• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man sentenced to death for sorcery.

To Penguin and Mr Spinkles;
When forming a constitution that states the rights of the minorities are protected, freedom of belief is guaranteed...etc, who will say that this constitution should be the constitution of the state, who will say there should be changes and who will say that it's rejected? Shouldn't it enjoy public consent?
Yes, ultimately it must. I agree.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
In one of the videos that shows him performing on tv before he came to Saudi Arabia and before shutting down that tv, he was pretending to read the Quran but if you focus, you can see that he is changing everything, he change the letters, the word, and the way you pronounce, because the demons wouldn't allow him to read the Quran in a correct manner because it will scare them off. So he just pretend to read the Quran to fool people and make them believe he is using the Quran to do services for them, heal them, etc.

yes that is correct, i have heard a similar thing to this before. also they cannot stand the Adhan, as stated in one hadith, the sheytan hates it so much that if he hears it he falls down on his knees (like a dog < my words)

Also, in one of the videos he told a woman that all her problems will be solved and her husband will leave his new love and come back to her. He was fooling simple people and make them believe that he can solve all their problems and even help them harm others to protect their own failed relationships or their lost business, etc.

knowledge is light, those that don't seek it will be left in the darkness.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's a little high-handed of you, don't you think? It's not that we don't care for our mothers every day of the year, but it's a special day for them.

If that's the case, why do you celebrate Ramadan? Shouldn't you be practicing patience, modesty and spirituality every day of the year? Why set aside a special time for more of it?

We celebrate Ramadan because it's a religious festival after finishing the fast. We can't fast the whole year. :D

If Mothers day is just to spoil the mother or bring some gifts to her so i don't see any problem in doing so, even some Muslims here do it, but the problem is that in the West, this day becomes the ONLY day of taking care or remembering the mother and forgetting about her the entire year.

Sahar

Mother's Day? Do you have a problem with setting aside one measly day a year to show extra love and honor to the woman who brought you into this world? Who raised you? Loved you? Guided you? It's called honoring a parent. Same as Father's Day. I thought Muslims would be as much into giving honor and respect to one's parents as a Christian would, or a person of any other religion. Am I wrong? What is so horrible about setting aside special days to show love to different loved ones in our lives and to let them know that we are especially grateful of them and we are thinking of them?

A day doesn't need to be religious in order for it to be special.
That's a little high-handed of you, don't you think? It's not that we don't care for our mothers every day of the year, but it's a special day for them.

If that's the case, why do you celebrate Ramadan? Shouldn't you be practicing patience, modesty and spirituality every day of the year? Why set aside a special time for more of it?
Muslims' perspective on this can be different and no harm in this. Some will say no problem with celebrating Mother's day (I just did 5 days ago like many Egyptians here did) and some will disagree using TashaN logic which is nice logic too. Why the mother needs a special day if all her days should be special?

As for Ramadan, fasting is not an obligatory thing to do throughout the year unlike treating our parents in the best manner.

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
so all Muslim Mothers live with their sons or daughters for ever ? everywhere? all muslims? all over the world?How could you Know that? why that's almost----sorcery---lol

:eek: nooooo, no sorcery here :rolleyes:, i don't know if all muslims do this but it is mandatory 'even if they become dificult'-quran.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Outstanding job, Tashan. I had no idea this guy possessed an "I heart Jesus" hat and Pokemon dolls. I guess that settles the issue. Off with his head. :sarcastic

I don't know what you mean, but if you mean the picture at that link i have posted, it's tools for various people who got caught doing the same activities, not for the person in this case. By the way, do you believe in demons? :D

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
:rolleyes: Claims or accusations and the "admissions" of working with the "devil" aren't proof of anything. :facepalm:

right. if i went to a police station and said i killed someone, the officers will just ignore me because thats not proof.

Sahar

aih ya 3am Faisal, enta sha3'al fel mehna di ba2alak keteer walla aih? :fork: You are scaring me :eek: :run:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
right. if i went to a police station and said i killed someone, the officers will just ignore me because thats not proof.
I think it's more that if your police were known for beating confessions out of suspects, when they presented your signed confession to the judge, he wouldn't necessarily think that you signed it because you committed the crime.

But yes, police officers often ignore confessions when they don't have good reason to think that the person committed a crime. Often, when a crime is reported in the media, many people will come forward and confess... not because they actually committed the crime, but for psychological reasons: either because they falsely believe that they committed the crime, or because they feel guilty about some non-criminal act and believe that they need to be "punished" to be absolved of their guilt.

