• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legalize Marijuana?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Assuming that the medicinal properties of marijuana actually exist...
Science says there is, but I wasn't even taking about medicinal properties, anyway. It's silly for you to dismiss potential positive aspects simply because you want to demonize a plant.

There are some people who smoke marijuana for enjoyment, who have actually developed a tolerance.
Of course people develop a tolerance if they smoke it habitually, hence the importance of moderation.

Making THC more readily accessible is not entirely a good thing, since these people will probably abuse it.
People will smoke whatever amount until they reach the desired "high", regardless if it's just a little bit of the high quality stuff, or a lot of the low quality stuff. So more potent cannabis means smoking less of it, making it healthier for the lungs.

Last edited:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Right, I'm gone now. Take care of yourselves and I'll see you in some other thread. :D

Um, ok? Toodles.

edit: If me saying what I said exasperated you for some reason, I don't know why. What I said was straight up truth. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

:D

DarkSun

:eltiT
Um, ok? Toodles.

edit: If me saying what I said exasperated you for some reason, I don't know why. What I said was straight up truth. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

:D

Oh no, I'm fine. I just wanted to avoid conflict, so I'm leaving. No one did or said do anything wrong. :D

kai

ragamuffin
Science says there is, but I wasn't even taking about medicinal properties, anyway. It's silly for you to dismiss potential positive aspects simply because you want to demonize a plant.

Of course people develop a tolerance if they smoke it habitually, hence the importance of moderation.

People will smoke whatever amount until they reach the desired "high", regardless if it's just a little bit of the high quality stuff, or a lot of the low quality stuff. So more potent cannabis means smoking less of it, making it healthier for the lungs.

In my experience building up a tolerance means you need more,

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
In my experience building up a tolerance means you need more,

People don't "need" more, as people cannot develop a physical dependency on cannabis. But yes, smoking habitually will mean that the cannabis will have slightly less effect. however, the tolerance rapidly decreases after a few weeks, if not days.

kai

ragamuffin
People don't "need" more, as people cannot develop a physical dependency on cannabis. But yes, smoking habitually will mean that the cannabis will have slightly less effect. however, the tolerance rapidly decreases after a few weeks, if not days.

Ok i know several people that smoke habitually, and they smoke copius quantities of Skunk and have done for several years now , as there is no physical dependancy issues, do you think its a Psychological dependancy that they have developed?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Ok i know several people that smoke habitually, and they smoke copius quantities of Skunk and have done for several years now , as there is no physical dependancy issues, do you think its a Psychological dependancy that they have developed?

Or they simply enjoy it. What about soda? I drink a lot of sodas. Always have since childhood. You suppose it's a psychological dependency?

kai

ragamuffin
Or they simply enjoy it. What about soda? I drink a lot of sodas. Always have since childhood. You suppose it's a psychological dependency?

Ha Ha forgive me but comparing Skunk to soda is rather funny,

Skunk is a very powerful mind altering substance, and the people i am refering to are my friends and i know them before they started smoking and now,

we all smoked cannabis but the old fashioned stuff from the sixties you know Morrocan, Leb or Afghani, then it all kind of changed to Soap and then along came Skunk, It has to be something, i observe that they have to have a joint first thing just to function . then smoke all day and night like a cigarette smoker. i know this isnt everyone and there are recreational smokers but these guys cant take it or leave it.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int

Skunk is a very powerful mind altering substance, and the people i am refering to are my friends and i know them before they started smoking and now,

we all smoked cannabis but the old fashioned stuff from the sixties you know Morrocan, Leb or Afghani, then it all kind of changed to Soap and then along came Skunk, It has to be something, i observe that they have to have a joint first thing just to function . then smoke all day and night like a cigarette smoker. i know this isnt everyone and there are recreational smokers but these guys cant take it or leave it.

Hmm.. I still don't think it's physically addictive. It's just habitual. Because the most that happens when it's taken away is you get irritable. And, sigh, I know what I'm saying here...so I'm not just talking out my ***. :D Whereas with harder stuff, you actually become physically ill and have to wean yourself off of it or you'll die.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I guess a more apt comparision would be to an energy drink.

