality, but not to marriage, that one is reserved for the union of men to women.

No its not, and no it should not be. Once again we see the cancer that is Christianity plaguing our world.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
This is good, deferent affectional orientations, questions: is this natural?
Yes, it is.
Should I be forced to accept this as such by a noisy minority? Do religious folks have rights?
Sure you do. You have the right to run your own life as you believe. You do not, however have the right to force everyone else to live as you do.
I do not follow your sexual orientation and do not wish to be forced by my government obeying to a noisy minority to change it to accommodate you.
Would you have told women and African-Americans the same thing when they wanted the right to vote the same as you white men? Or would you have denied them because they are not exactly the same as you?