And in this case, even if a confession of "working with the devil" was made freely, it wouldn't be proof of anything beyond an overactive imagination.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
aih ya 3am Faisal, enta sha3'al fel mehna di ba2alak keteer walla aih? :fork: You are scaring me :eek: :run:

hey, balash te2oli kida la a7san yefakaro fi also3odiah eny ba3mil kida min gad wo ye6ayaro ra2bti. :cover: ana 3ayiz agawiz wathanna :sad:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Muslims' perspective on this can be different and no harm in this. Some will say no problem with celebrating Mothers' day (I just did 5 days ago like many Egyptians here did) and some will disagree using TashaN logic which is nice logic too. Why the mother needs a special day if all her says should be special?

As for Ramadan, fasting is not an obligatory thing to do throughout the year unlike treating our parents in the best manner.

there is a hadith that does not allow us to imitate the non-muslims for then we are like them.

i don't have it now so i would like you to read the following instead:
IslamWeb - The ruling on celebrating Motherâ&#8364;&#8482;s Day and Family Day

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it's more that if your police were known for beating confessions out of suspects, when they presented your signed confession to the judge, he wouldn't necessarily think that you signed it because you committed the crime.

But yes, police officers often ignore confessions when they don't have good reason to think that the person committed a crime. Often, when a crime is reported in the media, many people will come forward and confess... not because they actually committed the crime, but for psychological reasons: either because they falsely believe that they committed the crime, or because they feel guilty about some non-criminal act and believe that they need to be "punished" to be absolved of their guilt.

And in this case, even if a confession of "working with the devil" was made freely, it wouldn't be proof of anything beyond an overactive imagination.

It was a set up. When he got caught on the delivering time, he freaked out and confessed in the hope to spare him from punishment. He was convincing people that he was performing things for them either to attract their love to them or send others away and even harming them. He was fooling them most of the time and taking the prey money, and sometimes he was doing it for real. Anyhow, all his activities were previously well documented when he was presenting it on tv, and the thing he planned to do in Saudi Arabia was just for confirmation of his evil deeds.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back

it is not just his confession though, they have the other evidence such as telling that woman he can make her husband come back to her that Tashan posted. he has most likely done that kind of work for many years thus there is evidence to support his confession.

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
We celebrate Ramadan because it's a religious festival after finishing the fast. We can't fast the whole year. :D

If Mothers day is just to spoil the mother or bring some gifts to her so i don't see any problem in doing so, even some Muslims here do it, but the problem is that in the West, this day becomes the ONLY day of taking care or remembering the mother and forgetting about her the entire year.

I understand about Ramadan, I was just making the point that both holidays celebrate good things in life... but just because they're celebrated at a specific time doesn't mean that they're forgotten about the rest of the year.

It really is just a light-hearted little day to spoil her a bit... Believe me, I don't forget about my mother. She calls me wayyyy to much for that.... :p

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Not in my experience.

You pray five times a day, right? Does this mean you ignore God the rest of the time?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I have not read through the whole thread, is there a defense of the execution of this man for the... crime... of sorcery going on?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Not in my experience.

You pray five times a day, right? Does this mean you ignore God the rest of the time?

have you ever heard of the word ibadah?

that means 'worshiping', 'obeying', 'pleasing' Allah. prayer isn't the only way muslims worship Allah or please him. eating the way we are meant to islamically is considered ibadah, drinking the way we are meant to is ibadah, reciting quran is considered ibadah, so is prayer, having our old parents live with us is ibadah, talking gently to them is ibadah even though they may become difficult etc etc.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
have you ever heard of the word ibadah?

that means 'worshiping', 'obeying', 'pleasing' Allah. prayer isn't the only way muslims worship Allah or please him. eating the way we are meant to islamically is considered ibadah, drinking the way we are meant to is ibadah, reciting quran is considered ibadah, so is prayer, having our old parents live with us is ibadah, talking gently to them is ibadah even though they may become difficult etc etc.
Ah... so even though you have special times set aside for the worship of God, you also worship him outside these times (by your explanation, maybe even constantly).

So now you understand how a person can set aside a special day of the year to honour his mother, while still treating his mother with honour and respect every day.

I'm glad you get the concept.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Ah... so even though you have special times set aside for the worship of God, you also worship him outside these times (by your explanation, maybe even constantly).

So now you understand how a person can set aside a special day of the year to honour his mother, while still treating his mother with honour and respect every day.

I'm glad you get the concept.

i want to know one thing, how does a non-muslim whose parents are in a retirement village honour, respect and care for his/her parents?