• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Present Some Evidence ...

Atheologian

John Frum
You don't need God to say something is beautiful. You don't need God to love another human being. You don't need God to value life. You don't need God to be a moral person. You don't need God to know right from wrong. Let's make this clear as well "D

Atheologian

John Frum
This proof of God, proof of absence of God is a circle that will never end, because you CAN'T disprove something just because it doesn't exist. We know better than to believe in Leprechauns and Unicorns, but that doesn't mean we can disprove them. This type of discussion only adds fuel to a theist's fire, who relies solely of the absence of knowledge and proof. To those of who who would suggest an atheist relies on the absence of proof, I can cripple that theory with a few very simple examples. Bacteria. The Earth's orbit. Dinosaurs. Mentioning things like these a few centuries ago, could have had you "put to the question", if you were Christian, decapitated if you were a jew or a muslim. Even the eastern religions would have laughed you out of the room at the suggestion of microbial life. The further we delve scientifically, the harder it is for religion to maintain relevance in the modern world.

PureX

Veteran Member
You don't need God to say something is beautiful. You don't need God to love another human being. You don't need God to value life. You don't need God to be a moral person. You don't need God to know right from wrong. Let's make this clear as well
You don't know what I need. You don't know what other people need. Also, Maybe I want God to exist. Lots of people want God to exist. And you don't know that God does not exist.

So what are you offering anyone. And why?

Atheologian

John Frum
You don't know what I need. You don't know what other people need. Also, Maybe I want God to exist. Lots of people want God to exist. And you don't know that God does not exist.

So what are you offering anyone. And why?

what you want and what you need are seperate things. You don't NEED a god for any reason, whatsoever. There are simply no needs in life that require there to be a GOD.

Atheologian

John Frum
This thread is merely the catalyst for a cyclical, nonsensical, highly opinionated discussion. When you are discussing something that can not be proven, because it does not exist, it often can't be disproven either. It's the old Tea Pot orbitting the moon discussion. You can't prove it's not there, I can't prove it's there.

Last edited:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I think proving or disproving god is irrelevant. It's the relevance of god that matters, and we can blow that out of the water every time. The religions that are associated with whatever God you choose, are generally full of misinformation, bogus history and science, false explenations of natural occurances and rare events, etc. etc. When You take away the religion that holds him on the pedestal, shouldn't the God and the pedestal fall too? This is why deists are foolish, in my opinion.
They cling to that pedestal, that notion of a higher power, while there's nothing there to hold it up.
No amount of metaphorical metamorphysis of scripture is going to hide the fact that you are jumping halfway into the pond of ignorance, and telling the rest of us how cool it is to be half wet. We know, you're enlightened.
The pedestal you hold them on, though, is a straw man of your own making. That's why "God" doesn't fall when you kick the pedestal down. That's why they continue to "cling" even when you see nothing holding them up.

Last edited:

Atheologian

John Frum
The pedestal you hold them on, though, is a straw man of your own making. That's why "God" doesn't fall when you kick the pedestal down. That's why they continue to "cling" even when you see nothing holding them up.

Sure he does. It's only when gullible people continue to hold him up does he survive. Some perfect examples of the pedestal falling are Zeus and Apollo, Set and Osiris, Lillith, Joseph Smith. Oh wait, Joseph smith fits in that first category, of gullible people holding up his pedestal. I realize he's only the "prophet", but so was Jesus and so was Mohammed. Same idea. These religions perservere because of gullible people.

Atheologian

John Frum
What I meant by nothing there to hold it up, was that without the believers, the Deity would dissapear. There is no factual support.

Atheologian

John Frum
Consider this: What if the real god was Zeus? What if atheists, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Tao and Daoists, they were all wrong. It was Zeus the whole time. Just a big joke, he was hiding out until the last minute, to say, "Surprise! It's me, the King of the Greek Gods, I did it."
So here we are, proof of God, it's Zeus. This means that Jesus and Allah and Yahweh and Shiva and Budha and every other prophet or deity is false. Full of it. They are made up.
Would you be angry that the deity you beleived in were false?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Consider this: What if the real god was Zeus? What if atheists, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Tao and Daoists, they were all wrong. It was Zeus the whole time. Just a big joke, he was hiding out until the last minute, to say, "Surprise! It's me, the King of the Greek Gods, I did it."
So here we are, proof of God, it's Zeus. This means that Jesus and Allah and Yahweh and Shiva and Budha and every other prophet or deity is false. Full of it. They are made up.
Would you be angry that the deity you beleived in were false?
Do you know what "mythology" is?