• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louisiana becomes first state to require that Ten Commandments be displayed in public classrooms

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
No… we forsake Him… and that is what Hell is about

It is when you realize that you have an open door to come in no matter what you have done. I should know, been there and done that
It is most egregious nonsense to suggest that a deity that hides himself gets cranky when we don't believe in his existence. What kind of complex is the poor guy coping with?

Last edited:

Sargonski

It is when you realize that you have an open door to come in no matter what you have done. I should know, been there and done that

What does any of this have to do with the ten commands requirement .. What would Jesus say about this ?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Then you should be able to explain it better, in a way that makes some sort of sense.

No response though, from you.

You have no idea what God supports. You definitely can't demonstrate it.

I'm wary of anyone claiming to speak for God or claiming to know what God(s) want (it usually coincides with their own wants).

No, she doesn't. She expresses actual unconditional love for her children. Unlike the God you're describing.
I’ve explained before but I realize when someone really doesn’t care what you respond… I don’t waste my time. :)

Kenny

Premium Member
It is most egregious nonsense to suggest that a deity that hides himself gets cranky when we don't believe in his existence. What kind of complex is the poor guy copying with?
He doesn’t hide… in our understanding, one simply doesn’t want to see. If all one sees is one’s abuse, he is blind to the abuse that Jesus suffered to bring healing. All in context of my signature.

it just depends on what one affixes one’s eyes and mind to preventing them from seeing possible alternatives.

Kenny

Premium Member
What does any of this have to do with the ten commands requirement .. What would Jesus say about this ?
He would say what the prophets say, “Your righteousness is as filthy rages” and “there is no one righteous, no not one”. The 10 commandments condemns us but Jesus came with grace and truth.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He would say what the prophets say, “Your righteousness is as filthy rages” and “there is no one righteous, no not one”. The 10 commandments condemns us but Jesus came with grace and truth.
Reciting cryptic Bible passages (if that's
what they are) is word salad to us heathens.
What does that mean in plain English?

Sargonski

It is most egregious nonsense to suggest that a deity that hides himself gets cranky when we don't believe in his existence. What kind of complex is the poor guy copying with?

This is an excellent example of an all too oft forgotten and/or ignored distinction between the anthropomorphic Gods of the Old Testament .. and this magically transformed Cosmos where there is only one cosmic God ... the Primordial uncreated God (leave the duality out for now) of monotheism .. a God that is clearly not the anthropomorphic God YHWH = What God is the God of Judaism .. if not YHWH ? .. and not the anthropomorphic God named Jealous" either .. cause is anthropomorphic another egregious nonsense and all powerful Jealous God .. but .. let us not forget the topic .. the 10 Commands ... because the covenant with Lord YHWH ..accompanied by 10 Commands .. is not the covenant with Lord Jealous ... 10 completely different commands.. although the commands of Lord Jealous are the tablets that go into the ark of the Covenant .. .. and not the commands of Lord YHWH .. the covenant with that God the Israelites Broke .. with that God .. entered into a covenant with a new God .. new set of 10 Commands .. which are not the Commands that were adopted by Blessed Louisiana.

Please review the 10 commands of Lord Jealous .. and explain to me where don't kill, steal, shag neighbors wife went to .. just all a bunch of me me me .. Jealous me ?! Exodus 34
10 Then the Lord said: “I am making a covenant with you. Before all your people I will do wonders never before done in any nation in all the world. The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the Lord, will do for you. 11 Obey what I command you today. I will drive out before you the Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 12 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going, or they will be a snare among you. 13 Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles.[a] 14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

15 “Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.

17 “Do not make any idols.

18 “Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

19 “The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock. 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons.

“No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

21 “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

22 “Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year.[b] 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the Lord your God.

25 “Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Festival remain until morning.

26 “Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God.

“Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.”

27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Reciting cryptic Bible passages (if that's
what they are) is word salad to us heathens.
What does that mean in plain English?
That you are no different from me. We are all in the same boat and Jesus came to forgive us through grace and give us the gift of righteousness (or salvation) to whosoever wants it. (All in context of my signature). That Jesus came to redeem us and bring us back into rightstanding with God - back into His family.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
That you are no different from me. We are all in the same boat and Jesus came to forgive us through grace and give us the gift of righteousness (or salvation) to whosoever wants it. (All in context of my signature). That Jesus came to redeem us and bring us back into rightstanding with God - back into His family.
I have seen first hand how dysfunctional that family is...

I opt out.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
He doesn’t hide… in our understanding, one simply doesn’t want to see. If all one sees is one’s abuse, he is blind to the abuse that Jesus suffered to bring healing. All in context of my signature.

it just depends on what one affixes one’s eyes and mind to preventing them from seeing possible alternatives.
You see, that's so easy to say -- and utterly meaningless. I don't see God, so you tell me it's only because I don't want -- it's "all in my mind."

Then you claim to see God, but of course, it's not "all in your mind," or because you want to! Of course not.

