• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manafort found guilty on 8 of 18 counts.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The other ten the jury could not decide on. A mistrial has been declared on those charges and they can retry him. For Manafort these eight charges alone amount to a life sentence.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Paul Manafort Guilty of Eight Counts of Fraud

And now the Cohen plea deal has been announced.

Those dominoes are beginning to get louder.

Witch hunt going for the lowest hanging fruit, of course, then of course patting themselves on the back as if anything changed.

Anyway, everyone (including Trumpers) knew Manafort and Cohen were up to no good. It's not a big deal... Trump isn't guilty of anything because they are, etc...

Trump probably won't testify because of looming perjury suits if his testimony conflicts with Comey and others. So, while I'd call this a lefty win -- it's all the win they have. They still lose the prize... 700 days into the investigation and nothing but scraps... A big loss no matter what political affiliation you espouse...

Altfish

Veteran Member
Witch hunt going for the lowest hanging fruit, of course, then of course patting themselves on the back as if anything changed.

Anyway, everyone (including Trumpers) knew Manafort and Cohen were up to no good. It's not a big deal... Trump isn't guilty of anything because they are, etc...

Trump probably won't testify because of looming perjury suits if his testimony conflicts with Comey and others. So, while I'd call this a lefty win -- it's all the win they have. They still lose the prize... 700 days into the investigation and nothing but scraps... A big loss no matter what political affiliation you espouse...
Why is it a 'lefty win' - he was a crook and has been found guilty, surely the right believe that too?

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Why is it a 'lefty win' - he was a crook and has found guilty, surely the right believe that too?

Guilt is not the sole determination of intent, it's possible to be guilty even though you personally thought you didn't do a thing wrong. Regardless, it's hard to say whether Manafort and others thought they were doing something they couldn't do. What's amusing is that Hillary has been doing the same thing as Manafort, so I am loving this. I can't wait for the precedent to be established/reinforced and watch her have her *** handed to her.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Guilt is not the sole determination of intent, it's possible to be guilty even though you personally thought you didn't do a thing wrong. Regardless, it's hard to say whether Manafort and others thought they were doing something they couldn't do. What's amusing is that Hillary has been doing the same thing as Manafort, so I am loving this. I can't wait for the precedent to be established/reinforced and watch her have her *** handed to her.
Fine, get the evidence and get her to court. I'll be cheering just as loudly if she is proven crooked and sent down.
I believe in justice not left and right.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Anyway, everyone (including Trumpers) knew Manafort and Cohen were up to no good..

"He happens to be a very good person and it happens to be very sad what they've done to Paul Manafort," the president told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House before departing for New York. Source.

Well, apparently not everyone.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Fine, get the evidence and get her to court. I'll be cheering just as loudly if she is proven crooked and sent down.
I believe in justice not left and right.

Uranium One is common knowledge, as are the Chinese solar companies, and other scams. Why the government hasn't investigated these is beyond me, but it just shows bias. There, of course, is also the theft of the Haitian relief money.

"He happens to be a very good person and it happens to be very sad what they've done to Paul Manafort," the president told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House before departing for New York. Source.

Well, apparently not everyone.

You can be a great person, but still screw up. :D Anyway, all of Manafort's trouble lies in his personal space. Cohen is similar in this way as well.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Uranium One is common knowledge, as are the Chinese solar companies, and other scams. Why the government hasn't investigated these is beyond me, but it just shows bias. There, of course, is also the theft of the Haitian relief money.

You can be a great person, but still screw up. :D Anyway, all of Manafort's trouble lies in his personal space. Cohen is similar in this way as well.
Why not start a thread on the topic of Hillary. One suggestion, see if you can find valid sources that support your claims. If you only post right wing propaganda only Kool-Aid drinkers will give you any support.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
NO COLUSION! FAKE NEWS! WHAT ABOUT HILLARY! WITCH HUNT! MAGA!

The sad part is tRump's disrespect for the justice system. Manafort convicted of 8 felony counts by the justice system and the people, and not politics.

From: Live: Manafort jury reaches verdict on 8 counts - CNNPolitics

Trump says he feels very badly for Paul Manafort

Deplaning in West Virginia ahead of tonight's rally, President Trump praised his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort as a "good man" and attacked special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation as "witch hunt" and a "disgrace."

"Paul Manafort is a good man. He was with Ronald Reagan. He was with a lot of different people over the years. I feel very sad about that. It doesn’t involve me but I still feel..." Trump said.

Trump noted that the charges Manafort was convicted of on Tuesday have "nothing to do with Russian collusion" and criticized the investigation for arriving at this point.

"It’s a witch hunt and it’s disgrace. But this has nothing to do with what they started out," Trump said. "It was not the original mission believe me. It was something very much different. It had nothing to do with Russian collusion."

Trump did not answer any questions about his former personal attorney Michael Cohen, who plead guilty to eight charges in his trial related to tax, fraud and campaign finance violation charges.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Regardless, it's hard to say whether Manafort and others thought they were doing something they couldn't do.
Manafort knew damn well what he was doing. Don't even try to pretend he thought his actions were legal.
What's amusing is that Hillary has been doing the same thing as Manafort, so I am loving this.
What's amusing is no matter what, it always goes back to Hillary when Trump and Crew. This isn't 2016 anymore. We are discussing today, not nearly three years ago.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Why is it either/or with Trump and Hillary? If they're guilty of criminal activity, then they should face the consequences regardless of their political affiliation. Partisan loyalty shouldn't supersede ethics and principles.