• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life after death is a scientific FACT.

logician

"For me it is not a matter of "is there life after death" or not. There is always life after death, it is even scientifically proven. It is a fact. Everything that exists, even our very own life-force is a form of energy which can neither be created nor destroyed, only change form. "

This really is just an argument of semantic.

" Therefore it is merely a question of what will we change into when we die. Personally I tend to agree with the quantum physicists...everything has potential. The universe is full of infinite possibilities."

What are you defining to be life, energy?

Beaudreaux

What are you defining to be life, energy?
I think the OP is. This woulld mean that lots of things are alive that we do not usually consider to be alive. The explosions in my automobile combustion chambers. The energy released when a baseball hits the ground. All alive according to this worldview.

Mr Manson

In my opinion, it's much easy to see what is "alive" and what is not.

A "living" being is able to perform some kind of action by itself and independantly.

We know a tree is a living being because it grows, breathes, and procreates.
We know a bird is a living being because it can swing his wings to be able to fly, it's able to walk, it eats, breathes, procreates... etc.

In both cases it's all done independently and instinctively (bird).

We know a light bulb is not alive because if no one ever pulls the switch, or screw/unscrew it, it will always remain there in the same state as it was left untill it someday eventually gets decomposed. And even if some one pulls the switch on, what moves it's electric energy and photons. The bulb remains the same. It will be heated, but reamaining the same.

You can say "but its atoms will move on the process of decomposition and that may be a form of life".

I don't think an atom has life in itself. It has energy that simply makes the atom connect to another atom, or just be cast away from another atom, still having to connect to some other atom(s) in the end. They always do that.

This post bears a question I never gave much time to myself on answering it. I try to keep things simple. When I go off, I just go off. Pure lack of senses and thoughts. Pure hollow that I won't even feel. Much like a TV when it's set off.

Some people also believe that ghosts, spirits, demons, spectres, you name it, are all someone's life after death. But no one even knows what they are... they could even be a life form that have always existed and we take it as a supernatural matter. But the similarity of most of them (not all) to human beings is incredible and suspicious.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Some people also believe that ghosts, spirits, demons, spectres, you name it, are all someone's life after death. But no one even knows what they are... they could even be a life form that have always existed and we take it as a supernatural matter. But the similarity of most of them (not all) to human beings is incredible and suspicious.

What similarity? Have you seen these spirits? Or are you relying on descriptions by others? :shrug:

GiantHouseKey

Greetings

Life is just another construction of Aeya.

I wouldn't agree that life after death is a scientific fact, or even just a fact (Base 3). It's contestable, but I agree that there is life after death.
Is it like the life we're currently living? No.
Is it even really life? No.
But it's about what happens to us when our flesh perishes and we become Aeya again.

GhK.

Mr Manson

What similarity? Have you seen these spirits? Or are you relying on descriptions by others? :shrug:

There's millions of pictures taken and published in books. Yes, I've seen them. And I'm not talking about digital pictures. I've seen enough of them before the digital era to be sure about them. There's even some movies that show ghosts by chance that weren't spotted during the making process. And what I've seen is some looking like humans, some looking like just a cloud of energy, and I can't recall any more at the moment. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I've never seen any in front of me.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief here...
Science is not a collection of theories.
Theory is only one portion of the method that is science.
By that method, facts are acquired by well done and repeatable
experimentation.
Facts are provable by repeatable methods.

Life after death is a topic of faith.
Faith by definition is belief without proof.

There are no devices to prove life after death.
There are no repeatable experiments.
There are no testimonies that can be affirmed.

If you have such a device....please describe it.
You posses the most valuable instrument of all time.

If you have conducted an experiment reliably so...
you are the greatest scientist ever.
Please document your work.

There is a distinct difference between cause and effect as compared to cause and belief.

Cause and effect cannot be separated.
To have one is to have the other.
It may be needful to form an experiment for certainty...
some occasions are not obvious.
But that is what science is for.

However, that I believe...and I that have cause to believe...does not imply any proof has been obtained.

Science and it's methods may be desirable for this topic...
but cannot be applied here.

Cordoba

From the perspective of a believer in God, it's the human soul which survives when the body dies

And the logical answer is that the soul returns to its Creator for life in the Herafter

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Why must we assume the existence of such a mind?

Because a scientist said so.:D I for one would not argue with a Nobel prize winning quantum physicist. But really, that force that he speaks of is what I believe to be life.

Last edited:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
But are ALL types of energy forms of life?

The way I see it, the only way life could even exist is if everything that exists IS life, consciousness. Is there truly such thing as "inanimate" energy? Humans only label and categorize things as either life or non-life. But if humans can not even say for a fact where life came from, who are they to categorize it as such? All we know is that it exists.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Because a scientist said so.:D I for one would not argue with a Nobel prize winning quantum physicist. But really, that force that he speaks of is what I believe to be life.

Sorry, that holds no water. A quantum physicist is a quantum physicist. He has no business telling me whether there is a god.

Besides, science is NOT AT ALL meant to accept authority phallacies. :)

I fear your understanding of science is lacking.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Sorry, that holds no water. A quantum physicist is a quantum physicist. He has no business telling me whether there is a god.

Besides, science is NOT AT ALL meant to accept authority phallacies. :)

I fear your understanding of science is lacking.

Fear not my understanding, question your own.

Beaudreaux

The way I see it, the only way life could even exist is if everything that exists IS life, consciousness. Is there truly such thing as "inanimate" energy? Humans only label and categorize things as either life or non-life. But if humans can not even say for a fact where life came from, who are they to categorize it as such? All we know is that it exists.
Interesting... Do you believe we moral responsibilities to rocks? Traditional views of morality say no because rocks are not alive/do not have the capacity to suffer. But if everything is alive, don't we have moral responsibilities to "inanimate" objects?