• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man sentenced to death for sorcery.

kai

ragamuffin
it is not that simple, Kai. yes i do accept Qur'an holds information with no mistakes but if you think Muslims believe them with no any proof or experience, you are seriously underestimating something you are not aware of

Lava the Quran is the unalterable sacred word of god if it states there's Demons and sorcery then there is------no?

blackout

Violet.
In one of the videos that shows him performing on tv before he came to Saudi Arabia and before shutting down that tv, he was pretending to read the Quran but if you focus, you can see ...that he is changing everything, he change the letters, the word, and the way you pronounce, because the demons wouldn't allow him to read the Quran in a correct manner because it will scare them off. So he just pretend to read the Quran to fool people and make them believe he is using the Quran to do services for them, heal them, etc.

If you focus on just about anything,
from just about ANY angle,
you can see just about anything. :shrug:

People see what they are inclined to see.
They see what they are looking to see.
And what they most expect to see.

We don't even need charlatans to fool us.
We do quite a good enough job of it all on our own.

kai

ragamuffin
yes but that is not the end of story. faith is not blind

what if i said ,"Faith is not blind Lava its Quranic" Can a Muslim question the Quran? If all scientific evidence pointed to the fact that sorcerers are charlatans could the Quran be wrong?

kai

ragamuffin
thank God for that.

there are two things i don't get though.
what about that person who wanted his so-called help? what happens to him?
and why don't Arabic authorities simply send him back and never let him in? after all he is not citizen of Arabia

Good point Lava, isnt it forbidden to go to such a man for help?

.lava

Veteran Member
what if i said ,"Faith is not blind Lava its Quranic" Can a Muslim question the Quran? If all scientific evidence pointed to the fact that sorcerers are charlatans could the Quran be wrong?

if you said that then i would say it is partially true. some religous are attached to worldly stuff including their faiths. but in our teachings physics and metaphysics go hand in hand. if some people were wasting their energy on how should a Muslim wear in society and discuss it as if it was the most important part of religion, well, it is their problem. the rest are not obligated to be bordered by their limits and their shallow interpretation of science/Ilm of Islam. religion becomes an ideology when it is percieved as pure worldly practice. that is not what Islam is about.

and for fake sorcerers...there is real and fake versions of everything. not everyone is charlatan

blackout

Violet.
It is also indicated that whoever believes in sorcery will not enter Heaven (Ahmad ibn Hanbal, II, 83; IV, 399).

Tashan, I'll address you maybe,
because I think you indicated that you believed in sorcery.
(please excuse me if I'm wrong)

What do you make of this?

kai

ragamuffin

Tashan, I'll address you maybe,
because I think you indicated that you believed in sorcery.
(please excuse me if I'm wrong)

What do you make of this?

If i may:

I think that as long as you recognise that sorcery cannot work unless Allah wills it and its not actually the sorcerer that wills it your ok. (now its getting a little confusing)

.lava

Veteran Member
Isnt it forbidden to go to a sorcerer for spells and such like?and believing in what magician or sorcerer says renders one a disbeliever.

Read more: Black Magic: Rulings & Remedy - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

yes, of course it is. i can't say it for sure talking to a sorcerer always make you lose your faith. it is not that easy to lose your faith. it could be damaged as it would be damaged by gossiping about people or stealing or you might get yourself in trouble or at least you'd be commiting a sin by trusting someone who goes against law of God. so what's your point?

kai

ragamuffin
yes, of course it is. i can't say it for sure talking to a sorcerer always make you lose your faith. it is not that easy to lose your faith. it could be damaged as it would be damaged by gossiping about people or stealing or you might get yourself in trouble or at least you'd be commiting a sin by trusting someone who goes against law of God. so what's your point?

I forgot what my point was??????. Oh yes i think you said something like, what about the people that employed him to do the sorcery ? I was thinking that also.

blackout

Violet.
It is also indicated that whoever believes in sorcery will not enter Heaven (Ahmad ibn Hanbal, II, 83; IV, 399).
yet in the same article the author addresses REAL sorcery...

Black Art: It is the real sorcery. People who do it claim that they can do some things with the help of evil powers, especially with the help of demons.

I suppose this man will not be going to heaven then,
as he obviously BELIEVES in sorcery.

blackout

Violet.

And especially if the sorcerer is assumed to be nothing more than a charlatan,
and is not "believed in".

How on earth could a charlatan make you lose or attain faith? right?

.lava

Veteran Member
being aware of sorcery and therefor believing it is never same with having faith in it and asking help from sorcerer instead of God itself

blackout

Violet.
being aware of sorcery and therefor believing it is never same with having faith in it and asking help from sorcerer instead of God itself

Believing/Believing In/Having Faith/Having Faith In

The very same words can be used to mean just about anything.

EVERYONE SpellCasts.
ie..Casts their own meaning and interpretive spin
on the Written/Spelled/Spoken Word.
(According to their own Sense'Abilities and 'Reason/s')

Everyone is ALSO a SpellBinder,
Disallowing (or Binding) the interpretations of others,
or forbidden (or discouraged/"wrong") interpretations
from holding PERSONAL VALIDITY.

.lava

Veteran Member
Believing/Believing In/Having Faith/Having Faith In

The very same words can be used to mean just about anything.

EVERYONE SpellCasts.
ie..Casts their own meaning and interpretive spin
on the Written/Spelled/Spoken Word.
(According to their own Sense'Abilities and 'Reason/s')

Everyone is ALSO a SpellBinder,
Disallowing (or Binding) the interpretations of others,
or forbidden (or discouraged/"wrong") interpretations
from holding PERSONAL VALIDITY.

yes, same words can be said for many things. i am aware of atheism, that does not mean i have faith in what they believe...so?