• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legalize Marijuana?

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
i dont think anyone mugs people to get canabis , my thoughts are its absurd to phase out and make smoking illegal and legalise anabis at the same time
True, but smoking is not illegal in the UK yet. Until it is, I see no reason why not? It'll free up some resources.
I doubt smoking will ever be illegal. People won't listen and smoke anyways.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I don't, but I think it's crazy to criminalize the use of it. Is that really the kind of thing we need to be worrying about as a society?

I know it isn't healthy, but so many other things are even more unhealthy, so I think that it should be as legal as cigarettes, alcohol, tobacco, and all of that other stuff...

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
I hate the people who declaring that all smoking is evil.
They have a nasty tendency of grabbing me by the ear, and throwing me at a smoker so I cough on them. Blood does wonders to convincing a smoker to stop.

happ

Catholic/Evagelical
One has to remember that marijuana has medicinal benefits and why it is allowed in many West Coast states. My sister found it a life saver for settling her stomach and boosting her appetite during chemo therapy. Marijuana has strong calming qualities [people don't get into fight smoking marijuana, unlike beer].

Also there is no addiction to marijuana unlike tobacco, alcohol, cocaine, pain drugs, heroin, etc.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
One has to remember that marijuana has medicinal benefits and why it is allowed in many West Coast states. My sister found it a life saver for settling her stomach and boosting her appetite during chemo therapy. Marijuana has strong calming qualities [people don't get into fight smoking marijuana, unlike beer].

Also there is no addiction to marijuana unlike tobacco, alcohol, cocaine, pain drugs, heroin, etc.

I have to agree here..I think mary jane should be available to those who are suffering from the side affects of chemo..sure it has some harmful possible side affects and can definately cause lung cancer..But chemo is poison too..all kinds of drugs that we take can cause cancer and other ailments..Heck tylonal can cause liver damage..Ibuprophen and asprin can cause interanal bleeding or ulcers.You have to weigh the benefits vs. possible harm ...

If I was battling cancer and was sick as a dog from the medications and pot helped I would by it illegally and smoke it.I would give it to my children too if it was the only affective way to sooth them.

Blessings

Dallas

gnomon

you dont have an opinion on the OP just on my grammar?

My opinion on illicit substances has already been established on this forum.

edit: Actually, I caught the beginning of your post but as I read on I had an image of someone typing with one hand, the other hand holding a coffee and one foot out the door ready to go to work. It seemed hasty.

gnomon

Billions of US dollars (per year) are spent for marijuana. This money funds the drug cartels of Mexico and South America.

It seems the US would be better off regulating this marijuana trafficking. By legalizing marijuana, the US could tax the buyer (like cigarettes).

Should marijuana be made legal in the US and if so, would it change your mind on whether you would use marijuana?

Yes, marijuana should be allowed for general use and regulated. However, to get there many myths and facts have to be sorted out. There are too many people on both sides arguing garbage.

For one, making it "legal" would not result in some massive source of tax revenue. Cannabis is very easy to grow and harvest. Considering the seeds and fiber from cannabis can be used in numerous other products the sheer production of cannabis and its products would result in low costs and cheap products. People could grow their own dope. So the notion that legal marijuana would provide a surplus of tax revenue is absolutely wrong.

On the other side, how the precedent of prohibition has not convinced people of the failures of the current laws and federal agencies in controlling illicit substances is merely astounding. Some point to the fact that alcohol consumption decreased during Prohibition. Yet violent crime, property crime, death from "bathtub gin" and the most telling...the widespread bureacratic and police corruption. All of which we have today directly tied into our drug war.

Marijuana should be decriminalized and regulated. I'm not going to rehash points I've already made on this forum or routinely made by organizations such as NORML or LEAP. The idea that prohibition itself has caused far more damage to society than the drugs is a fact. An important one that needs to be addressed by our political leaders. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

Izdaari

Emergent Anglo-Catholic
Billions of US dollars (per year) are spent for marijuana. This money funds the drug cartels of Mexico and South America.

It seems the US would be better off regulating this marijuana trafficking. By legalizing marijuana, the US could tax the buyer (like cigarettes).

Should marijuana be made legal in the US and if so, would it change your mind on whether you would use marijuana?
Yes, I think it should be legal. Anybody being locked up for it is IMHO a gross injustice. It's also a huge waste of justice system resources.

No, I don't use it and wouldn't start if it were legal. I've tried it and don't like it that much.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yes! smoke dope and turn out just like most of the other dope smokers I've seen, generally lazy, listless, vision less people with little to offer the world except a "let's get high" attitude.

Yeah, because anyone who sips a glass of wine instantly becomes a raging, violent alcoholic, and anyone who eats a cheeseburger instantly balloons to 300 lbs. and has an immediate heart attack.

Fluffy

A fool
***MOD POST***
Heya everyone, Just a friendly reminder that whilst you are all very welcome to discuss and debate any issue on RF, we must ask you to not claim to have done/claim to be doing any illegal activity. Thanks!
***MOD POST***

Yeshua_Lives

Left the Forum
If it can help cancer and aids patients sooth their nausea, sickness, and pain, then it seems it should be made legal.

kadzbiz

Speaking as a cop, a father and a human being, I would agree that legalising marijuana would appear to be a necessary evil that may solve a lot of problems, but what makes me sad is seeing how many people want it legalised so they can feel relaxed about smoking it themselves.

im from holland and ye it being legal here its awsom only problem is that its still not widly used because near schools you can get kicked of school smoking it at work can get you fired but aslong as you don t do it there its :rainbow1:

tomspug

Absorbant
If marijuana was legalized...

There would be no underground drug trade for it, therefore...

There would be no market for youths to sell it...

So if you make it illegal for minors (just like drinking and smoking), than the detriment to society is GONE!

tomspug

Absorbant
wel thats not ecactly true people will still try get it before proper age
But how would it be different from teens who smoke and drink or get high on prescription drugs? Awareness would be what fights substance abuse rather than prohibition. And that saves the government a heck of a lot of money spent on programs rather than crime-fighting expenses.