I don't know which is true, but I can assure you of something perhaps you haven't thought of -- a kid who is being beaten to within an inch of his life and begging for help from God really, really, really DOES want to see Him. He just didn't show up. Blame me at the ripe old age of 5 if you like, but I don't accept it.

Alea iacta est

Pretend that I wrote something cool.
I don't see any issues with having the Ten Commandments in public like this. If the president can say "God bless America" and the text "In God we trust" can be on the currency then it would be hypocrisy not having the Tend Commandments in public.

Sargonski

Ouch this was a painful response to bear Brother Ken - .. showing no knowledge of the teachings of our lord in relation to the weighty question at hand .. separation of Church and State .. Give to Caesar what is his .. me what is mine sayeth the Lord.

Did you not understand what Jesus meant in his most famous Sermon on the Mount ? Don't do to others what you hate .. "This sums up the Law and the Prophets" .. did you miss that memo ? down through history .. The Golden Rule .. if you don't want others forcing their Religious BS on you through physical violence .. Then best not you be doing that to others Brother Ken

So that was a big Donut on that part of the question .. but was the rest of the response was truly disturbing .. filling the mouth of Lord Jesus with foul ideology .. to a degree of heresy and borderline blasphemy against the Spirit .. Which we here at the sacred Brotherhood highly recommend against doing.. simply on the basis of being unforgivable and all.

Jesus brought you a new set of commands .. a new covenant .. with a new God .. Let us not usurp "The WORD" of the Logos with the ideology of Martin the forked tongue snake charmer. Hearken to "The Word" of the Logos explaining to you what the new commands are. Brother Ken .. what you must do in order to "EARN" your wan into heaven .. be put right with this God of Jesus .. as opposed to what ever demon Sir Martin worships. .. near the end in the summary of the SOM Matt 5-7 .. sermon where Jesus explains to you what the commands are .. what amount of righteousness is required .. which fortunately for you .. Jesus sets the bar quite low .. so even with your blaspheming .. you might still make it .. the bar so low.

Matt 7: 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven

All this time claiming to be a follower of Jesus .. yet to figure out what the new Covenant with this New God is .. and the commands of this God are .. such that by the doing you can be put right with this God .. ... as opposed to following the Commands of Lord YHWH or Lord Jealous discussed in post 1433 .. the Old covenant with Lord Jealous ... Are you following those commands ?

Time to sort out up from down Brother Ken .. right from wrong .. heaven from hell. .. and better find out what "the will of the Father" is if you want to be a follower of Jesus ... Right ! :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I’m sure your mom does express God’s type of love.
Actually my mom has shown infinitely more patience and unconditional love than Jehovah shows throughout the Bible. Jehovah's law would have prescribed death for all her kids. But even all her hellions put her through (especially my brother) she would never, absolutely NEVER turn us away like Jesus says he will be turning people away.
Hell was crying out to him and being left hanging. He was just as emotionally neglectful as my actual parents. Being promised that comfort and love when I had none in my life, and just not getting it, that is hell. It's actually even worse realizing that not only does the world hate you that even the god you love and believe loves and wants to take care of you has forsaken you.
No, that's just run of the mill Christian proselytizing stuff. Well, not really. We as people love to insist that if it worked for us and that's how it went for us then it must be so for everyone. Not really, and people say the same thing about Islam, Wicca, Buddhism, I say it as a Satanist. But personal truths are not Universal or Objective Truths.
Again, that's just more run of the mill Christian nonsense to feel better about themselves and look down on those who believe differently. It's inherent in Christianity too, such as when Paul says that atheists are fools.
No, it's just people of whatever group saying "just try and believe and it will work for you too." Diet fads are very similar. So is the so-called "Law" of Attraction. They say much of the same stuff Christians do, they just use different jargon.
The 10 Commandments don't condemn us anymore than municipal law does. But saying your righteousness is as filthy rags, that's part of the reason I've spent my adult life trying to build up a healthy sense of self esteem.

Kenny

Premium Member
You see, that's so easy to say -- and utterly meaningless. I don't see God, so you tell me it's only because I don't want -- it's "all in my mind."

Then you claim to see God, but of course, it's not "all in your mind," or because you want to! Of course not.

I don't know which is true, but I can assure you of something perhaps you haven't thought of -- a kid who is being beaten to within an inch of his life and begging for help from God really, really, really DOES want to see Him. He just didn't show up. Blame me at the ripe old age of 5 if you like, but I don't accept it.
Feel free to continue to twist what I said. And, obviously, what you went through was horrific even as what Jesus went through was horrific.

Maybe you are alive because of what you prayed?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Feel free to continue to twist what I said. And, obviously, what you went through was horrific even as what Jesus went through was horrific.

Maybe you are alive because of what you prayed?
I am just reading this posts, but I need to tell you how disgusting and sickening that suggestion is. That anyone, human, angel, alien or God would allow a child to be beaten and do nothing, and you suggest that God is benevolent because he allowed the child to live? What a disgusting thing to say, what a disgusting thing to think.

Maybe there is a reason you should not be proselytizing here in a political forum, not just because it is against the rules, but because you are doing such a horrible and insensitive job of it.