• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS letter on same-sex marriage

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
They're preparations for the Second Coming that will be brought about by same-sex marriage, apparently.
O.K., and that's not crazy at all. Basically, some religionists retain enough contact with reality that you can at least talk with them, and some are so far out there, so divorced from empirical knowledge of the real world, that there is no common ground on which to discuss. I think this participant is in the latter category.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
O.K., and that's not crazy at all. Basically, some religionists retain enough contact with reality that you can at least talk with them, and some are so far out there, so divorced from empirical knowledge of the real world, that there is no common ground on which to discuss. I think this participant is in the latter category.
FWIW, I don't think the notion is fundamentally any crazier than the idea that believers will be "raptured" up to Heaven. It's just that in that scenario, storing lots of food would be kinda pointless.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Autodidact said:
Watchmen said:
Evandr said:
As to being prepared, I claim no grand position. The Lord has given a few relatively simple guidelines about how to prepare for calamity such as food storage, staying out of debt, keeping His commandments and so forth. Even you could do it.
Completely nuts.
Why is food storage and staying out of debt completely nuts?
A logical response to gay marriage is FOOD STORAGE?!? What is this poster even talking about at this point?
I highlighted if for you.

Evandr

Stripling Warrior
Please remedy my ignorance; thanks.
Still nothing concrete to say on the issue? You're group has no deity that has given you guidance in favor of your position, you have thousands of years of human consensus that undermines your position and no real history to support it, and then there are the physical compatibility issues that even mother nature (or God if you will) has dictated that it takes the union of a man and a woman before procreation is allowed. All this and then there is the fact that physically and emotionally there are things that one gender can bring to the family unit that the other cannot. (Ok, OK, I know, it takes a healthy heaping of common sense to support that last statement and there seems to be a real lack of it on your side of the issue, so go ahead, lambaste away)

You claim that I am blatant, overbearing, and unjust when it is you that ignores, denies, and/or makes light of anything and everything that runs against the grain of your position and there is a lot that runs against it. Homosexuality is your choice but please, try to support your position with something concrete that shows the wisdom in it. You remind me of a little child with tear-stained cheeks and a stern, unyielding stare standing belligerent with nothing more to say than "It's what I want".
There has been plenty enough of you stomping your little feet, sneering at our assertions and claiming the we are trying to deny you your rights while you declare that we have no rights to maintain our position on the whole issue.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
My deity has no problem with gay marriage.
GBLT people often held positions of respect in Native American culture.

So why does your religion get to dictate my religious practices?

wa:do

Evandr

Stripling Warrior
So gay marriage is a disaster of Earthquake or Hurricane proportions?

wa:do

No, the gay life style, from an eternal perspective, is much more dangerous. These things only kill the body, being found guilty of that which is an abomination in the eyes of God stops eternal forward progression - that's why it is called being "Damned"

gnomon

Yes I have, we are trying to separate this from what is behavioural, They are been helped , there is no one helping those that chose to behave as what they are not, there gender re-assignment, for those that have a genetic fault, none for those that choose to behave in way contrary to their gender, there must be a sure diagnosis, it well regulated and they became the male or female legally, it is another issue.

And if some individuals choose not to accept to be legally defined as male or female?
YouTube - Intersex (Part 1 of 3)
YouTube - Intersex (Part 2 of 3)
YouTube - Intersex #3

gnomon

No, the gay life style, from an eternal perspective, is much more dangerous. These things only kill the body, being found guilty of that which is an abomination in the eyes of God stops eternal forward progression - that's why it is called being "Damned"

Is heterosexuality a lifestyle?