• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manafort found guilty on 8 of 18 counts.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I expect him to get about 10 years. That is a long time in prison for someone his age. Although he will probably serve only half of that.

Now onto to his next trial in September.
guy should die in prison never having seen the light of day for how ever long it takes from him to die of natural causes.

White collar crimes cause the most suffering yet they suffer the least for their deeds. Murder is bad, but say bank fraud, is 100x worse in my opinion. A single murder affects the lives of the recently deceased, the latter affects 100-1000's of families. White collar crime needs capital punishment.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
39616869_2268292449930463_8835979146535370752_n.jpg

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
guy should die in prison never having seen the light of day for how ever long it takes from him to die of natural causes.

White collar crimes cause the most suffering yet they suffer the least for their deeds. Murder is bad, but say bank fraud, is 100x worse in my opinion. A single murder affects the lives of the recently deceased, the latter affects 100-1000's of families. White collar crime needs capital punishment.
Although I am against the death penalty I agree that these kind of crimes need to be dealt with much more harshly, more frequently, and more consistently.

There huge disparity in wealth we see is due in large part to crimes like this.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I expect him to get about 10 years. That is a long time in prison for someone his age. Although he will probably serve only half of that.

Now onto to his next trial in September.
It's federal. He can only get 54 days off a year for "good time" in federal prison. Also he has other charges waiting for him in DC, separate from these. He may be in for life.

ecco

Veteran Member
At whose expense? I don't like paying for nothing as do most people, I want results- non B.S. results.
Results as in the lengthy Benghazi investigations and Congressional hearings that did not result in Clinton being found guilty of anything. An investigation (Est. cost $7,000,000) that my tax dollars helped fund.

If I have to pay for Republicans investigating Clinton, you have to pay for a Special Prosecutor investigating Trump and his cronies. As far as results, how about guilty pleas and convictions:
Flynn
Manafort
Cohen
Gates
Papadopoulos

...and the beat goes on...

ecco

Veteran Member
My emphasis

I gave your post a :thumbsup: but wanted to repost it.

Unfortunately it will never happen. Too many lawmakers and their major contributors realize that they are just a stone's throw away from getting caught.

I would even be OK with a mandatory one-year-per-million-dollars minimum sentence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Are you intentionally (hopefully?) ignoring the probability of a Presidential pardon?
That is a real possibility, though that could be viewed as obstructing justice in the justice obstruction investigation, ironic.

In some ways I hope he does so. The guilt of Manafort is rather obvious.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Guilt is not the sole determination of intent, it's possible to be guilty even though you personally thought you didn't do a thing wrong. Regardless, it's hard to say whether Manafort and others thought they were doing something they couldn't do. What's amusing is that Hillary has been doing the same thing as Manafort, so I am loving this. I can't wait for the precedent to be established/reinforced and watch her have her *** handed to her.
Boy, the Trump supporters have come a long way since "Lock Her Up, Lock Her Up" was a regular chant at Trump rallies and Fox News.

Nowadays, they have moved from that to "Innocent until proven guilty", to "It's a Witch Hunt".

Without a trace of recognition of the irony.
Tom