• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man sentenced to death for sorcery.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Mr Spinkles i think what you first need to be discussing is whether the devil (who travels faster than any man made machine, can change shape into any living thing, is the father of all the other devils who populate pretty much like us and are in millions maybe) exists or not.

whats happening in your discussion with maro and the other members is like me having a gun (no one knowing what a gun is or having seen one) and saying to people i can kill anyone of you from a distance of over 100 meters? i don't see how that makes sense unless you first prove whether 'something' that can do that exists.

eselam,

If you demonstrate you have the ability to shoot something from over 100 meters, then clearly "something" must exist which enabled you to do that. We could call this something "gun".

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
eselam,

If you demonstrate you have the ability to shoot something from over 100 meters, then clearly "something" must exist which enabled you to do that. We could call this something "gun".

exactly, one can call it whatever one wants but the point is, he is using 'something' (a gun) to shoot someone from over 100 meters.

the same with sorcery in islam, people do not have magical powers, they use 'something'.

in the quran it says,
2:102 and follow [instead] that which the evil ones used to practice during Solomon's reign - for it was not Solomon who denied the truth, but those evil ones denied it by teaching people sorcery-; and [they follow] that which has come down through the two angels in babylon, Hurut and Marut-although these two never taught it to anyone without first declaring, "We are but a temptation to evil: do not, then, deny [God's] truth!" And they learn from these two how to create discord between a man and his wife; but whereas they can harm none thereby save by God's leave, they acquire a knowledge that only harms themselves and does not benefit them - although they know; indeed, that he who acquires this [knowledge] shall have no share in the good of the life to come. For, vile indeed is that [art] for which they have sold their own selves -had they but known it!

so those teachings as to how to control a devil still exist. that is how these sorcerers like Ali Hassan perform these things, the one about bringing that female client her husband back and to leave his other wife/misstress. to you this sounds like childsih talk and has no more truth than the existence of those characters in the avatar movie, but just because scince cannot prove it, it doesn't mean science is right if it says, devils do not exist. many things are unseen to us, god is one obvious example, the next is the angels then the devils.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
eselam,

also what i was saying is that, the pople are to not see the gun when he shoots. then what do you call it?

kai

ragamuffin
What we are dealing with here is the suspension of the laws of physics the manipulation of nature by will, or by the intervention of supernatural entities. A little like religion really.

I think its highly unlikely that someone who believes in Magic because a religious scripture tells them it exists, is going to be interested in any scientific repudiation.

and why do you think you should use diplomatic pressure or any pressure at all to make me apply your own standards ? what gives you the right to impose them by any means at all ?
This isn't about you, maro. You're not the victim. This is about Mr. Sibat, his guilt or innocence, and his life. I think diplomatic pressure should be used, not to "apply my own standards", but to appeal or advocate on behalf of Mr. Sibat, because I think it's wrong to execute a foreign national for pretending to be Gandalf from Lord of the Rings.
maro said:
what do you think of an islamic country using diplomatic pressure on other non islamic countries to ban alcohol and sodomy ? is this acceptable ?
Acceptable, as in, do they have the right to do this? I think so. I wouldn't like it, and I would use counter-diplomacy and I don't think this would go anywhere.
maro said:
Actually ,the "arrogance " lies in the word "pressure" itself
Normally I guess I should try to be more sensitive to the abuses of "pressure" and the balance of power in the world. However, I don't think it's inappropriate in this case. I wish American voters and the world would apply more political pressure on the U.S. to close Guantanamo, by the way.
maro said:
of course i myself need evidence to believe in the revealation on the first place....but once i believe in the revealtion ,i don't need evidence for every single word in it

So ,if you want evidence that the quran in the divine revealtion to humanity...it's out there....but if you want evidence for every single word in it....i can't promise you ,honestly
That's reasonable, maro. For practical reasons, I can say I believe what's in my physics textbook based on evidence, but I personally can't provide evidence for every word. OTOH if there was no evidence for a particular idea in my book, I would have to admit that part must be unfounded or erroneous.
sure..and it has been proved....them man was caught with the money he took for doing magic...and with the tools usually used by magicians....and also ,he confessed
First of all, what tools? Secondly, this does not prove he violated the laws of physics, or that he harmed anyone, or had the potential to harm anyone with real magical powers. He could merely *believe* he has magical powers, but actually he doesn't, he is just superstitious or a little insane, but as harmless as a child who threatens to unleash their imaginary friend on us. Or, he could have done this as a scam to get money, but at no point did he actually have the power to harm anyone with magic, or had any intention of doing so. His confession could be false because he thought that's what his interrogators wanted to hear and they would send him back to Lebanon. Or, it could be false because he merely *believes* he cast magic spells on people, but he's delusional.

