• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man made religion

Phantasman

There is no doubt each person brings their own prejudice and bigotry to their translation. This is one of the reasons why I say the Bible was written by man and not God.

What is truth and what is not is purely subjective.
I agree, which is why I don't follow the Bible. The Gospel (message) is much larger than the Bible itself.

"Truth did not come into the world naked, but it came in types and images. The world will not receive truth in any other way. There is a rebirth and an image of rebirth. It is certainly necessary to be born again through the image. Which one? Resurrection. The image must rise again through the image. The bridal chamber and the image must enter through the image into the truth: this is the restoration. Not only must those who produce the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, do so, but have produced them for you. If one does not acquire them, the name ("Christian") will also be taken from him. But one receives the unction of the [...] of the power of the cross. This power the apostles called "the right and the left." For this person is no longer a Christian but a Christ."- Gospel of Philip

Words aren't truth. The Spirit produces the "image" of truth in the mind. People see words and not Word.

It is spiritual, resides in spirit and revealed by Spirit.

In my view. No "thee's and thou's" above. But it is still rejected. Which is why the narrow path is.........well, narrow.

dfnj

In my view. No "thee's and thou's" above. But it is still rejected. Which is why the narrow path is.........well, narrow.

In all of history there has been only one Christian. His name was Jesus Christ. Everyone else is just a fan of Christianity. What you are is a completely different animal than the real thing.

Baroodi

I am man
You are man
We are all men

What do you mean by man-made religion and influence?

Are you not part of this influence?

What does it mean, as a man, for you not to follow man-made religion?

whoever follow a man made religion is a looser. You have to follow the divine religion only, unless you are so blinded not to believe in God. Your god then is your whims.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
whoever follow a man made religion is a looser. You have to follow the divine religion only, unless you are so blinded not to believe in God. Your god then is your whims.

What does that mean?

All religion is man-made. What is god exactly apart from man's testimony and interpretation of him?

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla

I prefer the term "revealed religion" or "revealed spirituality". The reason I reject these is that I doubt anything can be known about the structure and functioning of the spiritual realm. All these "revelations" are, in my opinion, merely stories, not having an absolute truth.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I can live my life according to the teachings of Jesus without having a relationship with Jesus. Paulanity is clearly a religion created by men.

Would you rather read a book only or talk to the author who wrote the book? Jesus advocates relationship utterly, and within the non-Pauline books, too!

dfnj

Would you rather read a book only or talk to the author who wrote the book? Jesus advocates relationship utterly, and within the non-Pauline books, too!

Does Jesus ever talk back to you when you talk to him?

I'm sorry, not to be too disrespectful, but I gave up my imaginary friend around 6 years old. It's like adult coloring books. I just don't have any interest in talking with imaginary friends.

syo

religion is like language. we all possess it but it doesn't belong to us. religion is a living breathing organism. it feeds from men but it is also autonomous. i am a christian orthodox. i use orthodoxy as i see fit. but i can't change the core of orthodoxy, because then it wouldn't be orthodoxy but something else. religion isn't exactly man-made. religions are revealed to people by the gods. after revelation, people simply organise religion.

Thermos aquaticus

Would you rather read a book only or talk to the author who wrote the book?

If you talk to the biblical authors then we would really love it if you could record those conversations, upload them, and give us the link so we can hear them too.

Jesus advocates relationship utterly, and within the non-Pauline books, too!

A tape of those conversations would be helpful as well.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I am man
You are man
We are all men

The very idea assumes some religion or one religion is not man-made otherwise the ideas simply does not work. The idea is, at best, laughable.

It's like saying. "When applying wet water to an area of the skin..." Water is always wet, so it is an unnecessary adjective, sort of like "innocent victims" which naively suggests that some victims are not innocent.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
If you talk to the biblical authors then we would really love it if you could record those conversations, upload them, and give us the link so we can hear them too.

Sarcasm suits you less well than science. Stick with science.

Or were you aware when you were born and then a toddler? Can we have recorded conversations of your parents' talk replayed, so we can be sure you're not adopted, rather than blindly believing documents you claim are true though you were not present when they were recorded?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Does Jesus ever talk back to you when you talk to him?

I'm sorry, not to be too disrespectful, but I gave up my imaginary friend around 6 years old. It's like adult coloring books. I just don't have any interest in talking with imaginary friends.

What makes you think God is imaginary? Do you think 97% of the world includes delusional adults? What must it be like to have we inmates run your skeptics' asylum for you?

dfnj

What makes you think God is imaginary? Do you think 97% of the world includes delusional adults? What must it be like to have we inmates run your skeptics' asylum for you?

