• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life From Dirt?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Necessity is the mother of invention.
If we fail. We fail.
How can there be any certainty in an uncertain universe?

We can only drive forward, sometimes regressing, but onward again, into the darkness, carrying our own lights.
Hope we don’t fail. Millions if not billions of lives are at stake

Little Dragon

Hope we don’t fail. Millions if not billions of lives are at stake
I hope we don't either. We can rail against the darkness the fear and the uncertainty, curse it, surrender to it, or, we can light a metaphorical lantern and banish that darkness. We can drive it back a bit, and we stride forward. We fall down, we get up, the lantern goes out, then we re-light it, we keep on going, we cannot stop, we must not stop. It is why we are here.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I hope we don't either. We can rail against the darkness the fear and the uncertainty, curse it, surrender to it, or, we can light a metaphorical lantern and banish that darkness. We can drive it back a bit, and we stride forward. We fall down, we get up, the lantern goes out, then we re light it, we keep on going, we cannot stop, we must not stop. It is why we are here.
My knowledge doesn’t need lanterns.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You lump them together?!

That’s a hoot!
TalkOrigins defends the naturalistic paradigm of UCA evolution, or at least they try to. Their rebuttals against evidence supporting ID, often fail. Some are epic.

That’s why I encouraged @Little Dragon to check out TalkOrigin, as it tries to defend pro-naturalism sources, like evolutionary scientists, NCSE, etc., from others who reveal their blunders & inadequacies. TalkOrigins does present some useful arguments

Here’s the url that I used (I should have posted it in my earlier post):

This page from talk.origins deals with “Large gaps” in the fossil record, so its author pounces on punctuated equilibrium as an explanation. But that is simply ‘scientific apologetics.’
Since gradualism is not reflected in the Record, another explanation had to be devised, to fit what is discovered.

It’s all about interpretation of the facts… A lot of scientists, especially those who aren’t threatened with losing their job or status, agree with me and others, that the evidence supports the conclusion that a Mind was behind the origin of life, and of most of the first creatures representing their respective Family taxa…
And species diversified from that point on.
And yet not one single one of those people who agree with you has ever been able to demonstrate anything close to a "mind that was behind the origin of life."

Not a one.
Only if you accept naturalism as the source of everything, yes.

But then, there’s so much other phenomena that you'll never be able to explain.

I’m curious, ChristineM (and @shunyadragon & @Little Dragon )…. What’s your explanation for posters on this very forum, interacting with invisible entities?
Or others — credible witnesses — like Winston Churchill, or Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands, who interacted with a being claiming to be Abraham Lincoln?

Churchill & Queen Wilhelmina are just two of countless others, interacting with different entities!
Granted, not every claimed interaction is genuine…. Some people, who claim such experiences, are mentally unbalanced, or possibly not trustworthy….. But every single one of them? If so, then you’re calling many on here, either delusional, or liars.

Not everything that exists, arose from physics & materialism.

@YoursTrue , what do you think?
Can any single one of them demonstrate that they saw what they claim to have seen? Have you ever interviewed Winston Churchill or Queen Wilhelmina in any depth whatsoever? How you we even know the stories claimed about what they've seen are true and accurate in the first place?

Also, you don't seem to be aware that people can just plain old be mistaken about what they've seen. Or that people attribute causes to the things they've seen all the time without actually being able to demonstrate said cause.