Is it just THC, or laced with something else? Because if it's just THC, I think the media is grossly exaggerating and embellishing, and you're simply echoing that.

DarkSun

:eltiT

Is it just THC, or laced with something else? Because if it's just THC, I think the media is grossly exaggerating and embellishing, and you're simply echoing that.

No, actually, as far as my experience goes, the media is one-hundred percent accurate. And as far as science goes, the media is incredibly well substantiated. But since I've already told you this and you've just snubbed off what I had to say as fanatical story-telling, I probably shouldn't bring it up again. There's really no point, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: kai

kai

ragamuffin

Thats another subject , those things are not all that innocent.

well i am just talking from experience, i dont think its over exagerated Skunk is some very powerful stuff. and does not in my opinion even resemble the old style cannabis. its a bit like comparing beer and whiskey

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
its a bit like comparing beer and whiskey

Exactly. You can drink enough beer to get the same effect you would from whiskey, because it's all alcohol, so what's your point? You can have one shot of whiskey for a mild effect, or drink a whole case of beer and get trashed.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No, actually, as far as my experience goes,
what experience?

the media is one-hundred percent accurate. And as far as science goes, the media is incredibly well substantiated.
Not really. You honestly don't think that the media doesn't have a sensationalized bias against something that culturally maligned?

But since I've already told you this and you've just snubbed off what I had to say as fanatical story-telling, I probably shouldn't bring it up again. There's really no point, right?
Then why did you?

Stellify

StarChild
that cant be true of ALL cannabis , maybe you could find out for us, in reference to Skunk?
Haven't heard much about skunk...Has it been around long enough that data could have been collected for it?
But, I'm thinking it's probably still true...The margin of safety wasn't concerned with how much of a drug it takes to make you act stupid or get way too intoxicated, but how much it takes to kill you (ODing)....Have you ever heard of anyone dying because they smoked too much grass? Skunk or otherwise?

There are much worse things than death....

All I'm going to say.
Heehee, I thought you might show up here eventually :p

Sweeeeeeet! :bounce
I thought you might enjoy that :D

Assuming that the medicinal properties of marijuana actually exist...
They do. I'm way too tired to argue with you in this thread like I have been in the other one, so that's not what I'm doing, promise :D Just letting you know that as far as medicinal properties go, marijuana is a wonderful painkiller...Many people who have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses and are in excruciating pain find it to be the only thing that truly gives them some relief. And, many also prefer it because it doesn't muddle their mind as much as huge amounts of morphine do...They say they like that about weed, because they're going to die soon, and they want to be coherent enough to actually talk to friends, grandchildren, etc..

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Haven't heard much about skunk...Has it been around long enough that data could have been collected for it?

"Skunk" is nothing more than slang for more potent than usual cannabis, carefully cultivated strains via selective breeding and hydroponics rather than grown out doors in large quantities. It's nothing new. In fact, in The Netherlands they've had a festival called the Cannabis Cup for over 20 years that judges such strains. This latest buzz is just the media making a scare story about something it knows little about. Must've been a slow news day or something.

Stellify

StarChild
"Skunk" is nothing more than slang for more potent than usual cannabis, carefully cultivated strains via selective breeding and hydroponics rather than grown out doors in large quantities. It's nothing new. In fact, in The Netherlands they've had a festival called the Cannabis Cup for over 20 years that judges such strains. This latest buzz is just the media making a scare story about something it knows little about. Must've been a slow news day or something.

Soo...Is it like Hydro? More potent, less? I've gotten out of the weed culture a bit since I stopped dating this one guy a couple years ago :D
As far as our little group went...you had strengths in ascending order like so:
schwag, popcorn, hydro. And King Buds were in there, depending on their own particular type and potency.
I'm a bit...exhausted. Sorry, brain isn't functioning properly :areyoucra