• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legalize Marijuana?

DarkSun

:eltiT
i don't really care if they legalese it or not what i do care about is finding out whether its harmful or not in itself, and the actual act of burning and inhaling a substance any substance cannot be good for you, i wouldn't try to stop you doing it ,its your funeral after all but you have to know don't you?

However, we conclude that there is now sufficient evidence to warn young people that using cannabis could increase their risk of developing a psychotic illness later in life.

Cannabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: a systematic review : The Lancet

Robin Murray, professor of psychiatry at London's Institute of Psychiatry, estimates that at least 25,000 of the 250,000 schizophrenics in the UK could have avoided the illness if they had not used cannabis. "The number of people taking cannabis may not be rising, but what people are taking is much more powerful, so there is a question of whether a few years on we may see more people getting ill as a consequence of that."

Cannabis: An apology - Health News, Health & Wellbeing - The Independent

What about this?

Marijuana Use Affects Blood Flow In Brain Even After Abstinence

Okay, I'm going now.

kai

ragamuffin
Are they regretting the decriminalization of alcohol after the end of the prohibition?

theres no one left who can remember it is there? I dont see how you can take the criminal interest out of something so popular as cannabis. theres too much money in it. unless you mean for personal possession .i have no argument about that.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Hi Bouncing Ball
do you have smoking bans or restrictions and if so how does that effect the cannabis cafes etc

We do have smokingbans.
In theory that would mean that you can still get the marihuana in the koffieshops (O yeah baby, I am totally introducing the dutch way of typing coffee in your language). If you want to smoke and chill there, you need to take it outside.

What really happens though is that most people still smoke inside. The thing is, it is illigal to consume tabacco in the shop, so technically you are allowed to take a pure blow or take the marihuana through a pipe or cookies.

As the smoking ban is still fresh, I don't know how they will solve that, but I think they will check, but let it go in most cases. This because they would have to check every blow if it's pure or not and at least those smokers don't drink (It is illigal to sell or consume alcohol in koffieshops)

On the personal note, I don't think koffieshops should disobey the rules, but on the other hand, the ban is kinda made because it can annoy/harm non-smokers and people in coffeeshop come for the smoking, not many non-smokers there..

Last edited:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
interresting..

For us, the word blow would not be the most used word as Joint is. But "to blow" or in dutch "blowen" is very standard. For quite some years allready btw.. I would expect somewhere from the hippy era :p