Clearly you are being delusional. Obviously by your snarky "for you" question you are just being a punk.

Maybe if you calm down a bit and use your brain for moment you can see my point of view.

Nobody denies the existence of "apples". I can hold an apple in my hand and we can both look at it together and say, "apple". You cannot do this with God. You cannot bring me over to a guy sitting in a chair and say, "Here, this is God. Ask him any questions you want." My whole life I have not experienced a single shred of evidence for the existence of God. I have heard other people claim all of existence is evidence for the existence of God. But for me, saying everything is evidence is really not evidence for anything. And I've heard people say certain personal experiences they've had is evidence for God's existence. Again, it is not evidence if the exact experience cannot be shared by more than one person. I do not feel comfortable taking the word of others when it comes as evidence for the existence of God. In my life, all my experiences of reality have been non-supernatural my whole life.

As far as I can tell, God is just a word. And what the word God means is defined by every sentence it has ever been used in. And since the idea of God only exists in our words and language, then God is just imaginary. Prove me otherwise? Please provide your evidence for your idea of God existing in reality and not just in your imagination. You can't so I am perfectly correct in what I was saying that you found to be so offensive.

I think your snarkiness says more about you than it does me. I think your faith in God must be really weak if you feel so compelled to respond to my post with snarkiness. The essence of having faith in God is precisely because there is no evidence for the existence of God. You should try to develop a stronger faith in God. Maybe having a belief in God is not for you. You know you only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character. Maybe you hate me because you hate yourself.

I am very comfortable in my skin. I don't see my reality as an asylum. Where did not you come up the the 97% number? Please provide a link. According to Tibetan monks everyone in the World is 100% delusional.

Thermos aquaticus

Sarcasm suits you less well than science. Stick with science.

Or were you aware when you were born and then a toddler? Can we have recorded conversations of your parents' talk replayed, so we can be sure you're not adopted, rather than blindly believing documents you claim are true though you were not present when they were recorded?

So when you say "conversations" you really don't mean speaking with someone, correct?

Thermos aquaticus

Here's the rub. When people try to make something seem more than it really is it makes us think that they are not being honest. For example, if you say that you talk with someone you are trying to give the impression that those interactions are the same as talking to a fellow human being. But is that true? No. So why try to portray it as something it is not? Why be dishonest?

Pudding

I actually never saw religion as an organization. Organizations sound more for business. Religion is cultural and spiritual ways to understand life.
I don't feel that organisations sound more for business, nvm, we can agree to disagree.

If its man-made, do you mean history?
No. By man-made, i mean the specific religion's deity is fiction/illusion which made/caused by human.

A lot of people in history say Greeks influence the making of christianity. One god religions wasnt always around. Many factors, a lot political, turned polytheism to monotheism. Historically and political influences shape what we call religion. Unless man-mad is referring to political, as a communal practice and faith, I see its pass all of that. But many religious dont agree. Im wondering what they mean by man-made. I can guess but hoping one can give a good answer beyond whose right and wrong.
I can't really grasp what you intended to say, i think i'll pass on this discussion about "influence".

It is the original statement addressed to all who answer the OP.

What does it mean for you (people answering the OP) to not follow a man-made religion.

Edited.
Thanks for answer.

Man-made religion:
An organization/system of faith and worship of deity(s). The deity doesn't exist as real being. The deity is fiction/illusion which made/caused by human, iow the religion was caused by human (man-made), not caused by a deity who exists as real being.

Not following a man-made religion means: Not following a religion which its deity does not exists as real being.

Last edited:

Baroodi

It is strange to believe in mankind histories and stories happened thousands of years ago and when it come to prophets stories and religious issues, people shrug shoulders and give it their backs

Baroodi

What does that mean?

All religion is man-made. What is god exactly apart from man's testimony and interpretation of him?

read this

( Didn't the unbelievers see that, heavens and earth were joint together before We separate them and We made from water every living thing. Are they not believing yet? Noble Quran 21:30

the scientists of the west who were not believing in Islam put the Big Bang theory and the German scientists who discovered that 70% of the cell is water were afforded Noble prize. This was not discovered by Islam scientists and it was said more than 15 centuries back, when Europe was in dead darkness. How this can come from a human specially when you know that, the man (Mohammed) who said: this Quran was revealed to me from God, was unlettered.
definitely if Islam Scientists discover this, this would nullify the whole Quran. Of course it is all divine. No falsehood can tarnish Quran in his past history nor in the future to come