• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louisiana becomes first state to require that Ten Commandments be displayed in public classrooms

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
A child born in the United States naturally learns how to speak and understand English because it is that kingdom's language..
We don't have a kingdom. And America doesn't have an official language. Many grow up here learning Spanish. Chinese. Tagalog. It may be a native lamguage here before English.
And to paraphrase Washington, he didn't fight to be free from one crown to subject the people to another. America is not a kingdom.

Shadow Wolf

I just explained that. Even wrong love can cloud judgment.
Jealousy is not good, particularly and especially when it's manifested as being possessive of a person.
What happens to us happens because of people. God always offers a way out if we choose to follow Him and love Him (At least in context of my signature).
According to your god it all happens because of him. And apparently you misunderstood. I did follow Christ. I was following Christ and loved him and felt the call to become clergy.
But it was a very one sided relationship. There was no one picking me up, no one offering comfort, just me giving my life and finding nothing that is promised by people like you. I did, however, find Jehovah is a cruel, wicked and blood thirsty demon when I started reading the Bible with my own eyes and heart and not being told what to focus on and how to read it. Then came the questions from me they couldn't answer. Then came a terrible crisis of faith. I came out of that for the better.

LeftyLen

(For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth. Deut 6:15
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; Ex 20:5
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: Ex 34:14

Love? Your god is so jealous his name is Jealous.
Old Testament, laws exclusive to that nation

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
My friend might say that you're not a "real Christian” then.

Making a statement with no explanation
Does this mean that you try to grok reality by
using your feelings? Rather like a Jedi?

Making a statement with no explanation.

Sounds like indoctrination, with a language
that isn't standard English that non-fundies
would recognize.
going nowhere here

So you're a sheep?

So, what we have here is your effort in futility? Or just that you are already set in your beliefs so nothing anybody says will change it.. (I support your right to be set in your beliefs even as I am set)

Kenny

Premium Member
Jealousy is not good, particularly and especially when it's manifested as being possessive of a person.

According to your god it all happens because of him. And apparently you misunderstood. I did follow Christ. I was following Christ and loved him and felt the call to become clergy.
But it was a very one sided relationship. There was no one picking me up, no one offering comfort, just me giving my life and finding nothing that is promised by people like you. I did, however, find Jehovah is a cruel, wicked and blood thirsty demon when I started reading the Bible with my own eyes and heart and not being told what to focus on and how to read it. Then came the questions from me they couldn't answer. Then came a terrible crisis of faith. I came out of that for the better.
OK… I see where you are coming from. I just don’t agree. I stand that He still loves you, doesn’t forsake you and opens the doors to change circumstances that we have the choice to walk through or not.

Shadow Wolf

OK… I see where you are coming from. I just don’t agree. I stand that He still loves you, doesn’t forsake you and opens the doors to change circumstances that we have the choice to walk through or not.
Those circumstances changed when I walked away from Christ's flock. Once I did that I was able to begin healing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I stand that He still loves you, doesn’t forsake you and opens the doors to change circumstances that we have the choice to walk through or not.
That's your view. Many Christians proffer a different
version. If Trump, Magas, & other Christians succeed
in making public schools proselytize, who's to say
they'll push your version, eh.
That was an argument against theocracy given to me
by a fundie Baptist I worked with back in the 70s.
He knew it wouldn't be what he believed.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
He does forsake you if you don't believe in him though, doesn't he?
That's what hell is all about.
That's not love, imo.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No… we forsake Him… and that is what Hell is about
That's just apologetics.

This God, should he/she/it even exist in the first place, hasn't given me any reason to believe in he/she/it. I have no evidence and therefore I don't accept these god claims. Should this god actually exist, said god would know exactly what would convince me if he/she/it's existence. And yet, nothing. A god who actually wants my love wouldn't behave in such a way. But the god of the Bible doesn't want my love anyway. He/she/it wants blind devotion, faith and obedience and interprets that as love. Well, I don't.
It is when you realize that you have an open door to come in no matter what you have done. I should know, been there and done that
Not in my opinion, it's not.

My mother has actual, real unconditional love for me. Your god, not so much.

Kenny

Premium Member
That's just apologetics.

or truth IMV
This God, should he/she/it even exist in the first place, hasn't given me any reason to believe in he/she/it. I have no evidence and therefore I don't accept these god claims. Should this god actually exist, said god would know exactly what would convince me if he/she/it's existence. And yet, nothing. A god who actually wants my love wouldn't behave in such a way. But the god of the Bible doesn't want my love anyway. He/she/it wants blind devotion, faith and obedience and interprets that as love. Well, I don't.

You have found what you believe.
Not in my opinion, it's not.

Which I support your right to have your viewpoint as does God.
My mother has actual, real unconditional love for me. Your god, not so much.

I’m sure your mom does express God’s type of love.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
or truth IMV
Then you should be able to explain it better, in a way that makes some sort of sense.
You have found what you believe.
No response though, from you.
Which I support your right to have your viewpoint as does God.
You have no idea what God supports. You definitely can't demonstrate it.

I'm wary of anyone claiming to speak for God or claiming to know what God(s) want (it usually coincides with their own wants).
I’m sure your mom does express God’s type of love.
No, she doesn't. She expresses actual unconditional love for her children. Unlike the God you're describing.