• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS letter on same-sex marriage

gnomon

Clearly you don't have your facts in order, They have yet to prove either way about the nature of homosexuality.

But it makes sense to me that it is a social construct because it continues to exist in light of the fact that is a de-evolutionary trait.

Yes, I am clearly convinced that you are right. Rather than studying the natural aspect of human sexuality including the fact, yes, fact that human beings are not always born biologically male or female not to mention that vast array of human sexual behavior ...... there's no need.

I'll just adhere to some superstitious nonsense delivered from some supposed divine entity delivered to some old guys who have no more sense than a rock about the nature of human beings.

And no, madhatter, that is not a personal attack.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Agreed. But I know many LDS would respond that if the LDS had kept to itself and minded its own business, Prop 8 would not have passed. And they'd say it as if some time of Armageddon was imminent because of it.

I have no reason to doubt you. But I still see no true reason for them to worry. LDS priests would have no obligation to wed same-sex couples. In fact, nothing much would change for the LDS Church.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I have no reason to doubt you. But I still see no true reason for them to worry. LDS priests would have no obligation to wed same-sex couples. In fact, nothing much would change for the LDS Church.

Actually, I'm starting to hear reports of churches under attack in Mass for not performing weddings, but I need more info. I'll let you know what I find.

Watchmen

Premium Member
fantôme profane;1327389 said:
I recommend that in the future you check out the information first, and then make the accusation.

I didn't make any accusations. I stated that I had heard some info, but need more information. I also stated that I would share what I found.

I recommend you take English comprehension.

Watchmen

Premium Member
fantôme profane;1327492 said:
In other words you were merely spreading unsubstantiated rumors.

No - I explained that I had heard something and was going to check into it. That's not an accusation (which is what you originally claimed and now your back peddling). I was very responsible in my treatment of the situation.

By the way, I voted NO - maybe that will help you put away whatever stereotypes your reading my posts with.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
No - I explained that I had heard something and was going to check into it. That's not an accusation (which is what you originally claimed and now your back peddling). I was very responsible in my treatment of the situation.

By the way, I voted NO - maybe that will help you put away whatever stereotypes your reading my posts with.
I realize that. This is not personal DisneyMan. I am simply pointing out that what you are doing is spreading rumors and accusations without substantiating them. I am not backpedaling at all. I also realize that you likely have no malevolent intentions, but you are not being responsible in your treatment of the situation. What you are doing is wrong, and potentially dangerous. And I respectfully suggest that you should be more careful.

Do you know what the really frustrating thing is? I was told since grade school that I was able to change the government by voting for what I believed in. If I thought something was good I would vote for it and if I thought something was bad I would vote against it. In the end the majority of society would decide and everybody would live with it and if they didn't like it another opportunity would come around to change it. Fortunately I don't live in California and could not vote on this issue. But if I voted either way I would have voted according to my values and the way I wanted to shape America. Voting is inherently selfish. And here there are people disparaging people and their beliefs in God, prophets, and morality for exercising the most basic right given to us as Americans. You may agree with them and you may not.
How is it that you can call Mormons intolerant bigots but you somehow are not. Aren't you doing the same thing to them that you claim they do the same to you in telling them that they should not have voted for what they thought was best?
Morality, sexuality, civil rights, protection from vague fears, religion, whatever your reason for voting the way you did was just a personal reason.
So tell me (in the kindest way you can), why are you so upset about the way America works? Do you think that this was the end of the battle? Do you think that there won't be another proposition of a similar nature in the future? Just ask your Mormon friend if they think that they won the war with one fell swoop.
Proposition 8 was defeated. If you want to enact change, stop complaining and move on. There will be another chance for you.

Watchmen

Premium Member
fantôme profane;1327549 said:
I realize that. This is not personal DisneyMan. I am simply pointing out that what you are doing is spreading rumors and accusations without substantiating them. I am not backpedaling at all. I also realize that you likely have no malevolent intentions, but you are not being responsible in your treatment of the situation. What you are doing is wrong, and potentially dangerous. And I respectfully suggest that you should be more careful.

You have the last word.

Alizée

fantôme profane;1327549 said:

Did you not read the part of his post where he said he was checking on it? :rolleyes:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Alizée;1327640 said:
Did you not read the part of his post where he said he was checking on it? :rolleyes:
Yes, and all I am saying is that he should have checked on it first, before talking about it. To do it in the way he did is just spreading rumors and making unfounded accusations.

Last edited:

Alizée

fantôme profane;1327654 said:
Yes, and all I am saying is that he should have checked on it first, before talking about it. To do it in the way he did is just spreading rumors and making unfounded accusations.

Right.....:cool:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
On reflection - maybe this means you're a bigot too.

We better get that definition down.

Nope. The difference is that I understand their view on it, and have a good reason to object to it. They base their opinion on false information and ignorance. They hold their view simply because homosexuals are different. If they understood anything about them, they would feel differently. They are blinded by the fear of that one trait. It's no different than people who discriminate against black people simply because they are black. They only look at that one trait, and ignore the rest. Calling someone a bigot because they fit the definition (any definition other than yours which includes hate) does not make me a bigot. It just means that I can see that quality in someone else. Frankly, I'm tired of the assertion that I or someone else is a bigot just because we call someone else one. It's ridiculous.