• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life From Dirt?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
It seems to me (now, and now that I look at it, before) that putting one's faith in humanity is a failing proposition. But that's me -- how I see it -- including based on present circumstances, I won't go any further now with that.
Also @Little Dragon whatever there is to enjoy now, what hope would a person have to enjoy after their lifetime is over?

YoursTrue

You can put your faith in humanity, or you can hope or wish for someone or something to come save us.
What would you be hoping for that you put your faith in humanity to accomplish? What hope is there for persons that have died?

Little Dragon

What would you be hoping for that you put your faith in humanity to accomplish? What hope is there for persons that have died?
Survival mainly at this point.
What hope is for them? I do not know what happens after we die. I do not necessarily think organic death is the end.

Little Dragon

Let me go into this a little more, LD. Based on the way things are going now, what hope would someone have for humanity? Can you be specific?
Well for one, I have faith that humanity will overcome this testing time. That nuclear oblivion will not be the end result among other undesirable outcomes.

Little Dragon

ok, sorry -- I see you say you hope humanity survives. (Why?)
Why do I hope the human species survives?
I have an interest in the survival of human kind. Not least for the sake of the survival of my own lineage.
Humanity can pass these tests, and quite literally, evolve into something more like an angel than a beast. In time.

YoursTrue

Well for one, I have faith that humanity will overcome this testing time. That nuclear oblivion will not be the end result among other undesirable outcomes.
You have faith in humanity? (So far what are the odds?) What "testing time," by the way? Who sets up the test? I'm going to say that rabbits and gorillas haven't invented nuclear weapons and manufactured pollution with the possibility of wiping life out. Only humans have.

YoursTrue

Why do I hope the human species survives?
I have an interest in the survival of human kind. Not least for the sake of the survival of my own lineage.
Humanity can pass these tests, and quite literally, evolve into something more like an angel than a beast. In time.
Oh, your own lineage. You mean those born close to you, literally relatively speaking?

Little Dragon

You have faith in humanity? (So far what are the odds?) What "testing time," by the way? Who sets up the test? I'm going to say that rabbits and gorillas haven't invented nuclear weapons and manufactured pollution with the possibility of wiping life out. Only humans have.
The testing time. Internationally and domestically. Culture wars, division. Hot war. Genocide, cats and dogs living together...
These tests are karmic in nature. What goes around comes around. Receive the lessons and learn, or suffer them again, and again, and again..
Animals are wonderful. Technology is the root of human power. It is powerful tool. Use wisely. Nuclear physics gave us atomic bombs yes, but it also gave us xray photography and nuclear power and radiotherapy...

YoursTrue

Since you're not sure -- and since you make the statement that you hope mankind somehow survives but offer no substance beyond your personal hope -- that's really like saying you hope without basis for that except in your own mind. Nothing but your mind to grab onto. Glad you would like somehow mankind to survive, I believe it certainly will and I appreciate and go by the holy scriptures to outline that. Not myself. :)

Little Dragon

Since you're not sure -- and since you make the statement that you hope mankind somehow survives but offer no substance beyond your personal hope -- that's really like saying you hope without basis for that except in your own mind. Nothing but your mind to grab onto. Glad you would like somehow mankind to survive, I believe it certainly will and I appreciate and go by the holy scriptures to outline that. Not myself. :)
I told you. There is no choice, for your God is not real (imo). When there is no choice, but to have faith, in humanity, then there is enlightenment.

You demand certainty, that is your weakness. There is no certainty. only possibility and probability.

YoursTrue

The testing time. Internationally and domestically. Culture wars, division. Hot war. Genocide, cats and dogs living together...
These tests are karmic in nature. What goes around comes around. Receive the lessons and learn, or suffer them again, and again, and again..
Animals are wonderful. Technology is the root of human power. It is powerful tool. Use wisely. Nuclear physics gave us atomic bombs yes, but it also gave us xray photography and nuclear power and radiotherapy...
It doesn't matter. All those people were killed, including those involved with making the bombs. Dropping bombs Madame Curie died as a result of testing. Little babies die and died. They are gone. Science will not bring them back. Hope will not bring them back.

Little Dragon

It doesn't matter. All those people were killed, including those involved with making the bombs. Dropping bombs Madame Curie died as a result of testing. Little babies die and died. They are gone. Science will not bring them back. Hope will not bring them back.
We all end up dead. Eventually. What lies beyond death, no holy book can tell you.

YoursTrue

I told you. There is no choice, for your God is not real (imo). When there is no choice, but to have faith, in humanity, then there is enlightenment.

You demand certainty, that is your weakness. There is no certainty. only possibility and probabilityI
Your possibility is not only vague but uncertain, especially that it's based on your mind and only your mind . Have a good night and I look forward to better things, but not because I desire them although I do ... yes, I hope you have a good night. I do not KNOW or predict that you will have a good night, but I HOPE you have a good night. And because I hope you have a good night does not mean you will have a good night. That I hope I have a good night does not mean I will have a good night. Take care. And again, hope you have a good night.

Little Dragon

Your possibility is not only vague but uncertain, especially that it's based on your mind and only your mind . Have a good night and I look forward to better things, but not because I desire them although I do ... yes, I hope you have a good night. I do not KNOW or predict that you will have a good night, but I HOPE you have a good night. And because I hope you have a good night does not mean you will have a good night. That I hope I have a good night does not mean I will have a good night. Take care. And again, hope you have a good night.
I bid you good night. ;)