if we found a dead body on the floor...and someone next to it , with a bloody knife in his hand ..what are we supposed to think ? that he did it ,right ? and you probably will accept that because you believe "murder" exists....we don't have to prove "murder" for you first....we only need to prove that the man did it..which is much easier
Right. Murder doesn't violate the laws of physics and there are no cases of people stabbing each other, and nothing happens, it's all imaginary. There are plenty of cases of people trying to cast spells on each other, and nothing happens, and there are NO documented cases where something magical happened.

considering that we believe magic exists ,and this is a fact for us , i see the evidence that the man was practicing it very satisfying.....and considering that you don't believe magic exists , no amount of proof will be satisfactory for you....and this is not really our problem ,it's yours
It's Mr. Sibat's problem, first and foremost, and the problem of his executioners. I see what you're saying. But you're wrong to say no amount of proof will be satisfactory to me. Zero proof is definitely unsatisfactory to me.

I believe you also know muslims who believe extramarital sex is okay...and dating non muslims is also fine...right ?
The type of muslims you know are very interesting really...probably "enlightened" or "liberal " or " progressive "

if you are looking forward for all muslims to be as *progressive* and *enlightened * as your friends...you will be extremely disappointed ,i am afraid...live with it
I am trying to talk about Mr. Sibat and the evidence against him ... it seems like you keep bringing the discussion back to yourself and me personally. Why?

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Were not Jesus, Mohomad and all other prophets scorcerers, performing supernatural magic to sway the minds of the weak from the existing society? I see no difference here.

Cheers

.lava

Veteran Member
Were not Jesus, Mohomad and all other prophets scorcerers, performing supernatural magic to sway the minds of the weak from the existing society? I see no difference here.

Cheers

no, they were servants of God, proxies. they never got help from any other creature to show off. miracle belongs to God and miracle and magick are not the same thing

blackout

Violet.
This isn't about you, maro. You're not the victim. This is about Mr. Sibat, his guilt or innocence, and his life. I think diplomatic pressure should be used, not to "apply my own standards", but to appeal or advocate on behalf of Mr. Sibat, because I think it's wrong to execute a foreign national for pretending to be Gandalf from Lord of the Rings.

LOL :D

(gave me a good chuckle)

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
sorry mate , but no i dont

what, really?

well ok my point though is that what needs to be questioned is whether the devil exists, not whether a man can do magic through the devil all the while not accepting the existence of the devil. i'm sure you understand that.

blackout

Violet.
what, really?

well ok my point though is that what needs to be questioned is whether the devil exists, not whether a man can do magic through the devil all the while not accepting the existence of the devil. i'm sure you understand that.

People's conceptualizations/understandings of Magic/k/s varry greatly.

There are a great MANY things to question.
But people afraid to question their own religious doctrine
will never get very far in the question asking department.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
People's conceptualizations/understandings of Magic/k/s varry greatly.

There are a great MANY things to question.
But people afraid to question their own religious doctrine
will never get very far in the question asking department.

where did i say i'm afraid to question my religion?

blackout

Violet.
what, really?

where did i say i'm afraid to question my religion?

Your scope of what "needs" to be asked
tells the tale...

"Weather or not (your version) of the devil exists"
(is what needs to be questioned).

eh. I'm not even going to bother.
Things are to people what they are.

People SpellBind their OWN MINDS
each and every day.
No devil necessary.
No (other) Sorcerer necessary than the Haphazard Self.

Everyone Casts their own Spells.
Everyone Binds their own minds to the Spelling of one Author(ity)
or another.

Let everyone gather in a circle for execution
and we shall ALL cast the stones,
and die together.

Last edited:

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
no, they were servants of God, proxies. they never got help from any other creature to show off. miracle belongs to God and miracle and magick are not the same thing

Bull-poo.

Guy walks on water - alleged miracle.
Wise woman who looks to other deities saves a breach baby - alleged sorcery.

Sorry, no one is buying it.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
what, really?

Your devil can only effect those who worship within an Abrahamic religious structure.

There is no connection, no conduit for your devil to pray upon anyone who looks to other religions or none.